European Style of Boxing - Pros and Cons

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by german12johnson View Post
    Other than ggg what great champ from east euro
    They weren’t even allowed to go pro till the 90s the kilts, Kostya, pirog, kovalev, Loma, usyk, Bivol, beterbiev. Plenty more are coming we havnt even seen the best yet.

Comment

Originally posted by german12johnson View Post
      Other than ggg what great champ from east euro
      Down syndrome would be tough to live with. Or do you just not watch boxing, like AT ALL?

Comment

Originally posted by A.K View Post
        They weren’t even allowed to go pro till the 90s the kilts, Kostya, pirog, kovalev, Loma, usyk, Bivol, beterbiev. Plenty more are coming we havnt even seen the best yet.
        That dude is not worth your time man

Comment

I’m bad at love. Oooh ooh

Comment

Euro isnt really a style. Russia & UK are as different as US & Mexico...

Comment

Originally posted by larry glaskow View Post
              you out to weave to your right to get leverage with your right hook rather than pivoting because you have no power like that just because your 6'5 doesn't mean you can't do a quick weave like making a U with your head while moving your waist to get the power to your right hook . You still can get power to your jab with hand extended just throw the shoulder and turn fist with a whipping effect. Just imagine a whip when you throw that jab. Thats what my trainer told me when I throw my jab or right hand imagine a whip you turn it over than bring your hand right back . He was an Old school trainer from the 50's

Comment

Originally posted by larry glaskow View Post
                SNIP
                First of all, there is no such thing as a Eurostyle.

England, Ireland, Germany, Russia, Spain all have different styles. Having a lead hand extended doesn't give you a style either.

Many styles have a lead hand extended, Zombie style to start. Jones, Byrd, and may other Olympians used it.

This video is garbage and the fighter is ignorant. -1

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post

Hamed, Eubank, Benn, Froch are some of the best to lace em up in the last 30 years.
                  LMAOOOO!!

Did you post that with a straight face?....if not, that's hard proof of your incredibly biased and bad judgement.

Those are maybe some of the best B LEVEL fighters in the past 30 years....

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                    Exceptions? They are the some of the best fighters from Europe that aren't eastern euro, most of them are better than their eastern euro counterparts in fact.

Hamed, Eubank, Benn, Froch are some of the best to lace em up in the last 30 years.

Counteract that with Hopkins, Jones, May, Winky and nowadays the likes of Thurman, Porter, at times TC, DA et al who hardly go after opponents. Cmon man, dont be stupid.
                    I agree the guys you listed are great--I just don't think most Brits fight like Froch at all, for example, or eubank, or hamed. Those guys are all extremely unique. I;m not saying the brit style is bad, either. Luke campbell is a current fighter who fight VERY brit, but does it extremely well.

Comment

Originally posted by Legendary Hater View Post
                      LMAOOOO!!

Did you post that with a straight face?....if not, that's hard proof of your incredibly biased and bad judgement.

Those are maybe some of the best B LEVEL fighters in the past 30 years....
                      Froch is a B level fighter? How dare you!

Hamed didn't really fulfill his potential so in terms of career I'll give you that, but his fighting was A+++. One in a million fighter we'll never see the likes of again.

Comment

Working...
                      X