No announcement yet.

Who are the Great Fight Promoters?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
    Gee, MIke, that is extra hard to come up with newspaper tributes to dead men. You did exactly what I said you would do. They are called obituaries ordinarily.
    To paraphrase Mark Twain, your news of Bobby Goodman's demise is premature, since he is still alive.

BTW, has anyone ever called you Dr. Kananga, who was the anti-hero in the James Bond's film "Live and Let Die"? You will remember that Commander Bond commented that the good Doctor had an inflated opinion of himself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBncb56Z_xI
    Last edited by mikeg1224; 06-10-2018, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dempsey-Louis View Post
      Jersey! LOL
      Florida???? You're comparing the phony bull**** state of Florida to NJ? lol...you made my day, thanks, pal.

Comment

Originally posted by embryo View Post
        Florida???? You're comparing the phony bull**** state of Florida to NJ? lol...you made my day, thanks, pal.
        No no no, born and raised in Paterson, now retired in Florida.

Comment

It is always possible that even the mighty Lefhook could overstep exact truth. If there were going to be an honest promoter, then he would probably work for a big venue like MSG rather than being in business for himself. In a case like that it is just another job. Any position high enough could injure the company's profile, so there is a natural restraint mechanism in place against the free & loose ethical maneuvers of private promoters. Then again, it is still a competitive business and the advantage will go to the cutthroat in the short and maybe the long run. For that reason I would not swear these people (Goodman and Aileen Whatever) are actually honest. They may have only been more honest, if at all. They are still in one of the dirtier businesses available to greedy ones, but they are (were) working regular jobs, it is worth reminding. Of course, the guy who works for Donking or Jabba the Arum is working a regular job, too, sort of...
          Last edited by The Old LefHook; 06-10-2018, 07:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeg1224 View Post
            To paraphrase Mark Twain, your news of Bobby Goodman's demise is premature, since he is still alive.

BTW, has anyone ever called you Dr. Kananga, who was the anti-hero in the James Bond's film "Live and Let Die"? You will remember that Commander Bond commented that the good Doctor had an inflated opinion of himself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBncb56Z_xI
            Watching that clip reminds me why I was a Sean Connery advocate; loved Moore as "The Saint' hated him as Bond.

Comment

Working...
            X