Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Daniel Dubois Batters Tom Little, Stops Him in Fifth Round

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Daniel Dubois Batters Tom Little, Stops Him in Fifth Round

Daniel Dubois extended his knockout streak Saturday night in London. The unbeaten British heavyweight prospect stopped Tom Little in the fifth round on the Martin Murray-Roberto Garcia undercard at O2 Arena. London's Dubois has now knocked out each of his eight professional opponents.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Dubois and yarde.. the new kids on the block..

Comment

Joyce vs Dubois Make it Happen!

Comment

While Yarde has been matched terribly, I think they've managed Dubois very well. I'd go for one defense of the English title in the Fall (somebody like Nick Webb or Kash Ali) followed by an experienced guy like Lewison or the White Rhino by the end of the year, then go for the British title to start 2019

Comment

I like Dubois as a potential champ one day, although my assessment is he is still 4-5 fights away from fighting a bona fide contender, gatekeeper or another 50-50 prospect.

He has good balance, and quite good fundamentals, a good consistent jab (which is becoming rarer) and obviously power.

I hate to say but, and it's only based on his youtube videos, he still needs room for improvement.
          Firstly, a little upper body or even just head movement while walking in would open up angles for him as well as the added advantage of possible leverage for counters.
          He does seem to push his punches somewhat- that don't snap, and his punches can be a little wild and careless- something an experienced fighter could capitalise on.

Perhaps that is a weight issue or too much strength training with not enough technique and speed drills.

He's only 20, and 8-0, so I don't see the need to hurry him along, it's not like the U.K is short on talent right now.

It's a good sign to see him gets some rounds in and deal with fatigue, and maybe one day we'll see him up against Junior Fa, or even challenge a much older Wilder, Joshua, Whyte, Miller etc.

Comment

Be nice to see him on a major overseas card for a bit more experience. Unfortunately being with Frank Warren it's highly unlikely to happen anytime soon.

Comment

Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
              While Yarde has been matched terribly, I think they've managed Dubois very well. I'd go for one defense of the English title in the Fall (somebody like Nick Webb or Kash Ali) followed by an experienced guy like Lewison or the White Rhino by the end of the year, then go for the British title to start 2019
              Yep, that sounds like th right idea for Dubois. He looked impressive last night. I’d like to see the Gorman fight. I think that’d be interesting..

As for Yarde, I think he can get hit just a bit too easy. If he comes up against a top 5 light heavyweight I think he could get stopped quite badly..

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Mangtana View Post
                Yep, that sounds like th right idea for Dubois. He looked impressive last night. I’d like to see the Gorman fight. I think that’d be interesting..
                I’d like to see that fight too, unfortunately Frank has said it ain’t happening any time soon

Comment

Just looking at BoxingMonthly's British rankings :

1: Anthony Joshua
                  2: Dillian Whyte
                  3: Tony Bellew
                  4: Hughie Fury
                  5: Joe Joyce
                  6: Dereck Chisora
                  7: Daniel Dubois
                  8: David Price
                  9: David Haye
                  10: Nathan Gorman

You should probably take Haye off the list and add Fury now.

Dubois is still learning and needs to be patient. But him and Gorman would be decent for him at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrismart View Post
                    Just looking at BoxingMonthly's British rankings :

1: Anthony Joshua
                    2: Dillian Whyte
                    3: Tony Bellew
                    4: Hughie Fury
                    5: Joe Joyce
                    6: Dereck Chisora
                    7: Daniel Dubois
                    8: David Price
                    9: David Haye
                    10: Nathan Gorman

You should probably take Haye off the list and add Fury now.

Dubois is still learning and needs to be patient. But him and Gorman would be decent for him at this point.
                    This is the current rankings over there ? lol

1. Joshua
                    2. Whyte
                    3. Joyce
                    4. Gorman
                    5. Dubois
                    6. H. Fury
                    7. Chisora
                    8. T .Fury
                    9. Bellew
                    10 . Price

Webb looks decent too .