No announcement yet.

Did jesus even exist??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yuricane View Post
    if he really existed then why so much plagiarism and copycat stories from persian gods, egyptian, greek and indian
    seems to me christians are a bunch of plagiarist with creative thinking and cannot come up with something original with their dumb religion,..

Orrrrrr if its not broke dont fix it.....

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus Sully View Post
      Thomas jefferson didnt think jesus existed

http://www.angelfire.com/co/Jefferso.../jeffbsyl.html

he still felt it was the most perfect set of morals ever taught by man.
      I disagree, as does Bertrand Russell. I believe that Socrates and Buddha were both more virtuous than Christ (if you are familiar with the trail of Socrates you would most likely agree with me). I believe that there were defects in Christ's teaching. To claim a moral set as "perfect" it tells me that Jefferson was not well-schooled in philosophical issues regarding morality because "perfect morality" is quite impossible.

Comment

Originally posted by winky's right View Post
        I disagree, as does Bertrand Russell. I believe that Socrates and Buddha were both more virtuous than Christ (if you are familiar with the trail of Socrates you would most likely agree with me). I believe that there were defects in Christ's teaching. To claim a moral set as "perfect" it tells me that Jefferson was not well-schooled in philosophical issues regarding morality because "perfect morality" is quite impossible.
        most perfect....not perfect.

"Notwithstanding these disadvantages, a system of morals is presented to us which, if filled up in the style and spirit of the rich fragments he left us, would be the most perfect and sublime that has ever been taught by man."

i guess he didnt view it as the most perfect but what could of been the most perfect.

he dosnt really say anything about buddah but as far as socrates and the other philophers

"I. Philosophers.

1. Their precepts related chiefly to ourselves, and the government of those passions which, unrestrained, would disturb our tranquillity of mind.[Note] In this branch of philosophy they were really great.

2. In developing our duties to others, they were short and defective. They embraced, indeed, the circles of kindred and friends, and inculcated patriotism, or the love of our country in the aggregate, as a primary obligation: towards our neighbors and countrymen they taught justice, but scarcely viewed them as within the circle of benevolence. Still less have they inculcated peace, charity and love to our fellow men, or embraced with benevolence the whole family of mankind. "

and id have to agree with that view on philophers and socrates. though buddah id put in the same class as jesus.
        Last edited by Spartacus Sully; 04-19-2011, 05:07 AM.

Comment

Jesus exist...he is banned ATM.

Comment

Originally posted by Marcov View Post
            Almost every religion and even atheists and scientists believe he existed. The question that troubles you is was he the son of God.
            he lived and died historical fact.more so that most historical facts.
            but did he come out of that tomb ?
            answer that question and you will know the truth about this life.
            good luck

Comment

Originally posted by Yuricane View Post
              Dionysus

Son of a God Zeus
              Zeus had sex wid his mother
              A divine savior in the greek epics
              Turns water into wine
              Feeds starving people with berries and herbs
              Cult of dionysus symbolic food is bread and wine
              Rode a donkey into a town

Has a disciple Acoetes who was a fisherman like peter. He was freed from jail when the doors miraculously flew open like in the case of peter..

Was killed went to hades and was brought back to life again

Mithras

Known as the light of the world
              A divine savior
              Mithral communal meal = bread and wine
              Was born on december 25 in a cave with animals
              Member of the zoroastrian Divine Trinity

Osiris

Son of a God and Godess
              Was killed and brought back to life again
              Descendes into hades
              Became divine judge of dead souls and gatekeeper into the afterlife

Horus

Son of Osiris
              Walked on water
              Raised a dead man(El-Azarus) from the grave in front of many people

True, but lets not forget Dionysus/Bacchus also had some aspects that were later given to Satan himself. He was depicted with a head of a bull, WITH HORNS, his worshippers engaged in drunken sex orgies and lived in sin, his women worshippers were crazy murderous bitxes which tore people apart in their frenzy...lots of UNDIVINE stuff here. Also, snakes are associated with his cult. The very symbol of Satan. Still, its true that Jesus was just a myth based on various older myths.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus Sully View Post
                does his existance change the revelance of his words?
                I think the point is that they were not 'his words'. So the thread is more about the worship and 'truth' of Christ than it is about the meaning of 'his' words.

But ur right. Fiction can inspire as much as fact.

Comment

You're right in that an intellectually honest atheist must also be a moral nihilist (no moral truths exist). .
                  Im always out of my depth in these discussions, but are all atheists also nihilists? I thought not.

Comment

Of course he existed it's his significance that is up for debate.

Comment

You're right in that an intellectually honest atheist must also be a moral nihilist (no moral truths exist). This does not mean that humanity will turn to chaos, as human are social creatures who are biologically and psychologically hardwired to live in social harmony (we do not have an 'evil' nature per-se; rather than a social one).
                      i missed this, im not saying that with out a god everything is going to turn to chaos.

im saying that i could of said all the stuff jesus said buddishts could have said it any one could have said it, its still good advice.

Comment

Working...
                      X