Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else proud of Lockett?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All Lockett won prior to this was a wbu and a wbo inter-continental belt . No British Commonwealth or European belts.He has got a victory over Ryan Rhodes tho
    http://www.boxrec.com/list_bouts.php...4966&cat=boxer

Comment

Originally posted by alza1988 View Post
      All Lockett won prior to this was a wbu and a wbo inter-continental belt . No British Commonwealth or European belts.He has got a victory over Ryan Rhodes tho
      http://www.boxrec.com/list_bouts.php...4966&cat=boxer
      Did you see his face after the Rhodes fight?

Comment

Originally posted by _PlaT_NuM_ View Post
        What's your problem holmes? i thought we were best buds
        I am sorry man, The Rocketmans stare has put fear into me.

Comment

Originally posted by DeafCon View Post
          I am sorry man, The Rocketmans stare has put fear into me.

Comment

How did Pavlik survive that man? There should be a rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by DeafCon View Post
              How did Pavlik survive that man? There should be a rematch.
              Enzo Calzaghe was paid off to throw the towel in. it's a disgrace.

Comment

Enzo Calzaghe was paid off to throw the towel in. it's a disgrace.
                That sick **** didn't want The Rocketman to outshine his son!

Comment

Jennings and Lockett.

Comment

No.

He didn't earn his shot and (based upon interviews he gave before and after the fight) he didn't seem devoted to the sport and just saw it as a job. I can understand that mentality (we all need money, of course) but I'd rather support the guy who loves boxing and gives it 100%.

Comment

Originally posted by the_godslayer View Post
                      Lockett caught Pavlik early on with a decent right hand that stunned Kelly for a second, and in the 3rd round after Enzo Calzaghe was screaming at him to throw some punches he did just that .... the difference was in class really, i felt kinda sorry for him but hey... props anyway for taking the fight ... he had a decent 31-1 record at the time and could have stepped away from the #1 contender slot and waited for an easier payday than Kelly Pavlik, but he didnt so fair play to the lad for having a go i say!!!
                      Completely untrue as that 31-1 record was all at British level so his next biggest payday would have been around £40-50k if he didn't take this fight. I'm just guessing but surely a world title shot pays more than fighting bums picked off the streets of Wales

Originally posted by CraigM View Post
                      Gary is a decent family man, and did his family proud. Pavlik was just awesome
                      I didn't know he was a family man. I heard he was a *** which would explain why he shat himself

Originally posted by Muttley85 View Post
                      shame on warren's bum-chums at the WBO, lockett had absolutely no business being ranked in the top 10 let alone being a mandatory challenger
                      Not the first time he has protected his flock under the WBO route. Nicky Cook, Johnny Nelson, Joe Calzaghe(champ for ten years, lol) & Kendall Holt are a few reasons why that belt shouldn't be recognised like the other three!
                      Originally posted by Clegg View Post
                      No.

He didn't earn his shot and (based upon interviews he gave before and after the fight) he didn't seem devoted to the sport and just saw it as a job. I can understand that mentality (we all need money, of course) but I'd rather support the guy who loves boxing and gives it 100%.
                      He probably loved it as a kid and then lost the passion for it when he grew up. Happens alot in various sports as I know a guy was once on a Premier League relagtion teams bench, who doesn't even want to play part time football on a Saturday now even though it is a good earner!

Comment

Working...
                      X