Collapse
No announcement yet.

I see BoxRec and ESPN have dropped Andre Ward out of their rankings

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good, his inactivity hurts him, he should have to earn a spot on the top 10 again. He won't be fighting for another year, he is getting ready to film a movie.

He should just retire.

Comment

that's appropriate after a year of inactivity without a fight scheduled. standard procedure. he's off of my p4p list as well.

boxing has crucified him. he'll take a knee, ascend into heaven, and be seated at the right hand of the father.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom2014 View Post
        I wonder if The Ring and Transnational will will do the same this week?
        He will be dropped P4P at TBRB this week. Champion at 168 still. No 1 yr rule on that.

When I update the site top ten here this week, he will exit, Wlad will return, Kovalev will enter.

Comment

Time for Ring Magazine to move him to the 5 -10 spot

Comment

Originally posted by wiz1030 View Post
            I think you're spot on there, and I believe Roc Nation is where he'll land. It makes sense for both parties.
            Not so sure about it. He's style and tv ratings does not suggest that Roc Nation would return their investments easily.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
              that's appropriate after a year of inactivity without a fight scheduled. standard procedure. he's off of my p4p list as well.

boxing has crucified him. he'll take a knee, ascend into heaven, and be seated at the right hand of the father.
              I heard Humpty Dumpty fell off the wall too. Oh and rumor has it that Peter Parker is the mysterious crime fighting hero, Spiderman.

Comment

Its only fair to all the other boxers putting in work

Hes been off mine for years now

Comment

Originally posted by TudorMiron View Post
                  Not so sure about it. He's style and tv ratings does not suggest that Roc Nation would return their investments easily.
                  Weren't they looking to sign Rigo? They probably don't mind taking some losses at this point

Comment

He should have been off - he's living off of a win that is three years old.

It's not his fault that Dawson called him out for a fight at 168, but Dawson proved to be hella suspect when he fights a dude in his age bracket. He's great against the 40+ crowd, terrible against dudes in their primes. Can't fault Ward for ending that fraud, but it isn't noteworthy.

Froch legitimately keeping Ward in the limelight.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post

Dan Goosen?

Comment

Working...
                      X