No announcement yet.

Suffering from lower back pain

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by b morph View Post
    Idk the injury technically didn’t happen on the job, but I do believe that the job contributed to it. The job definitely doesn’t help it. I was prescribed pills and physical therapy and I have a follow up appointment with the doctor next month. If it hasn’t improved my then, I will definitely ask for modified work or better yet, request a transfer. We have other accounts that aren’t standing. Or I might just quit entirely and do something else.

I have a referral for physical therapy, but I’m telling you it’s the prolonged standing. Straight standing for a 7 or 8 hour shift, even with 2 or 3 short breaks will put strain on your lower back and lower extremities. My back has never been this messed up to the point where I felt the need to go to professional help, and then I started working where I am now.

Yeah I got a referral for physical therapy through the Union. My only concern is that I only get 2 or 3 visits out of them. I need to call during the work week to see if it’s not only approved, but also how many sessions they give me. I have an HMO and it sucks.

I’m hoping I can get a note from the doctor during my next appointment for work restriction. I think even just 2 extra 15 minute breaks would do wonders. I don’t want to take any days off because I don’t want to lose money. I’ll gladly take vacation time. I should have at least a weeks worth if not more.
    Whether you were standing or seating you would get the same problem. Many who sit on their office chairs for long periods do get back problems but the real cause is a weak core. Your physiotherapist will tell you that. You will notice All the exercise he will make you do are there to strengthen your core.

Comment

yea get that checked out. 1 month is too long. get 2-3 different doctors to diagnose u .. try sleepin in a fetal position. might wake up feelin better .. at my job i sit too long so its the opposite problem. and when i stand to stretch mofos look at me like im crazy cuz i swear nobody moves in that mofckin place

Comment

I’m required to stand at work. Even with breaks, I’m still standing way too much at work to the point that it’s unhealthy.

From Monday - Thursday, I stand 6.5 hours at work. Friday, it’s 7.5 hours, and Saturday, it’s 3.25. According to what I’ve read, anything more than 5 hours on your feet will cause significant muscle fatigue.

I went to the gym at the beginning of the month and injured my back due to back form.

At first, I blamed myself. After reassessing everything and my current situation, I blame my job.

Standing for extended periods of time puts incredible strain on your lower back and lower extremities. This is backed by science.

It’s been a month and it hasn’t gotten much better. I need help.
        Not trying to be rude but thats only 36.75 hrs a week, I work construction and work over 50 standing all day. My back dont hurt from that

Comment

Originally posted by boxingfan91 View Post
          Not trying to be rude but thats only 36.75 hrs a week, I work construction and work over 50 standing all day. My back dont hurt from that
          Yeah but in construction you’re doing different things. You’re picking things up. Moving around. Climbing stuff. Bending. The point is, you’re moving. You’re active. Standing, all the work is 100% lower back and quads. Nothing else. At least if you’re moving around, the work on your musculoskeletal system is somewhat distributed evenly. I mean, you’re actually working out. I’m not, and my legs feel dead at the end of work, from doing nothing.

You ever stand somewhere doing nothing for hours on end? It gets to you after awhile.

My sole responsibility, is standing and making it look like I’m paying attention to what’s going on around me.

Comment

On my breaks, I go on Chaturbate. I have problems.
            You may have caused yourself injury Chaturbating.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby Shaw View Post
              Number one problem is usually a weak core. As you get older it becomes weak and you easily hurt your back. If you haven't been working your core you need to really take it to the next level. Sit ups, crunches, back leg raises, planks etc. Of course you are injured now and you have to see your doctor who will prescribe you strong anti inlamatories and refer you to the physiotherapist. The physiotherapist will then start working your core.
              Hmmm. I might have to check this out. Cuz yea while I'm not having any major back issues like OP I do feel like my back isn't what it once was. Cuz yea its been a minute since I did some situps & crunches not gonna bs.

Comment

Maybe you are getting old. Every hour or so do stretches or see a chiropractor.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                  Hmmm. I might have to check this out. Cuz yea while I'm not having any major back issues like OP I do feel like my back isn't what it once was. Cuz yea its been a minute since I did some situps & crunches not gonna bs.
                  You better strengthen your core before you start having back problems. Everyday you will need to do a lot of sit ups, crunches, planks, back leg raises and other exercises like that.

Comment

Working...
                  X