Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pulev Stands Firm on Getting Mandatory Crack at Anthony Joshua

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slimPickings View Post
    Sounds reasonable to me.

Fighting your mandatory is a fact of life in this business.
    Whether you think the mandatory is deserving or not is of no relevance.

Imagine having an exclusive club in boxing where the only fighters allowed are ones perceived to bring money to the table.

That is your prerogative. Just dont hold the belt hostage.

Others have to eat too.

This coming from a HUGE Joshua fan.
    Exactly right.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
      Why is it ridiculous? He beat the great Sam Peter and Kevin Johnson.
      Add Chisora in an eliminator...

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
        If the IBF were to strip AJ for honoring the rematch clause, then AJ should never fight for the IBF again!
        They did it to Fury so it would be a joke if they didn't strip Joshua & shows how corrupt they truly are. Now they are making the new regional belt in the Asian region to generate more sanctioning fees. I don't understand why there was a rematch clause. Klitschko brought nothing to the table the first fight other than his name. He had no titles & got a gift with the WBA belt being on the line.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
          Why did Anthony Joshua allow a rematch clause in the contract? He knew damn well that Pulev was supposed to be next in line.

If your answer is that Klitschko makes him more money...well, I understand. But Pulev is not a big draw so AJ could technically keep using the money excuse again and again and just keep Pulev waiting forever.

There has to be a rule in place where the #1 contender gets his title shot in a timely manner. And if the rule is broken then there has to be a penalty for that.

It is what it is.

if there is someone better standing in line, then definitely

it is simply not his job to validate the abysmal IBF rankings

the IBF need to get their shht together

#secondrate

Comment

Even if he gives up a belt to take the rematch, he'll have it back a fight or two later. AJ is the future. All of these guys can deny it, but my God, the way that kid cuts off a ring and imposes his will in seconds--he's a FREAK! Pulev wouldn't even be competitive. I'd rather see a Wlad rematch if Klitschko fights him the same way again, open like that.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
              Why did Anthony Joshua allow a rematch clause in the contract? He knew damn well that Pulev was supposed to be next in line.

If your answer is that Klitschko makes him more money...well, I understand. But Pulev is not a big draw so AJ could technically keep using the money excuse again and again and just keep Pulev waiting forever.

There has to be a rule in place where the #1 contender gets his title shot in a timely manner. And if the rule is broken then there has to be a penalty for that.

It is what it is.

Your absolutely right,joshua put the rematch clause so that he can fight klitscho for more money,& hes also a much more favorable matchup than some younger guys like the obvious ones:wilder,parker etc. Who have much more power than klitscho & youth. I honestly think jJoshua is only interested in big money fights with the big names for his next few fights,as he knows in hw division its oftentimes not worth fighting pulev types,he knows even if he loses vs big dogs hell make a ton of money & get a rematch. Hw division is so cutthroat you can get buster douglas-ed by anyone.
              Its not like klitscho was calling shots like that to be able to demand rematch clause,they both knew itd gaurantee 2 huge paydays,& they wont be criticized for ducking when their stripped after winning.
              Last edited by kushking; 06-04-2017, 11:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
                They did it to Fury so it would be a joke if they didn't strip Joshua & shows how corrupt they truly are. Now they are making the new regional belt in the Asian region to generate more sanctioning fees. I don't understand why there was a rematch clause. Klitschko brought nothing to the table the first fight other than his name. He had no titles & got a gift with the WBA belt being on the line.

Which is why that's exactly what will happen, BECAUSE exactly as you said itll once again validate them as the currupt bastards the sanctioning bodies are. Its EXACTLY the same as when they started calling the number 1 contender,"interim champion" or regular champ or whatever other bs they come up with. They started doing that to charge mere contenders same amount as champs,which already pay too much. And once they dont strip joshua fury should sue them for double standards. By creating all these paper belts it gives certain popular fighters a ton of options to take the easiest route to a title,thats why nowadays so many champs got their belts off of vacant belt nobodies.
                Last edited by kushking; 06-04-2017, 11:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kushking View Post
                  Your absolutely right,joshua put the rematch clause so that he can fight klitscho for more money,& hes also a much more favorable matchup than some younger guys like the obvious ones:wilder,parker etc. Who have much more power than klitscho & youth. I honestly think jJoshua is only interested in big money fights with the big names for his next few fights,as he knows in hw division its oftentimes not worth fighting pulev types,he knows even if he loses vs big dogs hell make a ton of money & get a rematch. Hw division is so cutthroat you can get buster douglas-ed by anyone.
                  Its not like klitscho was calling shots like that to be able to demand rematch clause,they both knew itd gaurantee 2 huge paydays,& they wont be criticized for ducking when their stripped after winning.
                  "hes also a much more favorable matchup than some younger guys like the obvious ones:wilder,parker etc. Who have much more power than klitscho & youth. "

Another howler i see ?

So the less skilled /less defensive Wilder whos not fought ONE fight to make him a better fighter and an overated puncher with poor defense are bigger threats than 6'6 240 Klitchko ? Boy you really are a grade A dope of a poster .

Comment

Originally posted by Travycat View Post
                    Even if he gives up a belt to take the rematch, he'll have it back a fight or two later. AJ is the future. All of these guys can deny it, but my God, the way that kid cuts off a ring and imposes his will in seconds--he's a FREAK! Pulev wouldn't even be competitive. I'd rather see a Wlad rematch if Klitschko fights him the same way again, open like that.
                    Yep and the most logical post so far .^^^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
                      "hes also a much more favorable matchup than some younger guys like the obvious ones:wilder,parker etc. Who have much more power than klitscho & youth. "

Another howler i see ?

So the less skilled /less defensive Wilder whos not fought ONE fight to make him a better fighter and an overated puncher with poor defense are bigger threats than 6'6 240 Klitchko ? Boy you really are a grade A dope of a poster .

Only a fanboi would claim that klitscho has more power than either, or that hes more risky a fight. So now apparently height & weight mean klitscho is not a 41 yr old washed up has been. I guess you dont realize klitschos size works against him more often than not. Go to bed lil boy. And way to once again turn what I said as some sort of endictment on joshua despite me saying it makes sense. Only an imbecile would believe that joshuas not avoiding ortiz or wilder until now.

Comment

Working...
                      X