Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lomachenko Isn't Impressed With What He Has Done This Year

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loma is the boxing Messiah. He has come to this world to save boxing!

Comment

I was going to say, due to the lack of activity and lack of consistent, sequential top wins by fighter this year, that Lomachenko still deserves it just by virtue of having fought three times, gotten one elite win and making that opponent quit, and then making another plus opponent quit (Sosa knocked out prime Fortuna and beat faded Gamboa, which is two more decent wins than most B-sides in this year's fights have ever had), and making a decent opponent in Marriaga quit as well who had just given Valdez a lot of difficulty. The sheer domination of Lomachenko all year, how spectacular he looked, plus the fact he had three fights, plus the way he topped it off with the only pure domination of a P4P opponent any boxer has had all year and really in years, I was going to say that makes him FOTY.

But then I saw someone mention Sor Rung Visi, and I'd forgotten that both his fights vs Chocolatito were this year. I thought one of those was last year. So in that case, I think he could also get it. The problem is many people think he lost the first fight vs Chocolatito, who was at just as much a size disadvantage vs him as Rigondeaux was vs Lomachenko. So yeah on paper, Rung Visi has two top level wins this year, Loma only has one, but Rung Visi actually struggled much more with his smaller, elite opponent than Loma did with his. And size was clearly the biggest determining factor in that fight, unlike Lomachenko-Rigondeaux. And Chocolatito had already almost lost to Cuadras at that weight. Chocolatito was declining, and more than anything, fighting way above his weight. If Sor Rung Visi had done what a fighter of Lomachenko's caliber would have in that situation, and dominated Chocolatito from the start of their 1st fight, then he would be a shoe in this year. Or if they were the same size, but he won a competitive fight the first time and then knocked him out, he would be a shoe in. But to struggle with him the first fight despite being so much bigger... it muddies the water.

So I know what Lomachenko is saying about his own year, and how it could have been even better, but I think what he didn't do in the moment was actually survey what other boxers have done this year. No one stands out at all. Ward's second "win" over Kovalev was a corrupt embarrassing mess against an either momentarily past prime, or permanently past prime, Kovalev (we won't know until he faces a top guy and goes rounds), and that was Ward's only fight all year. GGG finally got the opponents he needed to win FOTY, but that's only because they saw he was declining in a significant way, and as a result, by the time he got those opponents, he was too slow to land his power consistently or at high enough velocity for it to be the same power that it used to be, and he did not KO either guy or even beat either guy super convincingly. He should won both fights, but he wasn't impressive in either except for the fact that he should have won against very good if not elite opponents. We may find out in the future that Jacobs size, reach, speed, skills, and power, the whole package, are elite at 160 now that he's in his prime, just like we may find out that Canelo's speed at middleweight is too much for guys to deal with, whereas at 154 smaller guys like Trout, Lara, and Floyd at the catchweight (Canelo was drained though) had tons of speed. At 160 it's rarer for guys to have speed like that, but Canelo does and he's even gotten much faster as he's reached his prime than he was when he fought those guys. But still, GGG looked old and did not dominate either fight.

So it's difficult to say. Its either Loma, or Sor Rung.
      Last edited by Boxing Logic; 12-12-2017, 11:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
        Who was Lomachenko fighting @ 23 years old?
        The best of the best. He already won a gold medal at the olympics and European and World championships at this age. And shortly after he won another gold medal and another world championship. No ducking, against the best possible opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by Squ□redCircle34 View Post
          I like Lomachenko, he tells it like it is and should be!

His fans are becoming annoying and on the path of the ggg fanatics fan club!

Even he says his year was unimpressive, Badou Jack or Rungvasi should get fighter of the year!

I heard Mikey is staying at 140 now that Crawford has moved up which I don't understand why!

There's no names at 140, Linares, Verdejo, Easter, Beltran and Loma are a bigger name than Progaris, Postol, Indongo and Terry Flanagan...well maybe not Postol but that's it!
          2019 Mikey Garcia vs Josh Taylor has the potential to be awesome if Taylor keeps progressing as he is. Thatll be the fight at 140.

Comment

Originally posted by skinnystev View Post
            where's that ugly little twerp jerkoff gervonta he's big for 130 or are floyd junior and al hymie "protecting" him
            I would like to know what you would say if Tank was to KO loma.

What would you say?

Comment

This guy tells it like it is. Much respect. I knew the whole time he'd beat Rigo fairly easy.

Not sure why so many flooded the boards here singing praises like it wasn't already obvious. This guy is made of the right stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Squ□redCircle34 View Post
                I like Lomachenko, he tells it like it is and should be!

His fans are becoming annoying and on the path of the ggg fanatics fan club!

Even he says his year was unimpressive, Badou Jack or Rungvasi should get fighter of the year!

I heard Mikey is staying at 140 now that Crawford has moved up which I don't understand why!

There's no names at 140, Linares, Verdejo, Easter, Beltran and Loma are a bigger name than Progaris, Postol, Indongo and Terry Flanagan...well maybe not Postol but that's it!
                Yeah the dude is pretty level headed. I liked what he said about fighting Rigo. When everyone thought he was scared.
                He wont be getting hyped up by his fans. He wants respect and he wants to earn it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                  Who was Lomachenko fighting @ 23 years old?
                  Kids at the Olympics....lol....Joke....someone should look into that....lol

Comment

that's wassup, its usually this way with a lot of these guys like him pac and GGG... they are really good guys who can fight but their fanatics ruin it for them and make it hard to fully back them

Comment

Originally posted by TheUntouchable View Post
                      The best of the best. He already won a gold medal at the olympics and European and World championships at this age. And shortly after he won another gold medal and another world championship. No ducking, against the best possible opponents.
                      His father was "protecting" him! Loma was born in 1988. If you do the math, he was 23 in 2011! He wasn't fighting Rigo, Gamboa, Mares, Donaire, Salido, or Broner in 2011, so stop with the "he was fighting the best possible opponents!" He was fighting the best AMATEUR OPPONENTS in 2011! Huge difference!

Comment

Working...
                      X