No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL: Donald Trump thread.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
    So let me start with "essential". QUESTION so law enforcement is essential but the accounting department that pays them are not? I doubt any big company or local government agency would just walk into their accounting department and deem them all non -essential and say comeback next month. lol! Thats bad business and the government is a business.
    Well the essential people are still getting paid.

So someone is cutting the checks.

So that kinda reinforces my argument some of these "non-essential" people arent really needed, now doesnt it.

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
    What many dont like is the governments business is to regulate private business and thats what this is all about.
    That's irrelevant to me on the shutdown issue. Two different issues.

Stay on topic please, and dont attempt to be a mindreader. That's annoying.

And 1bad65, there is a structure to government, those outbreaks you are talking about are inspected by your local health department. The FDA inspects imported foods, drugs, medical devices, and chemicals from other countries. Whats picked in Texas, California, etc is inspected by the state health department. The States send the FDA samples if it needs DNA processing. You would be surprised with some of the things the FDA stops before it gets to the public. Its funny only the things missed by the FDA will get put out on the news but never the accomplishments, but I bet you dont consider that "fake news".
    Interesting.

Do you have sources on that?

I ask because the FDA was heavily involved in both instances I cited.

And about us getting back paid and just finding another job, isnt that a strawman argument?
    Not at all.

That's actually a solution I proposed.

Maybe this will clear up what a strawman argument is:
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man

As far as pensions go, sounds like this effects you personally but it shouldnt because federal employee pay into taxes and social security just like everyone else.
    Of course it affects me personally, i pay for it.

I explained how that works earlier. Please keep up.

The retirement isnt that great either. Many state, county and city retirements are far better than the feds. Hell my part time city job has a better pension through the state of Ca.
    Great or not, its more than us private sector folks get.

We're 100% responsible for our retirements.
    Last edited by 1bad65; 01-21-2019, 02:35 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
      Traitors to their class.

Its confusing and frustrating how much they take up for the rich & corporations while rejoicing at the suffering of their fellow common man
      Try and keep up son.

I said nothing of the rich or corporations, or economic classes, in my discussion with him.

There you go with those strawmen, yet again.

Here son, you too need to read up:
      https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man

Comment

Its funny 1bad65's solution is just go get another job its easy and Man Down was like collect unemployment or get a loan. lol!
        That's the solution to the question you asked me.

If your current job ain't paying you, get another one.

I know your team calls y'all "stupid", but do you guys also lack common sense and basic problem solving skills too?

And fyi, you are getting paid. You'll get every dime owed you. You just have to wait til the shutdown ends.

I'd suggest calling your Congressperson and Senators if they are Democrats and tell them they need to at least show up to the bargaining table.

This shutdown ain't gonna end without a compromise, and you cant ever get a compromise when one side has dug in and refuses to negotiate.

Comment

Im going on 17yrs of government service, I am not rich by any means and I never will be working for the feds but I thought i had a steady income and health insurance. I guess they want me to collect social benefits. Kinda makes sense I guess.

Its funny 1bad65's solution is just go get another job its easy and Man Down was like collect unemployment or get a loan. lol!
          The more these people talk the more they expose themselves to not having any real life experience.

You have 1sad65, who lives off his dad.

Man down who doesn't work & his wife is the breadwinner.

You gotta remember things like this when you're talking to these people.

Comment

Federal workers do make their own damn money. I pay taxes just like you do every check.

Its odd that people want to see others not get paid. Its odd that the same people that dont have health and other benefits wanna see me and 799,999 people not have any just like them.

I served this country honorably, I have 2 college degrees, I own a home, I volunteer locally. I have done the things that since I was in elementary school I was told to do (live the American dream). Its a shame that people are jealous and want to see me and my family suffer because others that didnt accomplish what I have and dont have a decent paying job like me with minimal benefits.
            if they make their own money on dont depend on the government how come im still getting paid for work and they are not?

Comment

Federal workers do make their own damn money. I pay taxes just like you do every check.

Its odd that people want to see others not get paid. Its odd that the same people that dont have health and other benefits wanna see me and 799,999 people not have any just like them.

I served this country honorably, I have 2 college degrees, I own a home, I volunteer locally. I have done the things that since I was in elementary school I was told to do (live the American dream). Its a shame that people are jealous and want to see me and my family suffer because others that didnt accomplish what I have and dont have a decent paying job like me with minimal benefits.
              minimal?

and aint no one jealous of you

Comment

• Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                You have 1sad65, who lives off his dad.
                That is false.

Some mental defective said that nonsense, and a few of the most gullible idiots here, such as yourself, bought into it.

Everything I own; from my house to my cars, my clothes, and my fun ass toys I bought and paid for.

The most my father ever involved himself in my finances was as a young man he co-signed on a loan or two to help me establish credit.

I made all those loan payments myself, and thus built up good credit.

That's actually pretty common. Alot of fathers do that for their kids.

Maybe if you had a father you'd understand how it works.

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                You gotta remember things like this when you're talking to these people.
                Quite the opposite, actually.

He should ignore nonsense, foolishness, and false charges made out of emotion and team loyalty.

You just think everyone should be as ignorant as you. Misery loves company, ya know.

Thankfully you're a minority in that regard. Most people still require actual proof before speaking ignorance and thus embarrassing themselves.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
                  minimal?

Says Bigjavi the master thread maker LMFAO tells me a whole lot about u. Do u have 1 or 2 computer monitors?

Comment

• Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
                    minimal?

I don't know if it's irony, hypocrisy, coincidental or what but out of everything I wrote u picked out "minimal" than talk jealousy. Apparently some1s done their research & knows exactly what benefits Feds get. The blood must boil!

Comment

• Originally posted by Don Pichardo View Post
                      Problem is trump wants a do something temporary in exchange for something permenant. A great deal for the master deal maker. But no is dumb enough to accept it. So not much of a deal maker.

Maybe he should make DACA permanent. That would be and even exchange of sorts. Then I think it would be something the dems should consider.
                      He is not gonna do that. At least not right now. So in the mean time get the DACA deal so these kids can get jobs, have a SS, attend college. In 3 years or less many things can happen. These kids can get their jobs to pay the cost of a visa or green card, another deal can be made, they may decide to make it permanent you never know. But for now get it done.

Comment

Working...
                      X