Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

canelo has to stand and fight this time....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don’t care however a fighter wins, as long as it is a clean fight with a fair decision.
    He can win outboxing the guy, knocking him out, he can win in a close but clear decisions with a knockdown being a tie breaker, no problem.

As long as he actually wins.. and the scorecard doesn’t contradict the fight.

All that he has to stand and trade is bs. C’mon this is boxing, not pride wars.

Comment

He move when i try punch him. I tink i win de pight.

Comment

He's going to run and counter, then counter and run, then run run and counter then run counter run run counter........he is not going to trade with Golovkin. He's not stupid.

Comment

How about GGG learn how to cut the ring off...They actually teach that in BOXING...

Comment

Canelo was right in front of him for most of the fight..why the excuses?

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
              Canelo was right in front of him for most of the fight..why the excuses?

They want him to trade so they can catch him. They want him to box less and fight more as that's their play.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckfever View Post
                They want him to trade so they can catch him. They want him to box less and fight more as that's their play.
                They should be able to adjust and mix it up, Thats what Canelo did.You can;t limit a fighter and think every opponent will just come forward and swing with no regard for defense..That is insane

Comment

They should be able to adjust and mix it up, Thats what Canelo did.You can;t limit a fighter and think every opponent will just come forward and swing with no regard for defense..That is insane
                  bigdramashow is the worst poster on Boxingscene now that Tunney isn't posting on his main account.

Comment

Originally posted by dibzvincent143 View Post
                    I don’t care however a fighter wins, as long as it is a clean fight with a fair decision.
                    He can win outboxing the guy, knocking him out, he can win in a close but clear decisions with a knockdown being a tie breaker, no problem.

As long as he actually wins.. and the scorecard doesn’t contradict the fight.

All that he has to stand and trade is bs. C’mon this is boxing, not pride wars.
                    Exactly what this^^^ guy said

Comment

I think Golovkin was tight. I actually think he was intimidated. It reminded me a little of Ward in the first Kovalev fight. But then in the second fight Ward was past it.

I do think that Golovkin is past that and will come in with a better posture, but the strategy will matter. Hopefully they don't underestimate Canelo again and realize that they need to get on him early with short volume punches and combinations and try to wear him down. And hopefully they come in with a plan to make adjustments.

I think Golovkin is very talented, in a raw sort of way and while I don't care for Abel I think he's an okay trainer but not maybe able to take him to the next level.

Still I think if Golovkin is less tentative and applies more controlled pressure he wins handily.

That said what I think will be the really interesting thing about the rematch is what adjustments does Canelo make. He's going to have to show us another level and really this is what makes for great boxing.

Comment

Working...
                      X