Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Robbery was worse: GGG/Canelo I, or Wilder/Fury???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Robbery was worse: GGG/Canelo I, or Wilder/Fury???

Personally I think the Fury robbery was more blatant, you really can't make an argument for Wilder winning, whereas at least Canelo won more than two rounds against GGG, and the fight was closer, although Golovkin won clearly.

Thoughts?
    Canelo getting gifted a draw in GGG/Canelo I was worse
    44.64%
    Wilder being gifted a draw in Wilder/Fury was worse
    55.36%

Absolutely this one. A draw was a fair result in GGG/Canelo 1, the only problem with that was how blatantly terrible 1 card was. There was no way you could give this fight to Wilder. Something has to change in boxing with how fights are scored, otherwise just close up shop and call it a day on the sport, it can't keep going on like this with robbery after robbery in almost every big fight

Comment

Both were very bad.

Comment

Wilder/Fury

Comment

Both, but none will ever Match Kovalev CoWard 1

Comment

Fury robbery is worse

Comment

Im going to upset people and say BOTH the ggg canelo fights were bigger robberies. I know im in the minority with the second fight but the fact that canelo fought more aggressively doesnt change that i thought he got outlanded just as easily. my view from what i saw there is no case for canelo gettjng the verdicts he got on rbr basis. With the fury fight he schooled wilder but got knocked down twice and there were some rounds where not much happened. All 3 were crap decisions though. Im less annoyed about this one cause i expected it and said it twice in the rbr thread.

Comment

Not even close.

GGG out-landed Canelo by 59 punches, including connecting on more punches in 10 of 12 rounds (3 rounds were within 2 punches).

Fury out-landed Wilder by only 13 punches, including connecting more punches in 9 of 12 rounds (8 of those rounds were within 2 punches) and got knocked down twice.

Comment

Both were awful but Fury made Wilder look like a total bum. GGG just outfought Canelo and outboxed hum whereas Fury exposed Wilder as a total fraud.

Comment

This was worse.

Both had some disgraceful cards though.

At least GGG v Canelo was very competitive, both did good work in their own right. Fury v Wilder wasn't even competitive in parts, apart from the two knockdowns.

Comment

Working...
                    X