Collapse
No announcement yet.

Froch Vs Groves - Fighter Predictions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I honestly think people are looking too much into froch's "I took him lightly" excuse.

I still can't say for sure who I'd pick though, but if you'd asked me to put my house on it, i'd probably say Froch is the safer bet.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
      I honestly think people are looking too much into froch's "I took him lightly" excuse.

I still can't say for sure who I'd pick though, but if you'd asked me to put my house on it, i'd probably say Froch is the safer bet.
      I agree. If your life was on the line you'd probably go with Froch. Wonder if these rumours about him being dropped in sparring are true though? You'd have to reconsider if they are.

Comment

War cobra.

Comment

MICKEY VANN
          Froch will win. He may not admit it, but he underestimated him first time round, perhaps thinking he could walk through him. He’ll be right this time, and consider that Groves hit him with everything last time, couldn’t finish him, and he got tired. I think the same may happen this time and it could be over in about eight rounds.

ARTHUR ABRAHAM

I think that the first fight showed us already how a rematch will play out between Froch and Groves. In my opinion, the key was how Groves would handle the occasion of a 'big' fight and it showed that he’s not only a quality operator inside the ring, but he also has the mindset of a world-class fighter. True, Froch might have underestimated Groves, but now that Carl knows that he lacks handspeed, footwork and ring-generalship – what makes himself believe that he is able to beat Groves, despite having stopped him controversially in the first fight? Carl still has the mentality of a warrior, but he can’t deny his age disadvantage with him lacking athleticism compared to Groves. Froch’s plan will be to outlast Groves, trying to slow him down with well-timed punches to the mid-section and finishing him in the championship rounds. Groves should try to make Froch miss and counter him to pile up points to win a decision as he was well ahead in the first fight. Personally, I see a war erupting in the final stages of the fight with Groves beating up Froch to get a late stoppage victory.

ADAM BOOTH
          Carl did underestimate George in the first fight and paid the price for that. George then made the mistake of being a little too gung-ho, he threw too many shots and that gave Carl the opportunity to claw his way back into the fight. George was buzzed a couple of times but the fight was definitely stopped too soon. Although he lost, it was a pretty one-sided fight in Georges’ favour. Regarding the so-called ‘mind games’, I think at first George got to Carl on a few occasions, but Carl has adjusted to it and looks more comfortable now. Both appear a little bit too focused on getting a psychological edge, but when the bell rings it just comes down to boxing. The reason I made the first fight for George is because I believed he would win it and the elements are still the same. Neither will make the same mistakes as last time. I’ve always felt the difference is George’s speed - how quickly he can think and then do something. That was pivotal in the first fight and he can do the same again. The last thing you need to do against an old warrior is slug it out, but I don’t think he’ll do that again. I expect a closer fight, with both performing better, but I expected George to win the first fight and I think he’ll win this time.

STEVE COLLINS

I think we will see a more determined Froch, it could be his last fight. He’s got a point to prove, he was losing the last fight and it was stopped controversially. George Groves proved himself and his power at that level. I don’t think the psychological games will be too important. If Groves controls the distance and boxes like he did last time he will win, if Carl can drag him into a fight he will win. It will be down to who has the best game plan and who can stick to it. That will determine who wins.

KERRY HOPE

It's going to be an interesting fight again and I think it'll be the same result as last time. I can see Froch wearing Groves down late on and forcing a stoppage.

MARK TIBBS
          Anything could happen. It's one of those fights. If Groves wins I think it'll be a KO, whereas if it goes the distance, I fancy Froch. I'll have to back Groves, as he's a Londoner!

SAKIO BIKA
          It’s going to be a very good fight and everyone will be excited to watch it. I’m sure that Carl Froch will win this fight on points.

TONY DODSON
          I genuinely believe it's a 50-50 fight. I just can't pick a winner. All I know is, someone's going to get chinned late on, because they both whack really hard.

MATTHEW MACKLIN
          I don’t believe Froch can start as badly again. I’m sure he did his runs and sparred the same amount of rounds but he wasn’t switched on enough. I think it took him three or four rounds to get over that first round and then another one or two rounds to get his confidence back. That won’t happen this time. He’ll be going in there switched on which means he will be a lot sharper. Groves will be more confident this time. Now he knows it’s a fact he belongs at that level. That evens it out. Groves has got the speed and movement early, Froch has the physical strength later on. I’d lean towards Carl on points. His better chin and stamina could be the difference.

