No announcement yet.

Canelo vs GGG III shouldn't happen

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boxing_1013 View Post
    OK man and what happened in one of those next Pac-JMM fights...fireworks! I think that could happen for Canelo-GGG so until one can flat out dominate the other...I say let them do it until one falls.

I understand the point about credit...but some people will never give credit for anything anyway...no matter who a guy beats, if someone doesn't like him, they will find a way to not give credit.
    I agree and have long stated the two are essentially 12-12 after 24 rounds.

I'm looking forward to - hopefully - a clear win either way

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
      Dude is this boxing or a popularity contest? Since when do we care about gossip and who doesn’t like who? They should fight because it makes sense and it’s a challenging fight for both men..if you could justify spending nearly 33 minutes watching a shot to shhhh Kovalev fight Canelo or the rocky getting that fight you don’t have a leg to stand on in stating it shouldn’t happen. They had two close fights, real boxing is about you facing the biggest challenge out there and beating them outright. They faced each other and neither has a convincing enough result..this whole poor Canelo people don’t like him bullshhh is almost like he’s missing his nuts or the fans are missing theirs..I’ve heard every excuse now about why this shouldn’t happen. If he kod Golovkin so be it, if it happens the other way around so be it...we ain’t here to give a fk about who likes whom, we want fights worth our time..not circus bullshhh
      Rocky and Kov had value because Canelo was moving up in weight. A champion in multiple weight classes adds to his legacy and will be talked about when people look back on his career.
      A third GGG fight won’t be. His draw and win have already made that opponent viable.
      Only one’s asking for a third fight are Canelo’s detractors and his 5 groupies here that will never accept their man lost.
      No one has a better resume than Canelo than Pac and he’s 13 years older.
      If a third fight never happens Canelo’s legacy and resume isn’t damaged. GGG is the one begging as he knows that loss will always define his career.

Comment

I agree with OP. I don't want to see GGG get robbed again by the corrupt powers that be.

Comment

Originally posted by QballLobo View Post
          Rocky and Kov had value because Canelo was moving up in weight. A champion in multiple weight classes adds to his legacy and will be talked about when people look back on his career.
          A third GGG fight won’t be. His draw and win have already made that opponent viable.
          Only one’s asking for a third fight are Canelo’s detractors and his 5 groupies here that will never accept their man lost.
          No one has a better resume than Canelo than Pac and he’s 13 years older.
          If a third fight never happens Canelo’s legacy and resume isn’t damaged. GGG is the one begging as he knows that loss will always define his career.
          Rocky and Kov= weakest champions in their division, beyond stating the obvious belt grab there was ZERO other value than an easier path to a belt in those divisions.

Canelo has 50 plus fights on his resume. Besides Lara, Mayweather, Golovkin and maybe Trout what are the fantastic wins against elites not washed up like Mosley and Cotto. Kirkland, Khan, Josesito Lopez, Liam Smith? Hell I’ll even let you have trout as elite just to make it seem less fkd up.

Now I’m not saying he’s a bum, he’s a great and maybe even an excellent fighter but y’all measure resumes like it’s measuring your di c k itself, simply having names on a resume isn’t enough because when you get to the meat of those names it’s hard to call them more than a name if they aren’t prime aged fighters..if that’s not the case then we might as well find a young guy, unretire every legendary fighter have our guy beat the shhh out of them and say “look at the names on his resume!!”

What’s with the begging bullshhh at least man up and say you don’t like Golovkin it would’ve saved us both a ton of time. He’s a champion that got wronged in the first fight, lost his belts in the second fight and wants to win them back..home in the fk land of bizatch new age boxing fans is that begging? Isn’t a champion supposed to want his straps back? I guess you ain’t watching Ruiz vs Joshua then. Both their legacies are flawless homie, out that on god and bet your life on it. Golovkin will be in the hall of fame right up there with Santos Barragan (canelos actual name btw). Only difference is only one of them won’t have a discussion about whether they were clean or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing_1013 View Post
            I don't understand why all the people who love Canelo/hate GGG don't want to see it...Canelo should win and you may even get to see GGG get KOed...I would think you fellas would want to see that
            Because no one wants to sit here and argue afterward about how old GGG was or how bad he looked in a fight he should’ve lost vs Derevyanchenko etc.

