Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chhhoooo Chhhoooo. All aboard the camp Penn excuse train.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [LMAO!] Chhhoooo Chhhoooo. All aboard the camp Penn excuse train.

Excuse: Sinus infection.

http://www.aroundtheoctagon.com/?p=3652

http://www.5thround.com/31812/bj-pen...frankie-edgar/

http://www.mmatorch.com/artman2/publ...cle_4902.shtml

Why can't this guy just lose? It's always something. I think people need to realize that Penn is not as elite as people think. He's 6-4 in his last 10 fights. That's a 60% win ratio.

Just for comparison to the pound for pound kings:
    • Georges St Pierre is 9-1
    • Fedor Emelianenko is 10-0
    • Anderson Silva is 10-0
    • Lyoto Machida is 10-0

This train is never late

Comment

Yes BJ makes excuses, but 6-4 thing really isn't fair concidering he's only lost to 1 lightweight. While I don't agree with the decision I won't complain about it other than the fact one judge scored the bout 50-45, a score that Stevie Wonder could see is incorrect...

Comment

it was a very close fight. I scored the fight for Edgar but I think the fight could have gone either way.

Penn deserves an immediate rematch.

Comment

Penn can be a sore loser but at least he actually challenges himself by going up in weight and taking risks

Comment

Originally posted by El Cabron View Post
            Penn can be a sore loser but at least he actually challenges himself by going up in weight and taking risks

This........

But Penn is a big sore loser though.

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
              Yes BJ makes excuses, but 6-4 thing really isn't fair concidering he's only lost to 1 lightweight. While I don't agree with the decision I won't complain about it other than the fact one judge scored the bout 50-45, a score that Stevie Wonder could see is incorrect...
              yeah, i thought it was a tossup, no robbery either way, but 50-45? some judges in mma need to stop taking notes from boxing judges.

Comment

Originally posted by El Cabron View Post
                The risks he takes hardly ever bring reward.

The fact that Penn takes these risks is why he loses fights so much.

BJ is the victim of his own ballsy-ness. If he was more of a thinker and a strategist and took things more seriously from the get go, He may have beat GSP and Hughes in their rematch or at least they would have been more competitive affairs.

A smarter fighter would have pulled out against Edgar if he indeed did have a sinus infection, but BJ being ballsy and likely overconfident in his ability, lost him the fight, and dropped him from possibly #4 on P4P to #10 and he has nobody to blame but himself for that.

Comment

The thing that cracks me up about BJ is that whenever he talks **** he gets beat.
                  "I'll never quit, I'll fight to the death." - Quits between rounds after getting mauled by GSP
                  "Real champions finish fights." - Loses a decision....

Comment

How old is BJ? time catches up to everyone, he's just not the same fighter he once was and the fighters are always the last to know.

Comment

Working...
                    X