Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mikkel Kessler 2018 comeback... How successful can he be?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mikkel Kessler 2018 comeback... How successful can he be?

This year Mikkel Kessler wanted to make a comeback
    https://www.google.com/amp/www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/boxing/article-4368442/amp/Mikkel-Kessler-announces-return-ring-38.html

But apparently has been delayed:

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/id/21039513/mikkel-kessler-comeback-delayed-tick-bite

He still wants to come back next year. Think he can have any success? He’ll be 39, but I feel like 168 isn’t nearly the division now that it was when Kessler was fighting in the Super Six. Who would his biggest challenges be? I just had a look at his instagram and he appears to be in GREAT shape!! If he does come back next year I’d honestly be excited. If he can perform like he did when he was active I think he can be very competitive

Thoughts?

Been in far too many wars. I don't expect him to do that well. Will come unstuck once he meets someone decent.

Comment

He was over the hill against Froch II. Making a comeback 4+ years later is ill advised and ends in disaster.

Anyway I know he insists he will be back, but I also know he still hasn’t recovered from lymes disease.

Comment

Fuhgettaboutit!

Comment

i never rated him that highly to begin with so the answer is no.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
            He was over the hill against Froch II. Making a comeback 4+ years later is ill advised and ends in disaster.

Anyway I know he insists he will be back, but I also know he still hasn’t recovered from lymes disease.
            Exactly. The last few years he was still active were strewn with injuries. I think he will find that getting in fighting shape again will be too difficult. Those old injuries will be back. I don't think he will stick to his plan.

Comment

Kessler will get stopped by everyone at 168 and 175, picture him with the likes of Eubank, DeGale, Ramirez, Kovalev, Beterbeiv, Bivol or Stevenson

Comment

He wasn't the best when he retired and he won't be the best now. Benavitez and Eubank would beat him.

Comment

I hope he doesn't do

He's way too washed up

It'd be sad to see that beautiful face of his getting smashed in by some bum

Comment

Originally posted by k1llu View Post
                    i never rated him that highly to begin with so the answer is no.
                    Andre ward said mikkel kessler was the best technical fighter he fought--and ward shared the ring with him
                    HAd to use headbutts against him

Comment

Working...
                    X