No announcement yet.

Fish Oil supplements

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fish Oil supplements

Does anyone take these supplements on daily basis and are there any ACTUAL benefits?

Have never taken them in my life before but I've been doing some research upon it and most of the reviews have been positive about the one I purchased.

Omega 3 Fish Oil take, I hope I didn't waste $30.

Originally posted by Quiksilva View Post
    Does anyone take these supplements on daily basis and are there any ACTUAL benefits?

Have never taken them in my life before but I've been doing some research upon it and most of the reviews have been positive about the one I purchased.

Omega 3 Fish Oil take, I hope I didn't waste $30.
    You spent way to much. I eat enough fish not to worry about it but I buy it for my dog...200 1 gram caps for about $10.

Comment

Prefer caps over the oil because they won't break down like the oil can do then oxidize.
      Also Vit. E is a great support with fish oil.

It is a good sup. for dogs also and the Vit.E along with Cos.10 does make a difference with canine.

Ray

Comment

I've taken it for 15+ years and noticed a few things.
        -Cheaper ones don't seem to be too great. I've had labs done when I was taking cheap stuff and when I was taking high potency and the difference showed up in my blood work.
        -Krill oil is a marketing sham. I felt like I had a drop off in benefits when I switched to it, despite all the positive claims.

My optometrist is one of the best in the country (literally) and he insisted I should try the Nordic Naturals. I resisted because I'm cheap. But, after taking it for a year between appointments, my vision (which isn't bad) actually improved. To the point the doc was really surprised. After the appointment I told him I'd switched to the Nordic oil and he gave me a big "I told you!"
        I also have less nagging knee pain when working out. Skin has been better too. I'm completely sold on the stuff.

It's ridiculously expensive so I keep an eye on ebay for "new listings" and get it for half of retail. Just watch the exp dates. Always buy fresh supps.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
          -Cheaper ones don't seem to be too great. I've had labs done when I was taking cheap stuff and when I was taking high potency and the difference showed up in my blood work.
          -Krill oil is a marketing sham. I felt like I had a drop off in benefits when I switched to it, despite all the positive claims.

My optometrist is one of the best in the country (literally) and he insisted I should try the Nordic Naturals. I resisted because I'm cheap. But, after taking it for a year between appointments, my vision (which isn't bad) actually improved. To the point the doc was really surprised. After the appointment I told him I'd switched to the Nordic oil and he gave me a big "I told you!"
          I also have less nagging knee pain when working out. Skin has been better too. I'm completely sold on the stuff.

It's ridiculously expensive so I keep an eye on ebay for "new listings" and get it for half of retail. Just watch the exp dates. Always buy fresh supps.
          Good post...I'm like you when it comes to spending money and also rely on ebay for the best deal. I've found some really good suppliers on ebay...one from Poland. It may take longer for delivery but many things are all sourced from the same China supplier anyways and the savings can be significant. I just check the reviews carefully.

*EDIT*

Just fed my dog...it was Jamieson I bought for around $10 US locally. Probably not the best but they are know for quality. Personally I eat at least one serving of fish a day so I think I get enough.
          Last edited by jaded; 12-08-2017, 07:45 PM.

Comment

What kind tho??

Comment

Originally posted by Bravado View Post
              What kind tho??
              I use the "Nordic Naturals Ultimate Omega". For 120 softgels (2 month supply), you should expect to pay around $27 on ebay (would be over $42 on Amazon and $50 in stores for the same thing). I'm using the D3 version this winter since I'm not out in the sun much now.

I just use this search and make sure you have "newly listed" selected in the drop down. Some of the best prices are on ones that are just listed with buy-it-now. I've got them as cheap as $20/bottle if I watch for days but $27 is a good price and you'll see those daily. That's $13.50/month and, for the benefits, there's no reason anyone should use them, unless you're like Jaded and eat a lot of fish. I used to eat a lot of fish but now I have a koi pond and I just don't have the heart to cook much fish anymore, lol.
              https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odk...e+120&_sacat=0

Just to note; it used to be that you could get your doc to prescribe pharma grade omega 3's (if he determined you could benefit). I'd do this and then get high-grade omega 3s for just a co-pay. I think they changed it now but if you have good health care, look into it, as you might be able to save some money.
              Last edited by Redd Foxx; 12-09-2017, 02:39 PM.

