Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why B.J. Penn would **** up any boxer from 147-160 in a streetfight......

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lame video.

Comment

Originally posted by bsrizpac View Post
      In every scenario other than the beach at Rio or a middle school playground, Penn gets ****ed up. Period. Its not going to the ground

IN MMA he's a badass. I love watching Penn. Am a huge fan, just wish he'd stop being a fatass and ruining his potential.

You have no logical reasoning for the post other than the "ground game". I've gone over why that doesn't work over an over again.

Also what's with you and fat overweight fighters? Tito, Tua, Penn? You love the lardos.
      How would Penn not be able to take it to the ground? History says your wrong. I can't recall any MMA fight where a pure striker managed to keep the fight standing without having spent a long time training takedown defense in advance. The only fighter to have come from a pure striking background and become a top MMA fighter is Mirko Crocop, and he only achieved that with a long long time spent training wrestling.

The only times a grappler gets knocked out trying for a takedown have been through knee strikes, such as in Gomi vs Ralph Gracie, Hansen vs Imanari, Anderson Silva vs Carlos Newton.

About keeping the fight standing, David Haye did an interview in a UK MMA magazine recently and gave his thoughts on the differences in striking styles between MMA and boxing, and defending takedowns as a boxer:

"A traditional boxer can't get off with the same punches he'd be able to throw in a boxing match. You have to consider getting hit with fists, legs and takedowns. Balence-wise, and in terms of leverage, the two styles of punching are completely different. In MMA, you're always moving and changing angles to avoid shots, clinches and takedowns. That automatically takes away the balence and the moment to set you'd need as a boxer"

"Unless you adapt to the kind of stand-up needed in MMA, you'll get taken down as soon as you set your feet up to throw a big shot. A boxer wouldn't be as effective punching wise in an MMA contest as he would be in a boxing ring. A lot of boxers don't realise that and think they can just turn up and bomb the MMA guy out. While there's always a chance of that happening, it's only a slim chance."

"I'd sometimes play games with MMA guys down the gym where I'd attempt to get off a clean shot before they could take me down. They would usually take me down eight times out of ten. I'd land my shot only twice in ten attempts"

Comment

Working...
      X