Forum Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Boxing Scene Lounge

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-16-2019, 09:23 PM #161
megas30 megas30 is offline
Greatness!!
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 6,079
Quoted: 2937 Post(s)
Rep Power: 27
megas30 has a reputation beyond reputemegas30 has a reputation beyond reputemegas30 has a reputation beyond reputemegas30 has a reputation beyond reputemegas30 has a reputation beyond reputemegas30 has a reputation beyond reputemegas30 has a reputation beyond reputemegas30 has a reputation beyond reputemegas30 has a reputation beyond reputemegas30 has a reputation beyond reputemegas30 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 39,923.10
Bank: 1,439.20
Total Points: 41,362.30
Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil Thanks for the link - hectari good post! - -jose- No Message - -jose- f*ck racism, cheers! - ,GGG 
That is a good find The Manipulated Mang - hectari 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleJ View Post
:

Cool story. Shouldn't be hard for you to find the stats showing it's one of the safest professions then. How long should I wait?
1. [Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.]

2. [Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.]

3. [Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.]

4. [Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.]

Being a police is not as dangerous as people proclaimed. Police are the "baddest men" on the street.
megas30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 09:40 PM #162
GhostofDempsey GhostofDempsey is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 13,311
Quoted: 8872 Post(s)
Rep Power: 51
GhostofDempsey has a reputation beyond reputeGhostofDempsey has a reputation beyond reputeGhostofDempsey has a reputation beyond reputeGhostofDempsey has a reputation beyond reputeGhostofDempsey has a reputation beyond reputeGhostofDempsey has a reputation beyond reputeGhostofDempsey has a reputation beyond reputeGhostofDempsey has a reputation beyond reputeGhostofDempsey has a reputation beyond reputeGhostofDempsey has a reputation beyond reputeGhostofDempsey has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 292,199.59
Bank: 1,482.92
Total Points: 293,682.51
Top Rated Poster - ironmt Here Is to another great post - ironmt For calling it like it is - 1bad65 Great comment, sir. - Tony Trick-Pony Great points, man - Tony Trick-Pony 
:lol1: - Szef Well said, man - Tony Trick-Pony Great post, man! - Tony Trick-Pony 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - desktop 0 Gay and Lesbian Pride - desktop 0 Gay and Lesbian Pride - desktop 0 Gay and Lesbian Pride - desktop 0 Gay and Lesbian Pride - desktop 0 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - desktop 0 Gay and Lesbian Pride - desktop 0 
Default

There is a twist in the case of the Texas woman who was shot through a window in her own home and killed by a Fort Worth police officer. He was at the home because neighbors reported the doors open.

The officer has been charged with murder and the community is infuriated. However, the 8-year-old nephew of Atatiana Jefferson, who was in the room with her at the time, told authorities that his aunt took her handgun from her purse and pointed it “toward the window” just before she was struck by a bullet fired by Aaron Dean, who resigned from the police department, according to The Dallas Morning News.

The nephew was playing computer games with her at 2:30 a.m. when she heard noises outside the house and reached for her gun. She pointed it at the window when she was shot.

The Dallas Morning News reported that Officers did not announce their presence and found the front and side interior doors open.

[Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.]
GhostofDempsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 12:25 AM #163
Curtis Harper Curtis Harper is online now
Successful As HELL !
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 12,437
Quoted: 5302 Post(s)
Rep Power: 27
Curtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 260,250.09
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 260,250.09
Let me start you off, cuz. - Bobby Deez There ya go lad - lparm Cheers to black unicorns!!! - Outworn "enjoy" - MinuteMaid5 Prescribed - MinuteMaid5 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
There is a twist in the case of the Texas woman who was shot through a window in her own home and killed by a Fort Worth police officer. He was at the home because neighbors reported the doors open.

The officer has been charged with murder and the community is infuriated. However, the 8-year-old nephew of Atatiana Jefferson, who was in the room with her at the time, told authorities that his aunt took her handgun from her purse and pointed it “toward the window” just before she was struck by a bullet fired by Aaron Dean, who resigned from the police department, according to The Dallas Morning News.