Comment

I use the "Nordic Naturals Ultimate Omega". For 120 softgels (2 month supply), you should expect to pay around $27 on ebay (would be over $42 on Amazon and $50 in stores for the same thing). I'm using the D3 version this winter since I'm not out in the sun much now.

I just use this search and make sure you have "newly listed" selected in the drop down. Some of the best prices are on ones that are just listed with buy-it-now. I've got them as cheap as $20/bottle if I watch for days but $27 is a good price and you'll see those daily. That's $13.50/month and, for the benefits, there's no reason anyone should use them, unless you're like Jaded and eat a lot of fish. I used to eat a lot of fish but now I have a koi pond and I just don't have the heart to cook much fish anymore, lol.
                https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odk...e+120&_sacat=0

Just to note; it used to be that you could get your doc to prescribe pharma grade omega 3's (if he determined you could benefit). I'd do this and then get high-grade omega 3s for just a co-pay. I think they changed it now but if you have good health care, look into it, as you might be able to save some money.
                How long did it take for you to realize that it was having a positive impact on your body compared to the cheaper omega 3 products you were taking? You sure it's not placebo?

You got me interested, but damn that stuffs expensive compared to other options.

Comment

Originally posted by Suup View Post
                  How long did it take for you to realize that it was having a positive impact on your body compared to the cheaper omega 3 products you were taking? You sure it's not placebo?

You got me interested, but damn that stuffs expensive compared to other options.
                  I went through 2 phases with the high-potency stuff and they went like this;

Doc noticed I had low LDL so he put me on prescription Omega 3. I soon noticed less knee pain when working out and my skin was smoother/healthier looking. Maybe 2 months. That could of course be credited to placebo but my labs showed a clear change in bloodwork.

A few years went by and I was back to the cheap stuff (self-employed, no healthcare). Optician talked me into the Nordic (was using krill). Again, noticed knee pain subside and skin improved (even when comparing photos from the previous year) after a few months. Optical appointment showed an improvement in vision from the previous year and I also stopped suffering from dry eyes when video gaming or working long hours. The dry eye thing was killing me, for several years, and the Nordic oil stopped it altogether. The krill and other oils weren't getting it done.

I'm not one of these, "take what I take" busy-body, online reviewer types. I'm really into nutrition (I have a background in nutrition) and try a lot of things, most of which I don't bother with again. But, when I find something I think is the goods, I'll try to help others by recommending.

It doesn't have to be Nordic, but of the research I've done, I found that getting Nordic on ebay was the most cost-effective way for me to get clean, high-potency omega 3s. I'm really cheap but I'm also picky about quality. If you can find something even better, go for it.

Comment

I went through 2 phases with the high-potency stuff and they went like this;

Doc noticed I had low LDL so he put me on prescription Omega 3. I soon noticed less knee pain when working out and my skin was smoother/healthier looking. Maybe 2 months. That could of course be credited to placebo but my labs showed a clear change in bloodwork.

A few years went by and I was back to the cheap stuff (self-employed, no healthcare). Optician talked me into the Nordic (was using krill). Again, noticed knee pain subside and skin improved (even when comparing photos from the previous year) after a few months. Optical appointment showed an improvement in vision from the previous year and I also stopped suffering from dry eyes when video gaming or working long hours. The dry eye thing was killing me, for several years, and the Nordic oil stopped it altogether. The krill and other oils weren't getting it done.

I'm not one of these, "take what I take" busy-body, online reviewer types. I'm really into nutrition (I have a background in nutrition) and try a lot of things, most of which I don't bother with again. But, when I find something I think is the goods, I'll try to help others by recommending.

It doesn't have to be Nordic, but of the research I've done, I found that getting Nordic on ebay was the most cost-effective way for me to get clean, high-potency omega 3s. I'm really cheap but I'm also picky about quality. If you can find something even better, go for it.
                    Nice, I also suffer from dry eyes, especially toward the end of the day.

Think I'm gonna give it a shot. I don't really use ebay, I'm more of an Amazon guy with prime and all that. I'll probably try getting it there first and use ebay later if I like it.

These both are the top choices on Amazon with great reviews on both, you say the "Ultimate Omega" version is best?

Nordic Naturals - Ultimate Omega, Support for a Healthy Heart, 180 Soft Gels (FFP)

vs

Nordic Naturals - Omega-3, Cognition, Heart Health, and Immune Support

Comment

Working...
                    X