Collapse
No announcement yet.

South Carolina will debate secession if Federal govt. starts taking firearms

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [REAL TALK] South Carolina will debate secession if Federal govt. starts taking firearms

COLUMBIA, S.C. — South Carolina debated seceding from the Union more than 150 years ago, a decision that ultimately led to the Civil War. Now, the topic has come up again, amid a national debate over firearms and gun rights.

A trio of state House Republicans on Thursday quietly introduced a bill that would allow lawmakers to debate seceding from the U.S. if the federal government confiscates guns purchased in South Carolina.

The bill provides that "the general assembly shall convene to consider whether to secede from the United States based upon the federal government's unconstitutional violation of the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution if the federal government confiscates legally purchased firearms in this state."

The measure sponsored by Reps. Mike Pitts, Jonathon Hill and Ashley Trantham has no real chance this session. The deadline for bills to move from one chamber to the other is April 10.

In 1860, South Carolina became the first state to declare that it had seceded from the Union.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/south-c...er-gun-rights/

Let them try.

Comment

I gues the South want another L

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Theodore View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
            I gues the South want another L
            I government starts taking guns it wont just be southern states seceding. Places like Pennsylvania, Ohio, Indiana, Virginia, etc... will follow. All of them have a huge gun culture.

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
              I government starts taking guns it wont just be southern states seceding. Places like Pennsylvania, Ohio, Indiana, Virginia, etc... will follow. All of them have a huge gun culture.
              Only southerners would take it that far you think Ohio would secede

Plenty of Northerners were against the 13th amendment

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                Only southerners would take it that far you think Ohio would secede

Plenty of Northerners were against the 13th amendment
                If government came for their guns tomorrow, Ohio would absolutely secede.

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
                  That's right.

I would say the flyover states with many traditional southern states wouldn't be taking this. That's probably 30+ states right there, not just the original 11 seceding states.

And another thing liberals don't see the folly in their dreams for pushing Civil War 2 is that a majority of enlisted men and officers are from southern states and flyover states. Good luck in telling them to start killing family members, friends, neighbors, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Theodore View Post
                    That's right.

I would say the flyover states with many traditional southern states wouldn't be taking this. That's probably 30+ states right there, not just the original 11 seceding states.

And another thing liberals don't see the folly in their dreams for pushing Civil War 2 is that a majority of enlisted men and officers are from southern states and flyover states. Good luck in telling them to start killing family members, friends, neighbors, etc.
                    lol yea, Civil War 2 is going to happen if we implement a new law. You're a real big thinker man.

Comment

Working...
                    X