The nephew was playing computer games with her at 2:30 a.m. when she heard noises outside the house and reached for her gun. She pointed it at the window when she was shot.

The Dallas Morning News reported that Officers did not announce their presence and found the front and side interior doors open.

[Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.]
How did the gun end up on the dresser if she was pointing it at them ?
Curtis Harper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 12:36 AM #164
TripleJ TripleJ is offline
Contender
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 443
Quoted: 247 Post(s)
Rep Power: 3
TripleJ has a reputation beyond reputeTripleJ has a reputation beyond reputeTripleJ has a reputation beyond reputeTripleJ has a reputation beyond reputeTripleJ has a reputation beyond reputeTripleJ has a reputation beyond reputeTripleJ has a reputation beyond reputeTripleJ has a reputation beyond reputeTripleJ has a reputation beyond reputeTripleJ has a reputation beyond reputeTripleJ has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 15,935.63
Bank: 1,453.63
Total Points: 17,389.26
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by megas30 View Post
1. [Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.]

2. [Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.]

3. [Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.]

4. [Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.]

Being a police is not as dangerous as people proclaimed. Police are the "baddest men" on the street.
This is ridiculous. You say it's one of the safest jobs a person can have and your first example is a list of the 25 most dangerous jobs..... where it's listed.... You can't make up that kind of stupid. The next three articles you give only talk about a fatality rate, what about the other 28,000 injuries your first article listed? Out of all those dangerous jobs it's got the second highest injury count. I bet that sounds safe to you. How times is an officer in a life threatening situation where he walks away unscathed? Because he survives it means it was never a danger to him? One of your articles lists it's safer to be a cop because of advances in medicine that can now save an officer who would have otherwise died.... you get what that means right? A SEVERELY INJURED OFFICER WHO ALMOST DIED.

Try again.

Try much, much harder.

Last edited by TripleJ; 10-17-2019 at 12:41 AM.
TripleJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 01:57 AM #165
megas30 megas30 is offline
Greatness!!
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 6,079
Quoted: 2937 Post(s)
Rep Power: 27
megas30 has a reputation beyond reputemegas30 has a reputation beyond reputemegas30 has a reputation beyond reputemegas30 has a reputation beyond reputemegas30 has a reputation beyond reputemegas30 has a reputation beyond reputemegas30 has a reputation beyond reputemegas30 has a reputation beyond reputemegas30 has a reputation beyond reputemegas30 has a reputation beyond reputemegas30 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 39,923.10
Bank: 1,439.20
Total Points: 41,362.30
Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil Thanks for the link - hectari good post! - -jose- No Message - -jose- f*ck racism, cheers! - ,GGG 
That is a good find The Manipulated Mang - hectari 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleJ View Post
This is ridiculous. You say it's one of the safest jobs a person can have and your first example is a list of the 25 most dangerous jobs..... where it's listed.... You can't make up that kind of stupid. The next three articles you give only talk about a fatality rate, what about the other 28,000 injuries your first article listed? Out of all those dangerous jobs it's got the second highest injury count. I bet that sounds safe to you. How times is an officer in a life threatening situation where he walks away unscathed? Because he survives it means it was never a danger to him? One of your articles lists it's safer to be a cop because of advances in medicine that can now save an officer who would have otherwise died.... you get what that means right? A SEVERELY INJURED OFFICER WHO ALMOST DIED.

Try again.

Try much, much harder.

"Cops have one the safest profession. Policing has never been in any top 10 dangerous jobs"

^^^This is was my total argument, them being not cracking any top ten dangerous list. So, you cannot blame me for you not grasping my full argument. Forget I am dealing with people who I have to spell things out for. It is one of the safest compared to professions listed. Like any job, there is some element of risk involved. Even freaking lawyers and doctors are at risk.

