Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are people who kill animals for fun mentally ill?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Penis-Bacon! View Post
    I'm talking the type of people who hunt with dogs. Badger baiting and the likes. My mate who shoots pheasants told me a story about hunting foxes with a guy he's known for years who is a gamekeeper. He told me this guy deliberately shot a fox in the leg to slow it down so his dog could rip it up. When the fight happened this guy was shouting and going mental to encourage his dog to savage the Fox.
    I know some people are brought up in that environment so animal life is cheap to them, or its part of their job, but to kill animals like that for thrills is one step before serial killer imo.
    Ive worked in a job where I had to kill animals and it always made me feel like a piece of ****.
    Maybe I'm just too soft
    Originally posted by Slip Stream View Post
    Human beings are killers as are most biological organisms on some level. Looking at the human experience through a "moral" lens is a bit clunky because the natural world is a really cruel ****ing place if you don't. But if you suspend moral assessment and look at humans as they are, organisms that like to **** **** up then it gets a lot easier.
    Originally posted by BKM-2010 View Post
    Ah I like where this thread is going.

Should we go a step further and find out if pedophilia is also present in the animal kingdom so we can condone it?
    Originally posted by Road Warrior View Post
    The end result is the same, but the means could be very different.
    A knocker who kills cows with blow to the head is different to a guy who tortures animals and causes them alot of suffering.

Two different rationalizations and impacts on animal are different from the amount of suffering perspective.
    Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
    Most hunters that I've met aren't very intelligent, they're pretty stupid and can't get a hold of their emotions. I think hunters, primarily those that camp in trees and don't actually "earn" their kill have some sort of inferiority complex, killing gives them that feeling of power they crave.

Over 1,000 people per year are accidentally shot by hunters in both the USA and Canada. Hunters go into that "****** mode" where all of their actions are based off adrenaline and emotion.

They see something move out of the corner of their eye, shoot first and ask questions later, that's why there are so many accidents and why most hunters are borderline ******ed.
    Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
    If someone needs to kill an animal for food that is not of an endangered species, than it is okay. Such is nature.

But only stupid psychopaths kill for some kind of sadistic pleasure or "sport".
    Originally posted by BKM-2010 View Post
    I will agree there. I can't think of one species of animals who do this for sport except for humans. Animals kill for other reasons than for food, but they have specific motives like territory disputes, mating selection and even as complex as teaching young how to hunt. There's house cats who 'play' with mice before killing and eating them, but that is out of their own confusion.
    Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
    The thing with Hunters now is they use dead animals as trophies. They don't even skin the bear and wear it's head over theirs like a warrior's cloak/cape to stay warm during the winter!
    Originally posted by rusianboxingman View Post
    Taking pleasure in killing animals is a sign of psychopathy and possibly a serial killer in the making. Hunting game for food is a different story.
    animals kill for food, humans kill for pleasure even though we don't have to. psychopathy is a mental illness, at least it used to be in the DSM IV manual that classifies mental illnesses. cats play with their food before they kill it out of instinct, trophy hunters take pleasure in the act of killing, they feel the same pleasure as when they blow their load when they kill something, it's just a form of self-gratification, like jacking off

Comment

Originally posted by phallus View Post
      animals kill for food, humans kill for pleasure even though we don't have to. psychopathy is a mental illness, at least it used to be in the DSM IV manual that classifies mental illnesses. cats play with their food before they kill it out of instinct, trophy hunters take pleasure in the act of killing, they feel the same pleasure as when they blow their load when they kill something, it's just a form of self-gratification, like jacking off
      Which post were you responding to and why?

Comment

Originally posted by Slip Stream View Post
        Which post were you responding to and why?
        Dude is talking DSM-IV without divulging his credentials, or the classification he was assigned by a mental health professional.

Look out

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
          Dude is talking DSM-IV without divulging his credentials, or the classification he was assigned by a mental health professional.

Look out
          Oh mother****ing snap!

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post

Look out
            i drink my coffee black, supposedly that's a sign of psychopathy.

Comment

Originally posted by phallus View Post
              i drink my coffee black, supposedly that's a sign of psychopathy.
              Hahahaha!
              Good one!

I like watching women with big asses wearing yoga pants!
              That makes me a poon hound!

Peace bruh!

Comment

Working...
              X