Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fedor Emelianenko vs. Dan Henderson fight: early stoppage or not?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fedor Emelianenko vs. Dan Henderson fight: early stoppage or not?

Do you think that was a quick stoppage?

I thought it was the worst stoppage I've ever seen in MMA. Fedor turned around and was about to get out of that position, and he did not appear to be seriously hurt.
    Yes, the ref stopped it too soon
    47.92%
    No, it was a good stoppage
    39.58%
    I'm not sure
    12.50%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by The Hammer; 07-31-2011, 10:11 AM.

He definitely went limp but was recovering when the fight was stopped. Hendo probably would've continued the assault and got the finish, but I think Fedor should've been givin the benefit of the doubt like Brock/Carwin. I think Dana is gonna slip a little something extra in Herbs next paycheck...

Comment

It was a SAFE early stoppage.

Comment

Fedor passed out but recovered just when the ref already made the decision to stop the fight. The ref can't pull back in that instance.

But IMO, Hendo was on his way to a KO win anyway with the way he was throwing those punches and Fedor's lack of defense.

Comment

Stopped too soon. Just because Henderson blitzed Fedor for 5 seconds of continuous punches doesn't mean Fedor was out. All the punches were hitting the arms and elbows of Fedor for crying out loud. And it wasn't as if Fedor was knocked out cold. He was fighting back from the ground position. Although, it wasn't on any guard position just that Henderson had the most advantageous mount on Fedor.

Comment

Early from my point of view but its probably different for the guy whos standing 2 feet in front of the action. He probably heard his face smack dead on the canvas and paniced.

Comment

it looked like an early stoppage to me ... that punch from hendo hurt fedor but he seemed to be recovering when herb stepped in ... i think he could've let them keep going and stepped in if hendo continued to land, i just think he pulled the trigger too quick

Comment

I think it was early, but you can't get hit and look like you straight up died.

Comment

Originally posted by ƒallenloki View Post
                  I think it was early, but you can't get hit and look like you straight up died.
                  Diaz can. Twice. In the same fight In the same organization.

It was an early stoppage. Dean should never ref a big fight like this again. He lost his touch.
                  Last edited by BKM-2010; 07-31-2011, 12:02 PM.

Comment

i dont care what none of these idiots say on here, it was a good stoppage. when herb motha fuggin dean sees a fighter laying facedown and goes limp and doing nothing he has to stop the fight. if he stops it any later and gets badly BADLY hurt herb dean is on the hook for it and his job is on the line.

its his job to protect the fighter. Great Job Herb motha fuggin dean. Anyone that thinks otherwise is a complete douche bag and shouldnt watch fighting period or have an opinion

Comment

Working...
                    X