Now, recheck my posting, and show me where policing is placed in any "top ten" dangerous list?
megas30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 07:56 AM #166
TripleJ TripleJ is offline
Contender
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 443
Quoted: 247 Post(s)
Rep Power: 3
TripleJ has a reputation beyond reputeTripleJ has a reputation beyond reputeTripleJ has a reputation beyond reputeTripleJ has a reputation beyond reputeTripleJ has a reputation beyond reputeTripleJ has a reputation beyond reputeTripleJ has a reputation beyond reputeTripleJ has a reputation beyond reputeTripleJ has a reputation beyond reputeTripleJ has a reputation beyond reputeTripleJ has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 15,935.63
Bank: 1,453.63
Total Points: 17,389.26
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by megas30 View Post
"Cops have one the safest profession. Policing has never been in any top 10 dangerous jobs"

^^^This is was my total argument, them being not cracking any top ten dangerous list. So, you cannot blame me for you not grasping my full argument. Forget I am dealing with people who I have to spell things out for. It is one of the safest compared to professions listed. Like any job, there is some element of risk involved. Even freaking lawyers and doctors are at risk.

Now, recheck my posting, and show me where policing is placed in any "top ten" dangerous list?

Your argument contradicts itself. Just because it isn't one of the 10 most dangerous jobs doesn't automatically make it one of the safest. You can't be that stupid. You literally gave me a list of the 25 most dangerous jobs an amercian can have and it was ranked 14 based on fatalities, and SECOND in on the job injuries. You broke your own argument with the very first link you gave.

If all you can do is bury your own argument with your own links feel free to tuck your tail and give up your stupid, stupid point.
TripleJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 08:40 AM #167
TripleJ TripleJ is offline
Contender
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 443
Quoted: 247 Post(s)
Rep Power: 3
TripleJ has a reputation beyond reputeTripleJ has a reputation beyond reputeTripleJ has a reputation beyond reputeTripleJ has a reputation beyond reputeTripleJ has a reputation beyond reputeTripleJ has a reputation beyond reputeTripleJ has a reputation beyond reputeTripleJ has a reputation beyond reputeTripleJ has a reputation beyond reputeTripleJ has a reputation beyond reputeTripleJ has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 15,935.63
Bank: 1,453.63
Total Points: 17,389.26
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by megas30 View Post
"Cops have one the safest profession. Policing has never been in any top 10 dangerous jobs"

^^^This is was my total argument, them being not cracking any top ten dangerous list. So, you cannot blame me for you not grasping my full argument. Forget I am dealing with people who I have to spell things out for. It is one of the safest compared to professions listed. Like any job, there is some element of risk involved. Even freaking lawyers and doctors are at risk.

Now, recheck my posting, and show me where policing is placed in any "top ten" dangerous list?
[Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.]

Officer was never injured or killed..... so that means he was never in ANY danger according to you? Right?!? Won't show up on your fatality list. Just another perfectly safe day in one of the safest jobs anyone can have.

Last edited by TripleJ; 10-17-2019 at 08:44 AM.
TripleJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 08:49 AM #168
Thraxox Thraxox is online now
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 8,697
Quoted: 5502 Post(s)
Rep Power: 25
Thraxox has a reputation beyond reputeThraxox has a reputation beyond reputeThraxox has a reputation beyond reputeThraxox has a reputation beyond reputeThraxox has a reputation beyond reputeThraxox has a reputation beyond reputeThraxox has a reputation beyond reputeThraxox has a reputation beyond reputeThraxox has a reputation beyond reputeThraxox has a reputation beyond reputeThraxox has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 63,810.67
Bank: 1,475.33
Total Points: 65,286.00
You have some nice nipples there. - Vegemil First Rate Poster - ironmt Use a small dildo you Butthurt pac turd - Robbie Barrett Continually making great posts - ironmt Keep defending the word, Brother! - StarshipTrooper 
Bob Arum dollas... - Tony Trick-Pony Thanks, bruh... - Tony Trick-Pony Great post, bro... - Tony Trick-Pony Cheers, bruh!! - Tony Trick-Pony 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Willy Wanker 
Default

