No announcement yet.

Ryan: Trillion-dollar deficits were inevitable

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [LMAO!] Ryan: Trillion-dollar deficits were inevitable

This guy wants to raise the retirement age to 70 while he retires at 48 with his full pension. He's been leeching off the government since he was a teen. He was happy with his SSD "entitlement" when his father died but wants to cut it for everyone else. He's the worst type of person

Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) says that trillion-dollar deficits could not have been avoided by the GOP-controlled Congress, responding to critics within his party who say that leaders have behaved irresponsibly.

“That was going to happen. The baby boomers retiring was going to do that,” Ryan said on NBC’s “Meet the Press” of projections that the country will start running trillion-dollar deficits as soon as 2020.

Ryan and other GOP leaders have come under fire for passing a $1.5 trillion tax cut last year, which may wind up costing more than expected, in addition to a $1.3 trillion omnibus spending package in March.

Sen. Bob Corker (R-Tenn.) has said voting for the tax package “could well be one of the worst votes I’ve made” and that the Trump administration is “on track to be one of the most fiscally irresponsible administrations in history.”

Ryan, however, said the projected spike on spending for Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security will have the biggest impact on future deficits.

“These deficit trillion-dollar projections have been out there for a long, long time. Why? Because of mandatory spending which we call entitlements,” he said when pressed by NBC host Chuck Todd on Corker’s criticism.

Ryan, a former House Budget Committee chairman, said the Congressional Budget Office projects discretionary spending to increase by only $300 billion over the next decade and for total tax revenues to continue to increase.

“Mandatory spending which is entitlements, that goes to $2 trillion over the next decade. Why does it go to $2 trillion? Because the boomer generation is retiring,” Ryan said.

He pointed out the House passed legislation to repeal and replace ObamaCare, which would have included steep cuts to Medicaid, calling the proposal “the biggest entitlement reform bill Congress had ever considered.”

He said the Senate was responsible for it failing to pass, deflecting some blame for the deficits across the Capitol.

On the topic of discretionary spending, Ryan said Congress will need to reform its appropriations process to avoid having to pass trillion dollar-plus omnibus deals in the future.

“This is why we have a commission, a committee now between the House and the Senate which is going to bring the Congress a new budget system. That is what we have to do if we want to get this under control,” he said.
    http://thehill.com/homenews/house/38...ere-inevitable

Dude, stfu unless you start kvetching about all the other lifer politicians who mess things up and yet retire with nice pensions.

Your D cheerleading has gotten really bad lately.

I highly suggest you tone it down. If you dont, you'll look that much more stupid when Mueller finally closes shop and admits there was no evidence of collusion between Trump and Russia.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
      Dude, stfu unless you start kvetching about all the other lifer politicians who mess things up and yet retire with nice pensions.

Your D cheerleading has gotten really bad lately.

I highly suggest you tone it down. If you dont, you'll look that much more stupid when Mueller finally closes shop and admits there was no evidence of collusion between Trump and Russia.

You got played. Deal with it

Comment

I don’t see the Republicans cutting social security that wouldn’t go down well with a large section of their voting bloc.

As a young man I say do away with SS tax altogether and make people be responsible for their own retirement fund.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post

How'd I get played?

I don't recall voting for Paul Ryan.

Do tell.....

(Did I "lose" too? Lmfao!!!!)

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post

So you are conceding you've never called out a D lifer politician for running up debt and then retiring with a big pension, correct?

I want to be clear here.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingTech718 View Post
              I don’t see the Republicans cutting social security that wouldn’t go down well with a large section of their voting bloc.

As a young man I say do away with SS tax altogether and make people be responsible for their own retirement fund.
              I’ve paid 30 years into the system, how do we compensate me for the funds I had withheld from my yearly salary. I’ve paid a lot of money into the system. What’s equitable? I would have been happy to keep that money and invest it myself.

What’s equitable?

Comment

Ryan's reputation is in shambles. I don't feel bad for him at all. If he had a spine he would've stood up to Trump. Yeah, he wouldn't be Speaker but this wouldn't be on him.

He will forever be known as the Speaker that grew the debt and presided as Speaker over the least popular Congress in history.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
                  I’ve paid 30 years into the system, how do we compensate me for the funds I had withheld from my yearly salary. I’ve paid a lot of money into the system. What’s equitable? I would have been happy to keep that money and invest it myself.

What’s equitable?
                  I don’t know what to tell you. You shouldn’t have kept voting for politicians that were content to keep raiding the social security fund.

Why should the younger generation have to pay for the older generations indiscretions?

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingTech718 View Post
                    I don’t know what to tell you. You shouldn’t have kept voting for politicians that were content to keep raiding the social security fund.

Why should the younger generation have to pay for the older generations indiscretions?
                    I’m from a blue state, CA. Now it’s my fault that I voted for people who raided SS? The electoral college decides who the president will be.

My indiscretions caused me to allow politicians to raid SS?
                    I stated making 100,000 k per year in 1996, haven’t dropped below that income level since then.

I find your arguments less that persuasive. I still pay US takes, and I’m a 10 year resident of Japan. Try that on for size!

What’s equitable for someone like me? You are young and have
                    It’s of answers
                    . Help me out here young man?

Comment

Working...
                    X