Arum: Showtime will leave boxing within the next year

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F Showtime and F HBO , get boxing out of premium cable

Comment

Tell Kanye to stick to making shoes, maybe he might be good at that. He never made any music, just s h I t.

Comment

I think ESPN will abort boxing before Showtime does.

Comment

Originally posted by eco1 View Post
          Tell Kanye to stick to making shoes, maybe he might be good at that. He never made any music, just s h I t.
          I'll be sure to do that the next time i talk to him

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
            Probably the same thing here. I was at a Hooters and they didn't have it and I was shocked. They all have the PPV's but that is different.

IMO this sucks because sometimes I like to leave the house and go to a bar and watch the fights. WIth so many fights on the apps that isn't possible.

I will try to get an answer.
            They may not know about it yet? For $10 a month they could have a tv showing boxing and MMA every night, could be a good thing for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
              They aren't selling ads they're a subscription based service. The ratings aren't as important as the subs. Half of Showtime subs say boxing is important ti them according to a survey Espinoza cites
              Surveys also said Hillary Clinton was a lock to win the presidency.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                Wishful thinking on Arum’s part.

According to Espinoza, half of their new subscribers like boxing and 30% signed up for specifically for that reason. That’s what drives them to increase their budget. Showtime has about 30 million subs (half of HBO’s) and are still generating between 500k-1m viewers per fight. That is impressive. It’s why Espinoza got a promotion and a far bigger budget going forward.
                what empirical data is there to show this? showtime didnt send surveys out at the time of or after subscription, and if they did.. no company in the world gets more than a 15/20% answer submission rate.

Theres simply no way to back up those figures when used in that sentence. How can you tell that half of your new subs like boxing if you didnt get a 100% answer rate to the very question you never asked? with 50 % of that 100% saying having to say yes.

What method and what data is there , used by showtime to show that 30% signed up specifically for boxing?

absolute rubbish

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
                  Surveys also said Hillary Clinton was a lock to win the presidency.
                  Bruh just stop. You don't understand PROBABILITY and polling.

This was a survey

Comment

Originally posted by yammy25 View Post
                    what empirical data is there to show this? showtime didnt send surveys out at the time of or after subscription, and if they did.. no company in the world gets more than a 15/20% answer submission rate.

Theres simply no way to back up those figures when used in that sentence. How can you tell that half of your new subs like boxing if you didnt get a 100% answer rate to the very question you never asked? with 50 % of that 100% saying having to say yes.

What method and what data is there , used by showtime to show that 30% signed up specifically for boxing?

absolute rubbish
                    It comes from those who bothered to do the survey. If you voluntarily do a survey your responses are taken serious because you went out of the way to make your voice heard when it's easier to ignore the survey

Comment

Bitter Bob! It's so sad and pathetic. What a pity? In any case, I just so happen to disagree with Arum. Showtime's sports programming budget has never been the size of HBO's sports programming budget.

Showtime on average typically spent about a third of what HBO was spending on boxing. Besides, as long as Money May remains relevant Showtime isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

Comment

Working...
                      X