Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you say this is a strong welterweight division a weak one compared to past eras

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you say this is a strong welterweight division a weak one compared to past eras

I often hear people saying that this is one of the weakest. I'm just wondering what you guys think.

Edit: *would you say this is a strong welterweight division or a weak one in comparison to past eras?
    Last edited by Pugilist95; 12-30-2014, 06:21 PM.

Their is no welterweight division. Welterweight is full of catch weight fighters now. U can't compare Tito, Oscar, and Quartey to these guys.

Comment

I would say the division has to be active for it to be strong. Like featherweight is. A strong division usually has a combination of champs with good resumes and skills alongside promising prospects. I think there is a good talent pool in today's welter division it's just that we don't see a lot of fights since they only fight twice a year. Pac and bradley only fought twice this year as did floyd. Most of the criticism is due to inactivity.

Comment

Even welterweight Macho Camacho would beat these wanna b welterweights.

Comment

They're not fighting each other. What other Welterweight fights were there this year besides

Porter-Brook
          Khan-Alexander
          Bradley-Chaves
          Thurman-Bundu
          Khan-Collazo

Not guys who come up from Lightweight and below. Fights between top 10-15 Welterweights vs each other.

Comment

A weak one..

Anytime the division is weak of true welters, it gets invaded by the smaller weight classes..

Look around, floyd, manny, marquez, Bradley, etc. Not a lot of true welters, though the division is getting some in thurman, Porter, Brook,

It's not historically horrible, but a weak era, similar to the early mid 90s when pernell bumped up and became the kingpin..

Comment

This ww division is horrible compared to the past,hardly even any real ww's

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
                They're not fighting each other. What other Welterweight fights were there this year besides

Porter-Brook
                Khan-Alexander
                Bradley-Chaves
                Thurman-Bundu
                Khan-Collazo

Not guys who come up from Lightweight and below. Fights between top 10-15 Welterweights vs each other.
                You missed Floyd-Maidana....Floyd is fighting all the top ww's and gets no credit for it for some reason

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
                  You missed Floyd-Maidana....Floyd is fighting all the top ww's and gets no credit for it for some reason
                  Yeah that is true I left it out, but Floyd started his career at 130. I tried to name just the 140/147 career fighters fighting each other.

Don't worry, I left out Pacquiao-Bradley too.

Comment

Its a poor division, Floyd and Pac are really more money making attractions now than competitors in any particular division.

You have Maidana, Thurman, Khan, Bradey, Provo***ov, Ali.

Now much of a weightclass.

Comment

Working...
                    X