No announcement yet.

Floyd couldn't handle Canelo's power

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd couldn't handle Canelo's power

Floyd couldn't handle Canelo's power if they ever fight. Right now I feel Saul is too green for the most elite like Manny and Floyd but I see Manny being able to do better simply because he has an ATG chin while Floyd has a decent chin but retreats into his shell when hurt. Canelo might be the strongest 154 lbs'er in the world right now. Floyd right now probably wins a decision because he's a very good tactical fighter and would build enough points to decision this kid but like i said Canelo is not ready. Maybe in a year or 2 they will fight. Floyd has taken so many breaks he's a young 35 in ring years so I don't see wear and tear being a problem. It would be a good fight and might even cement Floyd's legacy since he won't fight Manny. Every legend has faced serious adversity and proved where they belong maybe Floyd can do that. Who knows?

Yeah because when Mosley hurt Floyd, he went into full retreat mode.

Also ginger's power is so immense that all the jr welterweights he's faced has crumbled under the assault.
    Last edited by Bushbaby; 09-23-2012, 12:43 PM.

Comment

I'll save my opinion until Canelo fights someone even close to his own size that isn't shot to bits.

Comment

Oi, 'e couldn't stop Matthew 'Atton 'e couldn't.

Comment

lol, floyd hasnt ever fought someone with more power than canelo. rite, gotcha.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
            Yeah because when Mosley hurt Floyd, he went into full retreat mode.

Aslo ginger's power is so immense that all the jr welterweights he's faced has crumbled under the assault.
            They all go into survival mode once he starts hurting them. If you've ever boxed (I did at amateur level I was nothing special tbh) you'd know it's hard enough to stop a guy and that task becomes 100 times more difficult when your opponent chooses to survive. Believe me you get tired running after them. Canelo recently has fought guys that wanted to hear the final bell.

Comment

nope sure couldn't. But he would run and try to pot shot his way to a victory and give the fans what he always gives them....A snooze fest lack luster performance!

Comment

Originally posted by lparm View Post
                They all go into survival mode once he starts hurting them. If you've ever boxed (I did at amateur level I was nothing special tbh) you'd know it's hard enough to stop a guy and that task becomes 100 times more difficult when your opponent chooses to survive. Believe me you get tired running after them. Canelo recently has fought guys that wanted to hear the final bell.
                Yes, all those jr middleweights that Canelo hurts go into survival mode, every last 1, you're right.

Comment

Remember, for Floyd health comes first each time he fights opponents that has chances of kicking his ass.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuyukut View Post
                    Remember, for Floyd health comes first each time he fights opponents that has chances of kicking his ass.
                    His best chance is to lure Canelo now when he's still raw. If Floyd waits a year to pick him he will be in for some punishment as the kid keeps improving.

Comment

Working...
                    X