That is straight up murder. I hope thwy get justice for this.
Thraxox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 09:30 AM #169
Thraxox Thraxox is online now
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 8,697
Quoted: 5502 Post(s)
Rep Power: 25
Thraxox has a reputation beyond reputeThraxox has a reputation beyond reputeThraxox has a reputation beyond reputeThraxox has a reputation beyond reputeThraxox has a reputation beyond reputeThraxox has a reputation beyond reputeThraxox has a reputation beyond reputeThraxox has a reputation beyond reputeThraxox has a reputation beyond reputeThraxox has a reputation beyond reputeThraxox has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 63,810.67
Bank: 1,475.33
Total Points: 65,286.00
You have some nice nipples there. - Vegemil First Rate Poster - ironmt Use a small dildo you Butthurt pac turd - Robbie Barrett Continually making great posts - ironmt Keep defending the word, Brother! - StarshipTrooper 
Bob Arum dollas... - Tony Trick-Pony Thanks, bruh... - Tony Trick-Pony Great post, bro... - Tony Trick-Pony Cheers, bruh!! - Tony Trick-Pony 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Willy Wanker 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szef View Post
He copied and pasted an article you autistic neanderthal
I cant believe his actually defending murder
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.
. I get this trump supporters and usually side with them but it seems like he can't see past the political spectrum.
Thraxox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 10:31 AM #170
GhostofDempsey GhostofDempsey is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 13,311
Quoted: 8872 Post(s)
Rep Power: 51
GhostofDempsey has a reputation beyond reputeGhostofDempsey has a reputation beyond reputeGhostofDempsey has a reputation beyond reputeGhostofDempsey has a reputation beyond reputeGhostofDempsey has a reputation beyond reputeGhostofDempsey has a reputation beyond reputeGhostofDempsey has a reputation beyond reputeGhostofDempsey has a reputation beyond reputeGhostofDempsey has a reputation beyond reputeGhostofDempsey has a reputation beyond reputeGhostofDempsey has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 292,199.59
Bank: 1,482.92
Total Points: 293,682.51
Top Rated Poster - ironmt Here Is to another great post - ironmt For calling it like it is - 1bad65 Great comment, sir. - Tony Trick-Pony Great points, man - Tony Trick-Pony 
:lol1: - Szef Well said, man - Tony Trick-Pony Great post, man! - Tony Trick-Pony 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - desktop 0 Gay and Lesbian Pride - desktop 0 Gay and Lesbian Pride - desktop 0 Gay and Lesbian Pride - desktop 0 Gay and Lesbian Pride - desktop 0 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - desktop 0 Gay and Lesbian Pride - desktop 0 
Default

The plot thickens...

The white police officer who fatally shot black Texas woman Atatiana Jefferson through her window wasn’t sent on a welfare check after all — but instead on a call that cops often handle as a potential burglary, according to a new report.

Police were called to Jefferson’s home early Saturday after a neighbor noticed her door was left open and grew concerned, according to initial reports.

But now, authorities are probing what former Fort Worth police officer Aaron Dean and his partner were told before they responded to Jefferson’s home, CNN reported.




see also







Atatiana Jefferson grabbed gun after hearing noise outside: warrant



“The information came from the neighbor to the call-takers and while it was relayed to the dispatch, it was determined to be an open structure call,” Fort Worth interim Police Chief Ed Kraus told reporters on Tuesday, according to the network.

Experts told the outlet that the “open structure” classification escalated the situation beyond a welfare check — impacting the way the officers responded. Those types of calls could refer to a burglary or another crime, according to the report.

Welfare checks often involved medical emergencies, check-ups on the elderly or hard-to-reach relatives. In those situations, cops normally knock on the door and wait for an answer.

But when responding to “open structure” or “open door” calls, officers think differently, Michael “Britt” London, president of the Phoenix Law Enforcement Association, told CNN.

“You are at a higher sensitivity to what is going on with that house,” London said. “You have to be ready for anything. You are taking more of your environment in consideration to be ready for a surprise if there’s one.”

Neighbor James Smith, 62, who made the original call to a non-emergency police number to request a check-up on Jefferson, told The Fort Worth Star-Telegram he “never mentioned” anything about a burglary.

[Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.]
GhostofDempsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share This With Friends

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump

 

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:46 AM.