Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think Eleider Alvarez didn't realise yesterday was fight week?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had anybody ever sung about Alvarez's talent prior to his KO win on Kovalev? I can't remember one writer speaking of him as "genuine great" material.

As much as I like Kovalev, when he comes back against the real beasts he will definitely have more problems than last night.

Comment

By the time he knew he needed plan “B” he already needed plan KO.
      But really, wasn’t Kovalev gassing out or catching him with a bomb Alvarez’s only chances from the beginning? Did anyone really think Alvarez was going to outbox Kovalev and win on points?

Comment

Originally posted by 4truth View Post
        By the time he knew he needed plan “B” he already needed plan KO.
        But really, wasn’t Kovalev gassing out or catching him with a bomb Alvarez’s only chances from the beginning? Did anyone really think Alvarez was going to outbox Kovalev and win on points?
        No, in fact. On the contrary, I wanted to bet on the result that happened, if only by virtue of McGirt's obvious attempt to turn the Krusher back into a boxer. Unfortunately I did not put my money where my mind was...

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
          Where was the silly ****'s Plan B?
          Originally posted by FrankieClutch View Post
          There wasn't one and that was a huge mistake
          They probably did have a plan B, but like plan A, they couldn't implement it because it wasn't based on reality.

I don't believe they even thought it possible that Kovalev could box like that for 12 rounds without gassing or becoming reckless.

Comment

Why are people surprised. Kovalev was ahead in the first fight prior to the KO. He was KOed because he gassed and could not defend against the counter.

All he needed to do in the rematch is to conserve energy to last the 12 rds. He did it through smart controlled offense. Landing good shots but forcing the KO.

Comment

Sometimes when the other fighter just outclasses you, there is nothing to do but try to survive to the last round.

I think he was not expecting this Kovalev that showed up and I think we should all respect the Krusher!

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                They probably did have a plan B, but like plan A, they couldn't implement it because it wasn't based on reality.

I don't believe they even thought it possible that Kovalev could box like that for 12 rounds without gassing or becoming reckless.
                Exactly. Which is why I felt like they just didn't have a plan B. They thought Kovalev was a 5 round fighter.

Comment

Working...
                X