Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where does Roy Jones rank?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As one of the best of his era. A number ranking is some silly a$$ kid sh^t.

Personally he's the most unbeatable guy I saw at his prime while I've been watching boxing.

Comment

He is the best I have ever seen

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
        I honestly don’t understand that logic. The exact same could be used against Sugar Ray Robinson, Henry Armstrong, Willie Pep etc. Losing past your prime does not negate what you achieved during your prime.
        Exactly. Ray Robinson fell off super hard. He ended up losing to a ton of journeymen for peanuts at the end of his career. Duran was fighting til 50 and got stopped in 3 rounds by William Joppy!

Comment

Originally posted by larry mustafa View Post
          Impossible to rank any fighter without have a list
          It's impossible to rank guys from such different times in history in a sport that's been around so long and where many of the old time guys got few to no viewable fights.

Lotsa problems with this "all time great" bs. Idk why people love talking about it so much like it's meaningful.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
            I rate Jones as a top twenty- five light heavy. Probably between 12 and 16. but no where near the top of the ATG list. I really don't rate him as an ATG, an all time "top tier" fighter.

Ray

it aint 24 fighters that could whoop prime roy

Comment

Originally posted by bluebeam View Post
              it's too hard to do one.

Roy would be in it for sure tho

Ali
              floyd
              Roy
              sweet pea
              holyfield
              Holmes
              Louis
              foreman
              Duran
              hagler
              hearns
              leonard
              Robinson
              tyson
              pacquiao
              Moore

those 15 just popped up in my head any order
              why would Tyson be anywhere close to top 15 or 20?

Comment

"Ray Robinson fell off super hard. He ended up losing to a ton of journeymen for peanuts at the end of his career"

Sugar was far beyond his best and his "journeymen" were filled with world champs and top- contenders.
                He was NEVER stopped or KO'd like Roy was and Roy's record doesn't compare to Robinson.
                Study then write!

Ray

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
                  "Ray Robinson fell off super hard. He ended up losing to a ton of journeymen for peanuts at the end of his career"

Sugar was far beyond his best and his "journeymen" were filled with world champs and top- contenders.
                  He was NEVER stopped or KO'd like Roy was and Roy's record doesn't compare to Robinson.
                  Study then write!

Ray
                  My point is Robinson ended up losing to guys he would of toyed with at his peak just like Roy. Most greats end up like that, knockout losses or not.

Comment

Below Lawrence Okolie right now.

Comment

Originally posted by DJS View Post
                      Exactly. Ray Robinson fell off super hard. He ended up losing to a ton of journeymen for peanuts at the end of his career. Duran was fighting til 50 and got stopped in 3 rounds by William Joppy!
                      Exactly bro, Duran is another great example of ATG fighter who went on too long, but that doesn’t take away from what he achieved in the prime of his career.

Comment

Working...
                      X