Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for the guys who have owned Winning gloves (not just those who are taking a guess). Is there really a significant degree of protection over the standard favorites (IMF tech, etc) when hitting the bag? I've owned and tried a few types and my favorite so far is the Title Black series bag gloves (dense padding that absorbs impact and still has a little pop). The only problem with the Black is that they are heavier than they are rated so my 12oz are actually close to 15oz and if I want a larger glove with more padding, I will be getting weighed down. My hands are always a bit achy from hitting the bag and I'm concerned about the long-term effects (10, 20 years from now). It's not a matter of form or the way I wrap, it's just that the impact of hitting the bag leaves a soreness in hand bones/joints (I'm very tall with super tiny joints). So, if the Winning are really going to save my hands in the long-term, I'll buy them. If it's a marginal thing, I'd rather not waste the money as I think they're ugly and my coach is going to think I'm insane for dropping $350 on gloves.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slightly Dazed View Post
      Question for the guys who have owned Winning gloves (not just those who are taking a guess). Is there really a significant degree of protection over the standard favorites (IMF tech, etc) when hitting the bag? I've owned and tried a few types and my favorite so far is the Title Black series bag gloves (dense padding that absorbs impact and still has a little pop). The only problem with the Black is that they are heavier than they are rated so my 12oz are actually close to 15oz and if I want a larger glove with more padding, I will be getting weighed down. My hands are always a bit achy from hitting the bag and I'm concerned about the long-term effects (10, 20 years from now). It's not a matter of form or the way I wrap, it's just that the impact of hitting the bag leaves a soreness in hand bones/joints (I'm very tall with super tiny joints). So, if the Winning are really going to save my hands in the long-term, I'll buy them. If it's a marginal thing, I'd rather not waste the money as I think they're ugly and my coach is going to think I'm insane for dropping $350 on gloves.
      I just bought a pair of white MS-600 yesterday. I'll try them out and let you know what I think man.

Comment

• Originally posted by El Angel View Post
        I just bought a pair of white MS-600 yesterday. I'll try them out and let you know what I think man.
        Thx man, it would be very much appreciated!

Comment

• I bought a new headgurd off this .Sportsdirect is good and cheap .I got one for only 15 quid http://www.sportsdirect.com/boxing

Comment

Thx man, it would be very much appreciated!
            Should be here Thursday. Reviews I've read say they have great wrist protection and are not the pillows that everyone says they are.

Comment

• i was cleaning around my house and came up on some 12 0z everlast "training" gloves. theyre not really that used up.Are they any good for hiting the heavy bag? thanx

Comment

• Yea, just use good form and don't go balls out. They're not the most protective gloves.

Comment

Yea, just use good form and don't go balls out. They're not the most protective gloves.
                  yeah i remember using them once just working the mits but i would get this discomfort feeling in my fingers like they were being pressed against each other.

Comment

• IMF Tech Training Gloves: Elastic Cuff

I was recently given a pair of 16 oz IMF tech training gloves. I was just wondering if any of you have had any experience using them, and what your thoughts were.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deltoro_10 View Post
                      yeah i remember using them once just working the mits but i would get this discomfort feeling in my fingers like they were being pressed against each other.
                      Do you wrap between your fingers? If not, it might help prevent any movement in your fingers. I never used to, but I tore a ligament in my knuckle about a month ago. I started wrapping between my fingers and it made a massive difference.

Comment

Working...
                      X