Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did David Haye Set An All Time Record For Fewest Punches Thrown In A Victory?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cuzfozzy View Post
    does landing 30 more punches - 3 punches more per round
    allow one to take the title away from the reigning champ?
    i dont think so ...
    the challenger always has to do more to take the belt away
    it cant be this close
    team valuev should protest
    yeah if you land 53 % more punches then you deserve to win. its not like valuev landed 20 punhes a round and haye landed 23

Comment

Originally posted by Fidday View Post
      yeah if you land 53 % more punches then you deserve to win. its not like valuev landed 20 punhes a round and haye landed 23
      And he did hurt him in the end so... I mean what else do you need to do to win?

Comment

Originally posted by cuzfozzy View Post
        well see he's supposed to take the title from the champ
        those kind of stats dont show he did that ..
        he barely squeaked a decision ... to take the title
        it should be a major victory ... he basically did a tommy morrison
        (vs foreman)
        he did clearly take the title. this is professional boxing, not only punches score points. there are 4 criterias.

clean effective punching - in favor of haye
        effective aggression - valuev was coming forward but not really throwing, even if you count that as aggression he didnt land **** so he wasnt effective.
        defense - haye made him look foolish like he said he would, making him miss easily. scored alot with his ability to make valuev miss.
        ring generalship - haye all the way, rarely touched the ropes and when he did got away cleanly. he was the boss in there every round.

some say haye ran, which is ignorant. you really should understand the diffrence from running and moving before you call yourself a boxing fan. the low punch stats are valuevs fault. he has a history of slow and boring fights. haye doesnt. haye was within punching range for valuev most of the time, valuev was scared to let it go. haye was picking up rounds anyways and it was a wise move not to get overaggressive againt the giant and give him a chance to land a lucky punch.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
          The first one that came to mind was Norwood outpointing JMM. Just looked it up though and Norwood actually threw 290.

So far this is the closest to Haye's 146 attempts.

And it is double what Haye threw.

It really cracks me up reading through this thread that people actually think David Haye was justified in completely avoiding a Heavyweight who couldn't even knock out the same Jean Francois Bergeron who was then stopped easily by Dominic Guinn.

Comment

Let's go people..........

I thought we had some real life boxing historians in here........

I am upping the prize to 100,000 Boxingscene points to anyone who can confirm an example of a fighter throwing less punches in a 12 round decision victory than David Haye did.

Comment

Originally posted by Easy-E View Post
              i put quotations around victory cause he really lost.
              gettit??
              ooh i see what you did there

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
                Let's go people..........

I thought we had some real life boxing historians in here........

I am upping the prize to 100,000 Boxingscene points to anyone who can confirm an example of a fighter throwing less punches in a 12 round decision victory than David Haye did.
                You can start by giving me the 50K you owe me.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
                  some say haye ran, which is ignorant. you really should understand the diffrence from running and moving before you call yourself a boxing fan. the low punch stats are valuevs fault. he has a history of slow and boring fights. haye doesnt. haye was within punching range for valuev most of the time, valuev was scared to let it go.
                  Valuev threw 390 punches to Haye's 146, how is the slow fight his fault?

You state that Haye was within range the whole time (LMAO btw) so if that was the case why didn't he take advantage of any of the more than 300 chances he had to counter Valuev's misses?

Still nobody has come even close to Haye's pathetic total....

C'mon people!!

Comment

Working...
                  X