No announcement yet.

The Lucas Matthysse versus Vivian Harris fight is one of the most

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
    Frank Sucketts has officially taken my #1 spot as Matthysse's nuthugger.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
    Ironic coming from someone that spent the first 3 months on this site only posting about Mayweather and Broner.

Comment

Originally posted by robust_ View Post
      That was a horrific stoppage lol.

Matthysse's eye was pretty bad.
      I do not blame Matthysse. The ref is even warning Vivian of something. He warned Viv a couple of times too and Viv looks at him weird. It seemed like he was saying, "Open your guard and let Matthysse hit you" or something lol, j/k.

Comment

That's why refs should not have discretion to stop fights without a count to at least 8. Boxing should only have a no standing 8 count rule in title fights.

Comment

LOL! You have to let it go Franky, youre losing it man
          The ref. did what he had to do, he was taking brutal punishment and had no answers to what Matthysse was doing to him. Its not up to him to keep getting hit until left with brain damage. That's why we have refs and docs in boxing.
          Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
          I do not blame Matthysse. The ref is even warning Vivian of something. He warned Viv a couple of times too and Viv looks at him weird. It seemed like he was saying, "Open your guard and let Matthysse hit you" or something lol, j/k.
          Seems he told him to fight back. Vivien was there just taking punishment. If a fight isnt defending himself, or inst fighting any more just getting his butt kicked then the fight is over. The referee had no "dog on this fight" so to speak, being the 3rd man in the ring he likely saw something about Harris that the rest of us didnt, like Smoger said when he looked into Petersons fight. I usually give the reff the benefit of the doubt if he's no clealry favoring a fighter becuase he's theone the sees whats going on the best, much better than us watchin on TV. It wouldnt be the first time that somoene was left with brain damage or dead because a fight was stopped 5 seconds too late.
          Last edited by FerFAL; 08-04-2013, 04:49 PM.

Comment

Bad stoppage. It was only the fourth round. Hard to imagine Vivian lasting much longer, but he deserved a chance.

Comment

I expect Frank to be busy all night September 14th deleting his posts and threads.

Comment

Originally posted by WARQUEZ
                I expect Frank to be busy all night September 14th deleting his posts and threads.
                No silly, the mods will be doing that for him.

Comment

I'm surprised Sucketts hasn't accused Smoger too.

Comment

Ive seen it a few times and the stoppage gets no better Lucas was winning but still though he was down too one eye which is a obviously a big disadvantage

Comment

Originally posted by any craic lad? View Post
                      Ive seen it a few times and the stoppage gets no better Lucas was winning but still though he was down too one eye which is a obviously a big disadvantage
                      Like what was the ref thinking? He was even trying to reach in and take Harris's mouthpiece out. WTF!!! I would've lost it and probably Judah'd his ass lol. That's what happens when you get a bad ref who has the discretion to stop fights. That was a combo Matthysse landed, and Harris fell in as fighters do to avoid another overhand right, and the ref waves the fight off!?

Comment

Working...
                      X