Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think Cotto lost millions of fans tonight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I doubt it. I will still support him and people will still pay to see him fight but he has to comeback from this and take an easier fight.

Comment

Nah.

Fought hard in a good, competitive fight against a bigger man and came up a little short. The post fight stuff is always dissappointing, but I have no issue with people who take losses hard. I'd rather that than a Victor Ortiz case of being happy and smiling after losing.

Comment

Originally posted by WARQUEZ View Post
        Naaaaah. This is what happens after every loss.

They'll be back. I hope Cotto doesn't retire. He needs to take one last brutal beating by Canelo, or else you'll see millions of threads of his fans calling him greatest of all time and a 1st ballot Hall of famer.
        yeah overraction by fans. loss is magnified so much due to bubble like matchmaking by promoters

Comment

Cotto won. It was close though. Trout hugged too much in the first rounds and only won the last three rounds. Maybe that is what stayed in the judges' minds. Sort of like De la Hoya-trinidad.

Comment

Cotto should have done the interview after the fight last night. Even if he didn't like the score cards his fans paid good money to see him fight. Everybody wanted to know what he thought about the fight but Cotto is a Libra and thats the way it goes.

Comment

Originally posted by budfr View Post
              Cotto won. It was close though. Trout hugged too much in the first rounds and only won the last three rounds. Maybe that is what stayed in the judges' minds. Sort of like De la Hoya-trinidad.
              No, Cotto didn't win, he lost a close but clear fight. I agree with 155-113, but those other 2 scorecards pis sed me off. I'm tired of these judges who score fights much wider than they actually are.

I'm a bit dismayed by his overall performance and attitude after his 1st loss. The way he ran from Pac was embarring as hell to be a Cotto fan. But if he didn't run, he was going to get seriously hurt or Ko'd hard.

He might have ended up like Margo, with permenent damage, so does he get a pass on that? Hard to say. I'm done being a fan of any one fighter. I just want to be a boxing fan in general now.

That way, i don't get thrown in the name calling game on here.

Trout corrected some flaws i saw in the Rodrigous fight. Using his jab more consistantly, it's his best weapon, Cotto gets discouraged too easily when he sees his power isn't intimidating his opponent.

I don't know what he should do now. I kinda feel lost, tbo...i been a Cotto fan since his pro debute, but i just don't "feel" it anymore. He'll always be a special boxer, in my own hall of fame, but i just want to be a boxing fan in general.

Comment

I'm actually glad he didn't do interview. It was nothing personal, Cotto being the competitor he is was just disappointed. I don't think Cotto isn't done (hopefully Cotto doesn't retire) but I think Cotto needs to fight another big name opponent whether be Pacquiao or Mayweather.

He needs to fight someone that can get him motivated.

Comment

Originally posted by jazluvr View Post
                  No, Cotto didn't win, he lost a close but clear fight. I agree with 155-113, but those other 2 scorecards pis sed me off. I'm tired of these judges who score fights much wider than they actually are.

I'm a bit dismayed by his overall performance and attitude after his 1st loss. The way he ran from Pac was embarring as hell to be a Cotto fan. But if he didn't run, he was going to get seriously hurt or Ko'd hard.

He might have ended up like Margo, with permenent damage, so does he get a pass on that? Hard to say. I'm done being a fan of any one fighter. I just want to be a boxing fan in general now.

Trout corrected some flaws i saw in the Rodrigous fight. Using his jab more consistantly, it's his best weapon, Cotto gets discouraged too easily when he sees his power isn't intimidating his opponent.

I don't know what he should do now. I kinda feel lost, tbo...i been a Cotto fan since his pro debute, but i just don't "feel" it anymore. He'll always be a special boxer, in my own hall of fame, but i just want to be a boxing fan in general.
                  I think he can beat Pacquiao in a rematch. When he fought Pacquiao, he didn't have a component trainer, and he looked off both offensively and defensively, and he was still beating Pacquiao in many rounds.

Comment

Damn, did we really lose jaz as a Cotto fan?

Comment

Damn, I might feel the same way. Don't get me wrong, I always look forward to a Cotto fight but it isn't like before though.

Part of it is him being done as far as being a pound for pound fighter and the other is the fact that I haven't watched a fight live on tv since joining the military in February. I miss my Showtime and HBO

Comment

Working...
                      X