No announcement yet.

promoter of the year golden boy?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• promoter of the year golden boy?

So with most of the big names being striiped from the company oscar and golden by gave us some great moments in boxing this year

They gave us

Conelo vs cotto
    they gave us fight of the year with vargas and tmikykey
    they gave us a new HEAVY weight to forward to
    they worked with other promoters top rank and other to end the cold war
    They put there tops fighter in real dangerious fight

Thank you golden boy much much appreciated for the effort you put in for the sport of boxing

Thank you golden boy for giving us the fans what we want!

All you other promoters/advisers take note, stop babying your fighters.

Comment

Not to mention is currently in the works to make Canelo/GGG next year! Much props to GBP and Oscar Delahoya.

Comment

... promoter of the year golden boy?

... No way: Al Haymon & Bob Arum...

Comment

Huck-Glowacki ****s all over Cotto-Canelo
          but GB has had a good year. I wouldn't say great since 1 of 2 of there ppvs flopped severely. All promoters work with multiple promoters so I don't see anything special with that. Let's stop being fanboys of promoters and be fans of boxing.
          They gave us a almost 40yr old roided up cheating heavyweight. If he had to cheat to beat a guy like Lateef Kayode then that should tell you something. Y'all don't give other fighters a pass for being a CHEATER.So tell me why is Luis Ortiz any different? Is it because he's not aligned with a certain person? I can 100% guarantee if Wilder got suspended for cheating we would NEVER hear the end of it on here.
          Last edited by THEFRESHBRAWLER; 12-24-2015, 11:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
            Huck-Glowacki ****s all over Cotto-Canelo
            but GB has had a good year. I wouldn't say great since 1 of 2 of there ppvs flopped severely. All promoters work with multiple promoters so I don't see anything special with that. Let's stop being fanboys of promoters and be fans of boxing.
            They gave us a almost 40yr old roided up cheating heavyweight. If he had to cheat to beat a guy like Lateef Kayode then that should tell you something. Y'all don't give other fighters a pass for being a CHEATER.So tell me why is Luis Ortiz any different? Is it because he's not aligned with a certain person? I can 100% guarantee if Wilder got suspended for cheating we would NEVER hear the end of it on here.

Ortiz and jenning did vada and passed what more can i ask for? Im no fan boy of no one i would have gave pbc promoter if we would have gotten thurman vs porter this year but we didnt get that

The man got all his ripped from under his whos and still manage to leave an impact on the sport

Comment

Golden Boy was already voted Promoter of the year today by Sports Illustrated today. They won it last year and are the favorites to win it again by all outlets that give out these awards. And Haymon is not a promoter so he's not even eligible. Golden Boy has put on better and more relevant fights in 2015 then any other promoter. Top Rank is probably the toughest competition for Promoter of the Year. But Golden Boy edges them out.

"De La Hoya who won Promoter of the Year in 2014 made a promise to continue to bring the best possible fights to the fans in 2015. By Oscar signing David Lemieux and resigning Lucas Matthysse in January, De La Hoya was able to keep his promise by bringing fans fights such as Lucas Matthysse vs. Ruslan Provodnikov, Canelo Alvarez vs. James Kirkland Jorge Linares vs. Kevin Mitchell, Francisco Vargas vs. Will Tomlinson, Sadam Ali vs. Francisco Santana, Humberto Soto vs. Antonio Orozco, Rocky Juárez vs. Robinson Castellanos, Hassan N’Dam vs. David Lemieux, Vyacheslav Shabranskyy vs. Paul Parker, Miguel Cotto vs. Canelo Alvarez, Lucas Matthysse vs. Viktor Postol, Takashi Miura vs. Francisco Vargas, and Saturday Luis Ortiz vs. Bryant Jennings."

http://ringsidereport.com/?p=57257

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                ... promoter of the year golden boy?

... No way: Al Haymon & Bob Arum...
                Harmon is not a promoter, not sure what he really is at this point

Comment

Originally posted by Joey_Torreo View Post
                  Harmon is not a promoter, not sure what he really is at this point
                  Yes, but isn't some entity suing him because of some sort of "promoting"?

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                    Yes, but isn't some entity suing him because of some sort of "promoting"?
                    Haymon is in court fighting two mega lawsuits right now arguing that he IS NOT A PROMOTER. He legally is registered as a Manager but he does more then Manager so hides under the phony title "Adviser". It's illegal for one person to act as both Manager and Promoter if he's found to be doing both he will have to pay hundreds of Millions of dollars in damages. He's been operating under that vague loop hole of Adviser so he's not eligible for promoter of the year and he hires a revolving door of shame promoters to be the front man of his PBC shows. So I don't know how you can pick anyone of the promoters he "uses" for PBC to win this award either.

Comment

Working...
                    X