Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Eubank: Surreal Seeing Mayweather at Strip Club at 5 a.m. in Camp

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
    Badou Jack says different, imo. Talent will always end up breaking through, and the guys actually signed to Floyd (Ishe, Badou, J'Leon, Gavril, Tabiti, etc) seem to be pretty well grounded.

Affiliated fights get to a different conversation.
    I know one of the guys you listed personally. Trust me, that lifestyle is hard to ignore. It's tough to stay grounded in that bubble. Jack is a different situation all together. Truly an individual.

Comment

Gervonta davies be shot to shiiit either in the ring or out of it in few years bad vibes round that boy no chance he fulfills his boxing potenial

Comment

Mayweather sleeps during the day. He has always trained weird hours. Here's the thing though, on fight night you usually don't start round 1 until close to midnight. So wouldn't you want to be train your body to be active from midnight to 2?

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny2x2x View Post
          Mayweather sleeps during the day. He has always trained weird hours. Here's the thing though, on fight night you usually don't start round 1 until close to midnight. So wouldn't you want to be train your body to be active from midnight to 2?
          why you gotta justify it for?? so what if it disnt train, lack of training, etc. he beat conor, that's all that matters. stop trying to justify everything he does.

Comment

Originally posted by Squ□redCircle34 View Post

Tank needs to be checked soon, seems too entitled as if he cleaned out 130 and 135!

I think Badou Jack is someone Tank should be around more, a champ who takes every fight seriously, was knocked out by a journeyman and then went to beat some of the best in his division with a solid resume to boot!

It would help both out, Tank getting an active champ who knows the rigors of pro boxing and the downfalls to ground him and Jack getting more spotlight on his name!
            They're both soft-spoken guys but other than that completely different personalities LOL. Jack is a very mild-mannered, humble, serious guy who could give a **** about being in the limelight whereas Tank - though a very nice kid in my experiences with him - is much more temperamental, c*cky, and has visions of being the next PPV superstar. Jack is more mature and much more grounded, especially now that he has a family with his wife and young kid.

Ran into Jack at the MGM walking around by himself 90 minutes or so after the Canelo/GGG fight. Figured he went to the fight at the T-Mobile Arena nearby but he told me he actually watched the fight from home with his wife and kid...

Comment

What was Eubank doing out at that hour?

Comment

Originally posted by harwri008 View Post
                I think Mayweather is one of those people that don't need a lot of sleep. I know a few people that will stay up all night, get a few hours sleep, and function better than most the next day. Fortunately for Mayweather it never caught up with him. Tank will learn one way or the other if this kind of lifestyle is sustainable.
                The thing is Mayweather has his own schedule he doesn't live his life like most of us who get up early go to work then we come home then do whatever you have to do or relax then go to sleep. He goes to sleep around 6 am wakes up around 2 or 3 pm that's how hes able to train in the middle of the night and that how he can be out at 5 am without it having an affect on him.

Comment

Floyd's crack den and collection of crack hoes can't do "business" until the Health Department is closed.

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
                    I know one of the guys you listed personally. Trust me, that lifestyle is hard to ignore. It's tough to stay grounded in that bubble. Jack is a different situation all together. Truly an individual.
                    Maybe so, but this is coming from the outside looking in. For the folks signed with Floyd, I have no doubt that he's got them in cool little apartments/homes in Las Vegas (unless they've earned enough to have their own places), the fighters have access to the gym near 24/7, and there are perks/appearances that folks have to make by simply being tied to Floyd.

The discipline needed is a lot, but it's not like it's impossible to do. Jack, Gavril, Kevin Newman, J'Leon, Tabiti, Ishe Smith and others seem to handle it okay. Broner not really being "about boxing" likely derailed him more than anything, and Gervonta Davis, fighting like heck to stay as the beacon of his city, will likely have more chances to slip up on his path too.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickmerch1990 View Post
                      Gervonta davies be shot to shiiit either in the ring or out of it in few years bad vibes round that boy no chance he fulfills his boxing potenial
                      He'll be fine as long as he sticks with Coach Ford (or if he does move, move to a coach whose philosophy he buys into) and moves out of Baltimore (he doesn't have to head all the way out to Las Vegas, but he should've made enough so far to get his mom a cool place to stay in downtown Baltimore and also have his own spot downtown, with eyes on a starter house in the suburbs in the near future).

Beyond that, how high is his boxing potential really? He's just about done growing, and the frame that he's got seems perfectly suited for 130/135lbs, with fights at 140 being Davis fighting over his head.

He's got a TV friendly style, has Floyd's backing, and is facing a political situation that basically protects his star at 130lbs (whether he's good enough to beat Lomachenko isn't the question here; the coming disclosure for Loma-Rigo will give us a good grasp of the money in play to try to secure a fighter that Floyd seems pretty well content to slowly develop on Showtime).

Let the story play out

Comment

Working...
                      X