Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would prime Cotto do against today's welterweights?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also disagree with those who are claiming Cotto peaked at 140. No, Cotto peaked the night he fought Shane Mosley (even though Shane was shot) and in the leadup to the first Margarito fight. That version of Cotto was the best we would ever see.

Comment

Originally posted by KingTito View Post
      Let's say the Cotto that beat Mosley or the Cotto that walked into the ring against Margarito in their first fight.

How does he do against Thurman, Spence, Porter, Garcia and Crawford? What are your thoughts?

We can all agree they'd be great fights.
      Cotto beats Porter, Danny, and Keith.

Cotto might actually beat Keith by KO/TKO (Keith has been hurt to the body - by left hooks - from journeymen). Cotto wins smooth decision against Swift who has never been hurt to my knowledge and Cotto decisions a game Porter (MMMAShawn P).

Cant make a decision yet about Spence.

TC outboxes and possibly stops Cotto late, but Cotto could fight well in survival mode

Comment

Originally posted by lopetego View Post
        Cotto was NEVER the same after Margo

any version of Cotto post Margo is a lesser, washed up version

pre-Margo Cotto was a helluva fighter

he destroys Garcia, Porter and Thurman. KO's those chumps with ease

beats Spence with some difficulty

Crawford's too tricky and versatile, 50/50 fight
        Youre really overrating Cotto
        as well as these other idiots

PreMargacheato Cotto is the same Cotto who got a gift decision from a washed up Shane Mosley, where Cotto ran the last 6 rounds eating power shots. What exactly do you think Spence would so to an undersized Cotto, beat the **** out of him that's what.

Crawford is just too good and rangy for Cotto

Thurman would probably KO Cotto

Garcia would lose, I'll give you that

Porter would maul Cotto the last 5-6 rounds but Cotto would win enough rounds with his clean jab and flashier punches to win a decision

Let's stop overrating these fighters

Who the hell did Cotto beat to validate him dog walking all these great welterweights? Muassa? Paulie? Zab? Who almost knocked him out but Cotto resorting to sack punching? Get real

Comment

Even the version of Cotto that lost to Pacquiao at 147 was clearly far superior to the Cotto that dominated Quintana. Watch the Urkal fight FCS.. That was not peak Cotto down there at 140. Not even close.

Comment

Originally posted by KingTito View Post
            Let's say the Cotto that beat Mosley or the Cotto that walked into the ring against Margarito in their first fight.

How does he do against Thurman, Spence, Porter, Garcia and Crawford? What are your thoughts?

We can all agree they'd be great fights.
            Call me crazy but I think cotto walks through them all

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
              Call me crazy but I think cotto walks through them all
              Yes you're definitely crazy.
              The same Cotto who couldn't walk through a 50 year old Mosley and escaped with a gift decision. Yea, he would walk through Spence. Clown

Comment

No way of knowing yet, only one that has been truly truly tested was Thurman against Porter. He handled Porter pretty well, Crawford and Spence have yet to face anyone like that. Granted I'd pick Spence and Crawford to walk through Porter but I need to see it.

Thurman has that overhand right he could give Cotto problems with but I'd still need to see more from him and the current crop of welterweights.
                Last edited by Doctor_Tenma; 06-18-2018, 01:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by King Jaffe Joffer View Post
                  The same Cotto who couldn't walk through a 50 year old Mosley and escaped with a gift decision. Yea, he would walk through Spence. Clown
                  PTI ...........

36 and still very dangerous. none of these guys would have walked through that ssm.

and why is name calling involved when theres a disagreement ?!?!?!

cotto has fought proven guys (even beat some)

these ww today have not.

Comment

Cotto at 147 was nothing special he arguably lost to both Mosley and Clottey, I think he beats Porter in a close decision Garcia is a 50/50

Definitely losses to Thurman and Spence

Comment

Originally posted by King Jaffe Joffer View Post
                      Mosely was in his prime when he fought cotto. Please know what you are taking about before posting

Comment

Working...
                      X