Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hughie Fury: After I Take Out Pulev, Fans Will Talk Me & Joshua

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There’s lot of hate for Hughie here. I like his slippery eel style but he’ll need to make Pulev look like Sam Sexton to have a chance of winning.

Comment

Why is Peter propelling his son? Yes, he has over 20 fights, but other than Parker, with very low opposition. He's also very young, why rush? Its not a foregone conclusion that he will beat Pulev. In Bulgaria. Pulev has a good resume and has only a loss to Klitschko. 37 for the HW who looks after himself is not the age when he can be written off. The second loss will send Fury to the back of a queue again, he should rather get a steady increase in opposition and gradully build up.

If he proves me wrong - great, but in all likelihood I see Pulev by UD and lots of hysterical screams "robbery" from Fury's side (which in Bulgaria might even be justified). Can't see a KO here. Neither is a KO machine and Pulev has a reasonably decent chin (no shame in being KO'd by Klitschko).
      Last edited by alexjust; 10-18-2018, 01:19 PM.

Comment

Beating pulev puts him right in the mix.

Comment

Isn't this live on the graveyard of television?? (channel 5)

Isn't Puvlev quite famous in Bulgaria. Swear I heard he's a celebrity out there or something, how likely is Hughie to get a fair call there? I can't imagine Hughie getting much love ...

Either way, Hughie ain't denting Puvlev, won't get any respect from him at all wide (maybe suspiciously...) UD to Puvlev

Comment

To be fair I don't think there will be much demand from the public for Hughie Fury to fight Joshua. Fair play to Fury for having self belief but having watched half of his fights his style isn't exciting to watch and he's already come up short against an overrated Joseph Parker who AJ beat fairly comfortably. Joshua is the huge draw in the divison and Fury is just in a long line of other contenders. Would like to see Joshua fight Wilder next and not fighters like Hughie Fury who are just looking for a bumper pay day.

Comment

Not really dude. You lost to Parker who lost to AJ who lost to Whyte so no we don't. Lol we would rather see Miller, Wilder, Ortiz and the real Fury before you buddy lol

Comment

Pulev by UD

Comment

Originally posted by Boxldn View Post
                  Isn't this live on the graveyard of television?? (channel 5)

Yes. He got big ratings vs Sexton. I'm expecting this to do 1mill viewers as people know Pulevs name and they know Hughie will be in line for AJ.

I actually think Hughie is more skilled than Tyson. If he can win by KO people are going to take notice.

Comment

Good on hughie for doing what Whyte was too scared to do. But lets see if team fury make it the country this time. Every chance they will pull out at the last minute, and not turn up, just like the parker fight.

Comment

Originally posted by EnglishOxide View Post
                      Yes. He got big ratings vs Sexton. I'm expecting this to do 1mill viewers as people know Pulevs name and they know Hughie will be in line for AJ.

I actually think Hughie is more skilled than Tyson. If he can win by KO people are going to take notice.
                      I'm all for it, some of those channel 5 cards have been surprisingly decent. Just surprised that of everywhere boxing landed there and Dave (outside of sky/BT)

Skill wise Hughie is above Puvlev I know, but I just don't see him winning out there without a K.O. And that's unlikely for me ... Would love it though!

Comment

Working...
                      X