No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Khan Admits: I Took Canelo Fight Because I Was Desperate

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    Brook and Khan moved up two weights in fights they had no chance of winning and not only that but it was two fights that no one really wanted to see when what everyone wanted was Khan to fight Brook and Canelo to fight GGG.

2016 was a weird year for Boxing.
    It was absurd when you look back. It was like both of them couldn't handle a defeat to the other, but didn't mind a risk against GGG/Canelo. Egos man. A fight between the two should've happened AGES AGO!

Comment

Originally posted by sayf View Post
      So you're saying he ducked Brook to take on Canelo? I don't think that counts as ducking. Just like you couldn't accuse Brook of ducking Spence when he fought GGG. The amount of money and world exposure Khan got in the build up to that fight goes far beyond anything he could have gotten from fighting Brook. He would have been an idiot to turn the opportunity down.

I'm always happy for fighters to "duck" mandatories or others in their weight category if they're fighting someone who is a greater risk or bigger fight. I only get annoyed when champions avoid other champions to fight someone on a losing streak or isn't even ranked.
      Well said!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
        He wanted a fight in Vegas which is why he fought Collazo, Alexander and Algieri instead of Brook?
        Maybe he just didnt want to lose to a guy that's is rumored to suck c@ck and takes it up the ass???

Comment

He wanted a fight in Vegas which is why he fought Collazo, Alexander and Algieri instead of Brook?
          A superfight in Vegas. Can you read? Stop trying to make it seem like Wembley is on the same level as a big fight in Vegas. It's not. Like I said, even Froch who has fought at Wembley still wanted a big fight in Vegas. The world watches when it's a big fight in Vegas. The UK watches when it's a big fight at Wembley. It's levels to this.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
            A superfight in Vegas. Can you read? Stop trying to make it seem like Wembley is on the same level as a big fight in Vegas. It's not. Like I said, even Froch who has fought at Wembley still wanted a big fight in Vegas. The world watches when it's a big fight in Vegas. The UK watches when it's a big fight at Wembley. It's levels to this.
            Yo ****** there was no option of a super fight in Vegas when he chose to fight the likes of Collazo, Alexander and Algieri. The other **** is funny because i'm pretty sure Joshua's fights are more watched than Khan's "superfight" against Canelo. Khan-Brook would have been too.

Comment

I remember how out of the blue it was when they announced those Brook/GGG , Canelo/Khan fights.
              Fair play to them for stepping up and having a go. I imagine they made good money from it, but they had little chance of coming away with wins.

Those two guys fighting eachother would of been better. A big sell out fight, good money and a competitive fight.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnyblazz View Post
                Dude has been cherry picking for years hoping Manny and Floyd will throw him a bone.

His last big win was against Devon Alexander... DEVON ****ING ALEXANDER...
                I agree that Khan's resume isn't very good, but if you look at a lot the guys that Floyd and Manny fought since 2013 a lot them have equally bad/ worse records:

Floyd - Guerrero (best win Berto), Maidana (best win Broner), Berto (best win who f*ucking knows?)

Manny - Algieri (fake win over Provo), Rios (Alvardo), Vargas (Sadam Ali who wasn't really rated back then)

I can understand from Khan's point of view, if your resume is as good as a lot of the guys getting picked, why would you take an extra risk by taking on a tougher guy like Brook/ Thurman?

Also, the people who think that beating better fighters massively improved your chances to get the Floyd / Pac fights are delusional imo. None of Brook, Thurman or Garcia got those fights (Thurman got ridiculed by Floyd fanboys for calling him out as well). People talk about boxing like it's a meritocracy when it's really the most unfair sport in the world. Why then would Khan bother to take tougher fights?

Khan had the same kind of problem that a lot of fighters have imo, he didn't make sense on the risk/ reward scale (risk = almost none/ reward = none). Khan was a little more awkward than the other guys that they picked and there was little reason to fight him.

Comment

Yo ****** there was no option of a super fight in Vegas when he chose to fight the likes of Collazo, Alexander and Algieri. The other **** is funny because i'm pretty sure Joshua's fights are more watched than Khan's "superfight" against Canelo. Khan-Brook would have been too.
                  Nobody in America watches Joshua's fights. That's evident by his ratings. Joshua is a big fish in a small pond and he's afraid to leave that pond. Khan-Canelo was a bigger fight than Brook-Khan.

Comment

Originally posted by sore_back View Post
                    I agree that Khan's resume isn't very good, but if you look at a lot the guys that Floyd and Manny fought since 2013 a lot them have equally bad/ worse records:

Floyd - Guerrero (best win Berto), Maidana (best win Broner), Berto (best win who f*ucking knows?)

Manny - Algieri (fake win over Provo), Rios (Alvardo), Vargas (Sadam Ali who wasn't really rated back then)

I can understand from Khan's point of view, if your resume is as good as a lot of the guys getting picked, why would you take an extra risk by taking on a tougher guy like Brook/ Thurman?

Also, the people who think that beating better fighters massively improved your chances to get the Floyd / Pac fights are delusional imo. None of Brook, Thurman or Garcia got those fights (Thurman got ridiculed by Floyd fanboys for calling him out as well). People talk about boxing like it's a meritocracy when it's really the most unfair sport in the world. Why then would Khan bother to take tougher fights?

Khan had the same kind of problem that a lot of fighters have imo, he didn't make sense on the risk/ reward scale (risk = almost none/ reward = none). Khan was a little more awkward than the other guys that they picked and there was little reason to fight him.
                    Khan would have made more money fighting Brook than anyone else. Mayweather/Pacquiao opponents were making <5 mil unless it was a big name. Stop talking bollocks.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                      Nobody in America watches Joshua's fights. That's evident by his ratings. Joshua is a big fish in a small pond and he's afraid to leave that pond. Khan-Canelo was a bigger fight than Brook-Khan.
                      You were talking about worldwide now it's America? Khan-Canelo a bigger fight? Only in America. Now Mayweathers gone boxing in America is in a sad ****ing state. How many American PPV draws is there? Your HW champ makes 2 mil and nobody knows who the **** he is. One of the top P4P is even less known. The best fighter in the sport fought a fellow top 3 P4P fighter and sold 100k PPV. Stop the bull****. America was once the only place to be a boxing star. Not anymore, fighters don't even need yankland.

Comment

Working...
                      X