Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do people blame promoters and dealers on Guillermo's Career?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do people blame promoters and dealers on Guillermo's Career?

Ever since the Donaire fight, he has been in numerous PPV undercards so that he would entertain and be appealed to other fans not just hardcore boxing fans but casuals also. He entered the PPV undercards numerous times which means numerous chances, and then in all of those numerous chances he stunk out the joint in all of them and the promoters and TV dealers says "Alright we had enough, we'd given him opportunity numerous times and he got booed numerous times by fans and demanding he wont be in an undercard in a PPV, he got his chances he's on his own." and then dropped him.

So why blame promoters and dealers that had given him opportunity to entertain and appeal to the masses when he obviously was at fault when he stunk the joint out in all of his big opportunities in MATCHED FIGHTS THAT HE WAS SUPPOSED TO LOOK GOOD, and then dropped him when the dealers had enough giving him opportunity.

Because the casuals are extremely uneducated and lack common sense

Comment

Because we've seen guys moved well & not moved well & its clear the guys moving Rigo don't know wtf they are doing or are just bad businessmen. Sadly thats just how things work in boxing with all the freedom fighters have to fail in boxing that goes beyond ways one can fail in other sports. Obviously the fault ultimately lands at the feet of Rigo doe & the results of being moved poorly also land at the feet of Rigo, but the main point people usually make with that is its been a waste of a great fighters career to have people moving him who are so f#cking stupid.

The weird thing is so many Cuban's seem to pick bad management. I think living in a communist society for much of your life makes converting to a capitalist society extremely hard when you by choice of job have to deal with so many businessmen who were born in a capitalist society where there is a much more dog eat dog atmosphere. Thats a interesting & smarter discussion than I can speak on, but its clearly a common issue that Cuban boxers careers often find way more business/team/outside the ring bs that hinder their careers than the average boxer so something is there for sure if its about communism vs capitalism or its a cultural thing or if its something else entirely.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
        Ever since the Donaire fight, he has been in numerous PPV undercards so that he would entertain and be appealed to other fans not just hardcore boxing fans but casuals also. He entered the PPV undercards numerous times which means numerous chances, and then in all of those numerous chances he stunk out the joint in all of them and the promoters and TV dealers says "Alright we had enough, we'd given him opportunity numerous times and he got booed numerous times by fans and demanding he wont be in an undercard in a PPV, he got his chances he's on his own." and then dropped him.

So why blame promoters and dealers that had given him opportunity to entertain and appeal to the masses when he obviously was at fault when he stunk the joint out in all of his big opportunities in MATCHED FIGHTS THAT HE WAS SUPPOSED TO LOOK GOOD, and then dropped him when the dealers had enough giving him opportunity.
        Name the numerous chances he had. Date & where it was televised. I haven't heard Rigo. get booed & he won all his fights. The whole thing you are trying to defuse is when he beat nonito. Right after the fight bob arum said it was a s**t fight & boring (it was a great fight with skill from both fighters with knock downs in the fight also so explain boring please) Then all the casuals started repeating exactly what bob said. You seem to be doing bob's work.....
        Last edited by j.razor; 09-07-2017, 08:10 AM.

Comment

The man goes out, dominates and wins...a fighter fights the way they fight to win

Comment

Arum got pissed because he beat his golden fighter Donaire and ****ted on the man..never in my life have i seen a promoter get made about their own damn fighter winning

Comment

I think people missed the point of what Arum was actually saying. Rigo was in there with the golden goose as some are calling Donaire, Donaire had half a good eye left in that fight, why not go for the kill? Donaire had nothing for Rigondeaux and he let it go 12 rounds. That's not what you are supposed to do in your coming out party with that promoter. Hell Arum was kind of pissed at Pacquaio for taking it easy on Margarito the last two rounds of their fight too.

Now onto management, he came defected with nothing. Clearly Cuban and others who defect are going to deal with what they find familiar. Caribe is a familar sound, it's a spanish owned business, i'm sure he felt comfortable talking to them and accepting the housing and car they provided him from jump. I imagine its hard finding yourself stateside with only other people's couches to sleep on. It's the same way dumb rappers get finessed soon as they make any sort of splash on the internet these days. The actual fault of this is Rigo's because he went with what he knew and connected with even if it wasn't the best situation for him. Years ago folks used to bash Arum but the reality has shown since he left that Arum was never the problem for Rigo because the same shhh has happened to his career since he left.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                Because we've seen guys moved well & not moved well & its clear the guys moving Rigo don't know wtf they are doing or are just bad businessmen. Sadly thats just how things work in boxing with all the freedom fighters have to fail in boxing that goes beyond ways one can fail in other sports. Obviously the fault ultimately lands at the feet of Rigo doe & the results of being moved poorly also land at the feet of Rigo, but the main point people usually make with that is its been a waste of a great fighters career to have people moving him who are so f#cking stupid.

