No announcement yet.

Stephen Hawking - This Is the Most Dangerous Time for Our Planet

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
    He has actually made significant contributions to our understanding of black holes in particular. His celebrity is due to his disability and his relatively accessible book (A brief history of time), but he is legit.

Have you heard of Hawking Radiation in relation to black holes?
    nah forget it

if it's not on cable or smartfone, it's not worth learning

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
      He might not have been a popular figure to the general public perhaps, but he still had a prolific academic career and would no doubt still have been recognized in the Physics community.
      Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
      He has actually made significant contributions to our understanding of black holes in particular. His celebrity is due to his disability and his relatively accessible book (A brief history of time), but he is legit.

Have you heard of Hawking Radiation in relation to black holes?
      Not saying he's not smart but there are probably a thousand theoretical physicists like him that has accomplished similar to his theories but nowhere near as famous as he is.

Comment

Stephen, let me be the first to say, YDKSAS (You Don't Know **** About Science)!! Instead of trying to spook us all with your big ideas, why don't you assist those cool scientists who are building the sexy AI robots for sexy time. Allow us to enjoy our perverse lifestyles in the privacy of our own homes, you condescending bastard.

Comment

This guy has all these views on what other people should do but you never see him lift a finger to help.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
            This guy has all these views on what other people should do but you never see him lift a finger to help.
            Normally, I'd say that was a mean thing to say about a dude more handicapped than I am on the golf course. But in this case, right on!!

Comment

good one

Comment

I've seen him chunk the deuce so you're wrong there.

Comment

Originally posted by SunSpace View Post
                  "Perhaps in a few hundred years, we will have established human colonies amid the stars, but right now we only have one planet, and we need to work together to protect it.

To do that, we need to break down, not build up, barriers within and between nations. If we are to stand a chance of doing that, the world’s leaders need to acknowledge that they have failed and are failing the many. With resources increasingly concentrated in the hands of a few, we are going to have to learn to share far more than at present."

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...net-inequality

Tell the elite to share the wealth!

Lol says the man from the comfort of his mansion and servants... And the security of his multi-millions in the bank.

If we want to start "sharing resources" I know where he can start...

I wonder how much he charges to give a speech? 100K? 250K?

Hawking is a brilliant man - but he should stick to science.

Comment

I can't help but think about STAX's post about stealing his grandmas wheelchair to be Stephen Hawking for Halloween whenever his name comes up. Legendary post.
                    HanzGruber can be pretty witty at times.

Comment

I have inside info that Stephen Hawking basically snapped mentally decades ago and all of his research was taken over by his staff, he just signs his name on things and releases doomsday prophecies to facebook. Source: My astronomy professor who used to work with him.

Comment

Working...
                      X