Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canelo was too "Green" for Floyd but Leonard wasn't against Duran? Stop overrating...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by travestyny View Post
    This dude talking about what Canelo had to deal with....as if a blind man couldn't see Canelo lost the fight clearly.

You're worse than the broad that scored it a draw. Find a new sport, Queenie. You're pathetic.
    - -You Ellerbee wannabees priceless.

And TUE 50-0 engraved in stone as drug cheat personified.

Comment

OP conveniently left out the fact that Gayweather drained Canelo's big ass down to 152.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
          - -You still cryin'?

Canelo just turned 23 and TUE 50-0 was still 35. Canelo had to wear Bayliss strapped to his back and go against TUE judges and drug testers not to mention turning blue on the scales from the catchweight multiplied by the 165lb rehydration clause and still finished the stronger fighter.

Sugar got the holy dog biscuits whooped out of him and had privately retired before being coaxed back.

Cry us a river over ancient history, will you?
          There was no rehydration clause you F@G. Get some help, and stop making up lies because you hate greatness
          Last edited by newuser; 05-07-2019, 09:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
            No...Stop Overrated Losses as if fighters can't bounce back from them! Fighters protect 0's because you Sh#t fans want to bury these guys, call them overrated and stop caring about them when they do lose so some fighters just would rather not risk it
            Why are you going on a rant that has nothing to do with what I said?
            Last edited by newuser; 05-07-2019, 09:51 PM.

Comment

dont forget Ali-Foreman..Foreman had just turned 25, so i guess he was green aswell

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
                - -You still cryin'?

Canelo just turned 23 and TUE 50-0 was still 35. Canelo had to wear Bayliss strapped to his back and go against TUE judges and drug testers not to mention turning blue on the scales from the catchweight multiplied by the 165lb rehydration clause and still finished the stronger fighter.

Sugar got the holy dog biscuits whooped out of him and had privately retired before being coaxed back.

Cry us a river over ancient history, will you?
                floyd was 36

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                  Catch weight and nelo had beaten nobody. Trout was coming off of a good win over cotto but still trout was a nobody and little experience himself. And no PFP fighter
                  Plus nelo wasn't PFP top twenty even if you look at his resume at the time. He was outside top twenty. But just cos he was facing Floyd ring mag bumped nelo up ratings.
                  The win for Floyd it is what it is. At the time it is is ok win for floyd. And the win for Floyd won't look better the more nelo wins.
                  Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                  Each boxer is different and might peak at a different age. Duran did beat Leonard so what's your problem with that. Duran was the smaller man too. He was the former lightweight champion. Floyd deserves credit for a good win but not as much credit because he made Canelo fight him at a catchweight of 152 instead of the jr middleweight limit of 154 or no fight. In my opinion today's Canelo would slaughter the Mayweather that beat him when he was 23 and somewhat drained. Canelo has improved tremendously since Mayweather beat him while Leonard was already very near his best when he fought Duran. Two different fights involving different boxers.

Who gives a fck about the catchweight for multiple reasons

1. Canelo put the idea of the catchweight out in the media first, so why not take advantage?

2. Canelo has fought at catchweights south of 154 in the past and started his career at 147

3. At the end of the day, he agreed to make 152 so NO ONE can use it as an excuse.

Trout and Canelo were top 2 in the division and it was a unification. He established himself as #1 in his division. If you think its an "ok" win then you are just flat out wrong. It's as simple as that

Comment

It's not age it's development. Leonard was much more developed and primed at that point in his career. From winning the Olympic gold to being shot up through the ranks like Oscar De La Hoya, he was seen as the Ali 2.0.
                    Duran arguably was not in his prime at this stage too. Pushing 30 and having over 70 professional fights, it was understood that he was in the twilight of his career.

Despite having 40 something professional fights Canelo was still the epitome of green. I was hoping he'd show the tenacity and desperation of a Maidana or Duran to really throw the kitchen sink and adapt. At least find something that works. But he didn't and looked very one dimensional as Floyd comfortably cruised to a UD. Big respect to Floyd's performance considering being 36. Anyways, if JCC Jr and Wilder have shown us anything, having a big pretty resume never means you're an elite developed boxer.
                    Despite Canelo being green when he fought Floyd, I still think that the 36 Floyd then would still beat the Canelo of today. Canelo is a flat footed boxer puncher at heart. He's never going to be a brawler. Floyd is one of the best counter punchers ever. I don't see how it will go any different. Floyd's too cautious and effective. Canelo isn't smart enough to scrap a tit for tat style with him and commit to a bulldozing duran type of beat down. Canelo isn't really a killer.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                      I’ve reached the point where I’m fine with whatever way posters crap on Floyd’s resume. I’m simply going to use that same microscope on all fighters to make it equal. I’m sure Floyd will come out ahead.
                      I'm sure you'd also like reach around from Gayweather aswell you hömo.

Gayweather = biggest cherry picking, woman beating, Ellerbe cöck massaging, racist piece of filth.

I'm sure with you forgive his woman beating ways though. He wuz yung doe, he dindu nuffin.

Comment

Working...
                      X