Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Luis Ortiz even any better than Andy Ruiz Jr, Dominic Brezeale, Kubrat Pulev or

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Luis Ortiz even any better than Andy Ruiz Jr, Dominic Brezeale, Kubrat Pulev or

Is Luis Ortiz even any better than Andy Ruiz Jr, Dominic Brezeale, Kubrat Pulev or Jarrell Miller?

What has he done to suggest he is / has been better than any of those boxers?

Is he just getting overrated?

He did beat a few decently ranked guys a few years ago. But all this talk about him definitely being better than Parker etc is nonsense.

Comment

Ortiz knocked out Bryant Jennings . That win is as good as any of those guys.

Comment

He’s definitely better than those guys and a few more seconds in the 7th and we would be talking about Is wilder even better than those guys you mention.

Problem for King Kong is time is running out in his career he needs to get right back in and try and go for the loser of Joshua b Parker then the winnner of wilder v Joshua

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
          He did beat a few decently ranked guys a few years ago. But all this talk about him definitely being better than Parker etc is nonsense.
          That's true! Luis Ortiz's best 2 wins were against Bryant Jennings (coming off a loss to Wladimir Klitschko) and Tony Thompson coming off a loss too.

Jarrell Miller's wins over Mariusz Wach and Gerald Washington are just as good.

Kubrat Pulev's wins over Ustinov, Dimitrenko, Thompson and Chisora are also just as good.

Nothing to suggest that Luis Ortiz is better than any of those guys I mentioned.

Comment

he is much smarter in the ring, much more skilled in just about every single way, more powerful..

in short, yes. none of those guys are even on the same level as luis Ortiz. Ortiz might still be the best HW in the world, he got caught against the biggest puncher on earth. **** happens.. but he was winning the fight and might very well beat wilder in a rematch, Joshua and parker too for that matter.

in fact i would say he almost certainly destroys parker and Joshua would be 50/50 like this one was going in (from my perspective). fury is the only guy i would give a clear edge over him, not because he is necessarily better than the rest mentioned as much as his style.

Ruiz jr, pulev, brezeale (lol) and whoever else OP mentioned all get knocked silly by Ortiz, quickly and damn near effortlessly.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
              he is much smarter in the ring, much more skilled in just about every single way, more powerful..

in short, yes. none of those guys are even on the same level as luis Ortiz. Ortiz might still be the best HW in the world, he got caught against the biggest puncher on earth. **** happens.. but he was winning the fight and might very well beat wilder in a rematch, Joshua and parker too for that matter.

in fact i would say he almost certainly destroys parker and Joshua would be 50/50 like this one was going in (from my perspective). fury is the only guy i would give a clear edge over him, not because he is necessarily better than the rest mentioned as much as his style.

Ruiz jr, pulev, brezeale (lol) and whoever else OP mentioned all get knocked silly by Ortiz, quickly and damn near effortlessly.
              But the question is, what has Luis Ortiz done in his career to suggest he is any better than the boxers I've mentioned?

The best opponents Luis Ortiz beat, really aren't any better than the best opponents some of those aforementioned boxers I've mentioned beat.

And Alexander Povetkin has far greater amateur + pro accomplishments. What has Luis Ortiz done to suggest he is better than Povetkin?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Objecitivity View Post
                What has Luis Ortiz done to suggest he is better than Povetkin?
                One factor is that he's fought on US networks against US fighters so US audiences are far more familiar with him.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Objecitivity View Post
                  But the question is, what has Luis Ortiz done in his career to suggest he is any better than the boxers I've mentioned?

The best opponents Luis Ortiz beat, really aren't any better than the best opponents some of those aforementioned boxers I've mentioned beat.

And Alexander Povetkin has far greater amateur + pro accomplishments. What has Luis Ortiz done to suggest he is better than Povetkin?
                  i didnt say he was better than povetkin, he might be or he might not be. but they are similar level and ability.

come on, kid. this is boxing..

you know just like all of us do Ortiz has been ducked like the plague and its not for no reason. it because he is good, damn good.

that said i dont Think any of the fighters you mentioned (besides povetkin) has beat anyone as good as Jennings, let alone beat them in as impressive fashion as Ortiz did.

that win, the quality of opposition and his performance in the fight is more impressive than anything i have seen from those guys.

and lets not forget.. yes, a fighter needs to prove himself against top notch opposition. but when there is a huge gap in ability between fighters you can see that no matter who they face. thats the case here. you could tell errol spence for instance was special long before he proved it. and you could tell phil lo greco wasnt long Before it was made official. they didnt need to fight eachother for me to know who was better.

all that said, ortiz also proved himself last night in defeat. it was a tremendous performance even if he came up short. one none of those guys would be able to replicate.. i mean seriously.. you really see brezeale, pulev and Ruiz jr go 10 competitive rounds with wilder? or ko Jennings? sit down, son.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
                    i didnt say he was better than povetkin, he might be or he might not be. but they are similar level and ability.

come on, kid. this is boxing..

you know just like all of us do Ortiz has been ducked like the plague and its not for no reason. it because he is good, damn good.

that said i dont Think any of the fighters you mentioned (besides povetkin) has beat anyone as good as Jennings, let alone beat them in as impressive fashion as Ortiz did.

that win, the quality of opposition and his performance in the fight is more impressive than anything i have seen from those guys.

and lets not forget.. yes, a fighter needs to prove himself against top notch opposition. but when there is a huge gap in ability between fighters you can see that no matter who they face. thats the case here. you could tell errol spence for instance was special long before he proved it. and you could tell phil lo greco wasnt long Before it was made official. they didnt need to fight eachother for me to know who was better.

all that said, ortiz also proved himself last night in defeat. it was a tremendous performance even if he came up short. one none of those guys would be able to replicate.. i mean seriously.. you really see brezeale, pulev and Ruiz jr go 10 competitive rounds with wilder? or ko Jennings? sit down, son.
                    Skills are subjective and I see skills differently to others. Winning and results are the most important factors to evaluate a boxer's quality.

Jarrell Miller's wins over Gerald Washington and Mariusz Wach are wins that are as good as any win Luis Ortiz has.

And Kubrat Pulev has wins over Ustinov, Dimitrenko and Dereck Chisora.

You're only as good as what your prove in the ring with your results.

Luis Ortiz isn't better than Jarrell Miller or Kubrat Pulev as far as I'm concerned and is only slightly better than Andy Ruiz Jr.

Comment

Working...
                    X