Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which fight contributed to triggering Muhammad Ali's Parkinson's disease the most?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post
    I don't understand your hatred for the man. And please don't come back with "I don't hate him" when you clearly do. Calling him Clay is disrespectful. I don't see Ali as the God like figure some do but the man deserves his respect especially since he has passed.

And to answer your question, it had to be from an accumulation of his fights in the late 70s. He was taking big shots in almost every fight.
    What lol?
    You need to stop being such a gigantic cuck.

Also, I don't think the fighting brought upon his health condition

Comment

Originally posted by punchr View Post

Pick one fight that you believe did Clay in.

Assuming Ali's Parkinson's disease was triggered by his lengthy boxing career, which bout do you suspect was the main culprit?

I believe boxing triggered Clay's Parkinson's. I find it hard to believe that he would still be talking and moving like an 80-year-old man in his forties if he never boxed a day in his life.

So which bouts ruined Ali's quality of life? Vote and discuss.

Ten years after The Rumble in the Jungle. Ali was so fucked up here, he sounds like a ******.

None of them. Show me the link between Parkinson's and boxing.

Comment

His doctor said the he probably didn't get parkinson from boxing, and if he got it from boxing, was probably for the rabbit punches he took.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom2016 View Post
          What lol?
          You need to stop being such a gigantic cuck.

Also, I don't think the fighting brought upon his health condition
          I can't take you seriously. So much ignorance in one post.

Comment

there's never been any research indicating that parkinson's is caused or sped up by head trauma.

if you want to know which fight was the most damaging in ali's career, you should just watch the fights. the answer is very, very simple.

third fight with joe frazier
            also known as the thrilla in manilla.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
              there's never been any research indicating that parkinson's is caused or sped up by head trauma.

if you want to know which fight was the most damaging in ali's career, you should just watch the fights. the answer is very, very simple.

third fight with joe frazier
              also known as the thrilla in manilla.
              Exactly this...and if it did, the culprit would be a whole careers worth of punishment.

Comment

It's gotta be between Thrilla or Rumble. I felt like the signs were starting to show in '77, and by the Holmes fight, well..even Joe Nobody knew he was struggling with his sentences.

He still had his wit and charm, but the delivery was gone. He still had the twinkle in his eye, but those blinks got slower.

Comment

Originally posted by KillaCamNZ View Post
                  It's gotta be between Thrilla or Rumble. I felt like the signs were starting to show in '77, and by the Holmes fight, well..even Joe Nobody knew he was struggling with his sentences.

He still had his wit and charm, but the delivery was gone. He still had the twinkle in his eye, but those blinks got slower.
                  Go to 1:27:28

I think Joe did it. Thrilla in Manila was a life-changing event for Ali, he got the **** end of the stick. Ali won the battle; Frazier won the war.

Comment

Originally posted by punchr View Post
                    Go to 1:27:28

I think Joe did it. Thrilla in Manila was a life-changing event for Ali, he got the **** end of the stick. Ali won the battle; Frazier won the war.
                    Heavy stuff Man.

I'll be sure to watch this doco in it's entirety.

Comment

I believe it is impossible to access and attribute brain damage in a fight per se. I won't vote.

Comment

Working...
                      X