SPENCER FEARON
          Carl Froch will win. If he hadn’t of been knocked down in the first fight victory would have been easier first time round. It took him a long time to recover from that. Groves could outbox him, but he’ll be trying too hard to play to the crowd and he’ll get caught out.

BILLY NELSON
          I think Froch will stop him late again, properly this time. Froch can’t box as badly as he did last time. He’ll still get outboxed initially but people haven’t latched onto the fact that in the first fight he paced himself better. He needs to match Groves a bit better this time in the early stages. Unless Groves paces himself better, he could be in bother in the second half of the fight.

ANTHONY CROLLA
          I must have changed my mind about 10 times, but right now I’m going for Groves. Carl’s had a fantastic career but I just feel the last fight would have taken more out of him than George. Carl’s been there and done it, but has he seen 80,000 fans? Groves hasn’t either, but I think Carl’s under huge pressure, and that could see him be more careful. Speed is a big factor, Groves can get a good lead before weathering a late storm. Groves on points.

JIM WATT
          If you ask me to put my house on somebody, I reckon a war is going to break out sooner or later. And who is better prepared when a war breaks out? Carl Froch. I think we could see something pretty close to the first encounter with Froch coming on later, after taking a lot of punches early, and I think this could be an even better fight than last time, because last time we had one guy performing to the top of his abilities, but this time we’ll have two because Carl is ready this time. So, all told, I think Froch will grind out a victory, via late stoppage or points, in the second half of the fight.

ANTHONY FARNELL
          Groves within four rounds max. Carl Froch knows how badly hurt he can get, he’s coming to the end anyway. Groves has got his number. Everything leans towards Groves.

BRIAN MAGEE
          I fancy Froch inside the distance. He’ll be more prepared compared to the first time. Groves can’t get any better, but I can see Froch improving. Froch fought terrible last time, and Groves was so good. I just think the Froch who beat Lucian Bute and Mikkel Kessler will have too much firepower.

CARL FRAMPTON
          I don’t think it’s going to be the fight Paddy Fitzpatrick is saying, that Groves will be aggressive and have a go from the start. I think we’ll see a more composed and relaxed Groves, he’ll take his time more. I think Froch will be a bit more cautious than last time but I think at some point – maybe after four or five rounds – it’ll come to life and be a great fight. I’m edging towards Groves on points. Froch is a true pro, he lives the life, but he’s a lot older and age catches up on everyone; he’s been in some real tough fights and they take a bit away from you. Groves is fresher and he had a great game plan that was winning him the last fight. He’ll have learned more from the last fight.

DOMINIC INGLE
          I think Froch will stop Groves anytime after eight. The last time, nobody expected what happened, least of all Froch, Groves surprised him. But if you nail a fighter, he goes down and you can’t finish him, you’ll never be able to finish that type of fighter. Groves had a golden opportunity and failed to capitalise. It’s a mentally tougher game for Groves this time. Froch had to pick himself up off the floor where Groves started better and steadily declined.

ENZO CALZAGHE
          Last time, Groves conquered a mountain, only to have the flag taken away from him at the end. Can Groves go up the mountain again? I don’t think so. His performance was amazing, the fight shouldn’t have been stopped, but that’s history. Groves won’t perform as good as he did that night. Froch will benefit because he can’t get as bad as he was. I think both will start very slowly, then step it up and that will benefit Froch. He can punch, take a shot and go on overdrive by that system Groves might produce. If it goes to the cards, I think that will suit Groves, but I see a Froch stoppage. Froch knows he cannot outbox Groves.

JIM ROSENTHAL
          I’m going for Groves on points, I thought Carl looked old in the last fight and I didn’t agree with the way it was stopped.

LEONARD BUNDU
          It will be a great fight. If Froch doesn’t change his tactics he is going to lose, probably on points. Groves is hungrier. In the first fight, I really liked him, he was stopped early but was very active, he did a very nice job. He is really angry and I think he’ll get the best of it.

MARTIN MURRAY
          I’ve been wracking my brains, I went for Groves the first time, but I’m going for Froch this time. It was a brilliant performance from Groves in the first fight but a bad performance by Froch. He couldn’t have had a worse start, getting dropped heavily, but he came through. When it finished, it was controversial and a bit premature but he was the stronger fighter. Froch seems more focused this time, he’s in the zone. He’ll change his game plan, won’t make the same mistakes, and I picture him winning inside the distance.

TOTAL
          FROCH – 10, GROVES – 9, FENCE SITTERS - 2

Comment

Working...
          X