People rather talk about Canelo vs Bivol or Callum Smith, etc. You know, younger fighters in their prime with no excuses attached to the potential win.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnCastellanos View Post
              No it seems or at least at some point “it was” part of GGGs contract that he was gonna make 100 million for those 6 fights if “one” was for Canelo. The problem for DAZn was that they signed Canelo before Golovkin and in Canelos contract there was no mention of having to fight Golovkin, and this is “the whole” reason Canelo said “screw that!” Your not gonna offer some other fighter a contract like that without giving me my share of that money. This is all facts, Golovkin isn’t a legacy type fighter he’s always looked for the easy way out and if he was he’d be looking to avoid this fight because he’s getting slaughtered. The only reason he was pressing hard is because he wants to get it over with so he can get his 100 million no problems without having to fight more more Dereyvanchenko type fights and he only did that fight because he thinks Canelo wants that belt back but Canelo might be too heavy for 160
              Yeah I think GGG is making that $100 million regardless...I think he gets like half of his pay in stock or something though...so yeah not exactly sure of the pay structure for him...but it seems he is getting that $16 million per fight regardless at this point.

I would say also that the GGG fights are pretty clearly the biggest part of Canelo's legacy at this point as well.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                Because no one wants to sit here and argue afterward about how old GGG was or how bad he looked in a fight he should’ve lost vs Derevyanchenko etc.

People rather talk about Canelo vs Bivol or Callum Smith, etc. You know, younger fighters in their prime with no excuses attached to the potential win.
                I mean there will always be excuses/little credit given for some wins man...if he beats Bivol but many have Bivol winning for example, then there would be controversy/little credit...people will hate regardless...and sometimes the 'hate' or criticism is warranted.

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
                  Rocky and Kov= weakest champions in their division, beyond stating the obvious belt grab there was ZERO other value than an easier path to a belt in those divisions.

Canelo has 50 plus fights on his resume. Besides Lara, Mayweather, Golovkin and maybe Trout what are the fantastic wins against elites not washed up like Mosley and Cotto. Kirkland, Khan, Josesito Lopez, Liam Smith? Hell I’ll even let you have trout as elite just to make it seem less fkd up.

Now I’m not saying he’s a bum, he’s a great and maybe even an excellent fighter but y’all measure resumes like it’s measuring your di c k itself, simply having names on a resume isn’t enough because when you get to the meat of those names it’s hard to call them more than a name if they aren’t prime aged fighters..if that’s not the case then we might as well find a young guy, unretire every legendary fighter have our guy beat the shhh out of them and say “look at the names on his resume!!”

What’s with the begging bullshhh at least man up and say you don’t like Golovkin it would’ve saved us both a ton of time. He’s a champion that got wronged in the first fight, lost his belts in the second fight and wants to win them back..home in the fk land of bizatch new age boxing fans is that begging? Isn’t a champion supposed to want his straps back? I guess you ain’t watching Ruiz vs Joshua then. Both their legacies are flawless homie, out that on god and bet your life on it. Golovkin will be in the hall of fame right up there with Santos Barragan (canelos actual name btw). Only difference is only one of them won’t have a discussion about whether they were clean or not.
                  I don’t know what to tell you other than pay more attention to the sport.
                  When your the Cash Cow you have options.
                  Did Floyd give every champion he beat a rematch? Pacquiao? Oscar De La Hoya? Nope. When guys have options they can pick and choose their opponents.
                  GGG had his shot. They said Canelo would last 5 rounds with him. He gave him two fights and stood toe to toe the second one and showed what happens when the bully gets bullied.
                  What has GGG shown that would make a third fight any different? He should have lost to Chenko.
                  Again a third fight doesn’t do anything for Canelo. The people that like him will just say it was another W and those that don’t will cry robbery or say GGG was washed up. Like you said originally Canelo’s money is guaranteed so the GGG is the biggest money fight isn’t there anymore. Sometimes in life you just have to accept an L.

Comment

Originally posted by UNBANNED View Post
                    I agree and have long stated the two are essentially 12-12 after 24 rounds.

I'm looking forward to - hopefully - a clear win either way
                    Fair enough...if Canelo wins the 3rd fight clean I will give him his props...I think he is really improving every fight almost which is impressive alone...GGG's age is what it is, but I don't think a clean Canelo win in the 3rd fight should be slighted...GGG is only 37-39 etc not 50...Canelo should probably win at this stage in their careers, but a clear win over GGG would still be impressive for anyone at this point imo.

Comment

Originally posted by R-Hand Southpaw View Post
                      That opinion is spot on.

Personally I dont want to see the fight because he will never win against Canelo and I would never bet on a punchers chance.

Plus GGG is almost damn 40. By the time they could fight again it will be September 2020 and GGG will be a few months removed from his 39th birthday.

Add on top the fight will be in Vegas and Canelo is gonna come in the much bigger man and the much younger man I dont see it.

Canelo fan girls be like, no to GGG who was never a 5 to 1 underdog like Kovalev but refuse to name anyone legit they want him to face.

Currently there is no one who meets the Canelo requirements at 160-175.

All the champs are still in their prime and still "young". Best bet to watch for some Canelo weight fights before these other champs have aged 2-3 years and then make those fights.
                      Thanks man, good post as well.

Comment

Working...
                      X