The weird thing is so many Cuban's seem to pick bad management. I think living in a communist society for much of your life makes converting to a capitalist society extremely hard when you by choice of job have to deal with so many businessmen who were born in a capitalist society where there is a much more dog eat dog atmosphere. Thats a interesting & smarter discussion than I can speak on, but its clearly a common issue that Cuban boxers careers often find way more business/team/outside the ring bs that hinder their careers than the average boxer so something is there for sure if its about communism vs capitalism or its a cultural thing or if its something else entirely.

surely you can't be this naive?

rigondeaux has a style that literally makes people leave the arena. he's been blackballed by TV networks because of how bad his fights are. he's cuban, and cubans don't go to boxing shows. believe me, dude, if arum thought he could have made money having this guy fight in miami he would. you think he doesn't like money?

he speaks no english. has one of the worst styles for fans in all of boxing. he's old. until recently he wouldn't move up from 122 lbs, a number that casuals see and literally say "my girlfriend weighs more than he does." he seems to think he commands high billing.

and you're blaming management on his poor professional drawing power and career?

"so many cubans pick bad management."

no, so many cubans box amateur until they've had a boring style ingrained in them, particularly the little guys. you think lara is managed poorly? the guy fought canelo, williams, angulo, bums on showtime for a ton of money. his manager has a bunch of blacks on bscene fooled into thinking he's constantly gunning for the golovkin fight and a threat, and has supplanted lara as the boogeyman to beat golovkin as a kind of "black hope" figure.

he does this while he fights ishe smith, delivn rodriguez, jan zavek, vanes martyrosian, yuri foreman, and terrel gausha all in a row. the guy is a classic case of a well managed haymon fighter taking easy money while staying relevant through PR, not through performance.

you guys genuinely don't get boxing . wtf are you even doing here if you spend so mcuh time on bscene and have no idea how the sport works, or who is to blame when the 40 year old, 122 lb boring cuban [who can't even draw in miami,] doesn't get fights.

management doe. if arum wanted to he could make rigondeaux a ppv star doe.

idiots doe. just plain idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
                  The man goes out, dominates and wins...a fighter fights the way they fight to win

you don't even wtach rigondeaux fight, do you? just be honest, you are a fan because he looks like you, the same reason you admitted you were a fan of sullivan barrera.

he gets dropped a lot for a guy you seem to think is a dominant fighter. a lot of people thought he lost to a completely spent ricardo cordoba, who wasn't half of what he used to be before his war with bernard dune. went to japan and fought a journeyman who dropped him twice and seriously rung his bell, and that was relatively recent.

when you fight the way rigondeaux fought against agbeko you have no business expecting to be on TV or to command a high billing. you understand that people leave the arena when he fights, right? that he's so boring that TV execs don't touch him with a 10 foot pole?

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                    surely you can't be this naive?

rigondeaux has a style that literally makes people leave the arena. he's been blackballed by TV networks because of how bad his fights are. he's cuban, and cubans don't go to boxing shows. believe me, dude, if arum thought he could have made money having this guy fight in miami he would. you think he doesn't like money?

he speaks no english. has one of the worst styles for fans in all of boxing. he's old. until recently he wouldn't move up from 122 lbs, a number that casuals see and literally say "my girlfriend weighs more than he does." he seems to think he commands high billing.

and you're blaming management on his poor professional drawing power and career?

"so many cubans pick bad management."

no, so many cubans box amateur until they've had a boring style ingrained in them, particularly the little guys. you think lara is managed poorly? the guy fought canelo, williams, angulo, bums on showtime for a ton of money. his manager has a bunch of blacks on bscene fooled into thinking he's constantly gunning for the golovkin fight and a threat, and has supplanted lara as the boogeyman to beat golovkin as a kind of "black hope" figure.

he does this while he fights ishe smith, delivn rodriguez, jan zavek, vanes martyrosian, yuri foreman, and terrel gausha all in a row. the guy is a classic case of a well managed haymon fighter taking easy money while staying relevant through PR, not through performance.

you guys genuinely don't get boxing . wtf are you even doing here if you spend so mcuh time on bscene and have no idea how the sport works, or who is to blame when the 40 year old, 122 lb boring cuban [who can't even draw in miami,] doesn't get fights.

management doe. if arum wanted to he could make rigondeaux a ppv star doe.

idiots doe. just plain idiots.
                    LOL I'd argue you're naive if you think any boxer can't be sold to fans if properly handled & hyped. I mean sh^t advertising is going on all day because that sh^t works. And I mean there is a difference between being handled properly & even not being able to be a active fighter ffs. Rigo's promotion can barely even secure fight dates for Rigo. The guys been fighting once a year lately basically. And his fights always pop up like a late night drug deal with a new person.

And like I said this is some regular sh^t for Cuban boxers. Sure there is a nationality problem that hurts all Cuban boxers outside of Cuba, but there always seems to be more going on with this cats with their business arrangements that I wouldn't be surprised if there is deeper sh^t going on as these cats are completely unaccustomed to living in a non-communist society & I can see their being some hardship with conforming to that.

Comment

Working...
                    X