Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: Wilder Skipping Cardiff is Bull****, Doesn't Want Joshua!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These cowards straight up said they wouldn't let him in the ring, then they puffed their chests out as soon as Wilder cancelled his tickets. And, the British fans celebrate this kind of cowardice.

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post
      Wilder is right not to go. There's pushing for a fighting, and then there's begging. You don't want to get to the point of begging coz then people will step all over you like a door mat.

If I am Wilder from now on I don't want anything to do with AJ and Eddie Hearn. I don't talk about them, and don't comment on their fights/events, I don't associate myself with them whatsover. I completely freeze them out of my world and fight the best available and willing guy.
      Makes sense, Wilder should run his mouth when AJ has a fight Signed, but when he's not in a fight and available he remains quiet. Smart guy 😉.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
        These cowards straight up said they wouldn't let him in the ring, then they puffed their chests out as soon as Wilder cancelled his tickets. And, the British fans celebrate this kind of cowardice.
        Why does he need to be in the ring? It's not like when Klitschko entered the ring, as that fight was already signed and agreed. According to both sides, there's been no formal negotiation, just comments through the media. TBH I don't think anyone is ducking anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by adotd View Post
          Why does he need to be in the ring? It's not like when Klitschko entered the ring, as that fight was already signed and agreed. According to both sides, there's been no formal negotiation, just comments through the media. TBH I don't think anyone is ducking anyone.
          theres been no formal negotiation because the a-side, hearn, has yet to make one or put anything together

hearn is straight up scared....

wilder knows the whole thing is a set up so dillian whyte can call him out and hearn can put off the fight for another year or more

hearn is a joke...hes making AJ into one with this nonsense

Comment

Wilder was always talking about "I'll come to your backyard."

It's all talk. Guy has 40 fights and only 2 top-10 opponents and both were portly, out-of-shape fighters. Ortiz has skill, but is still a fat pos.

Comment

Why does Hearn bring up Whyte name so many times???
              Wilder is right not to go to Cardiff, it would be a trap, Hearn's wet dream is for Whyte to confront Wilder, Wilder does not need that, he stated already he only fights kings, not peasants! As much as I do not like Wilder boxing skills wise, he is the WBC champion, he does not need to chase anyone, let alone some guy who has already been knocked out by AJ

Comment

By not going Wilder is allowing Hearn to spin his side of the story to the world.

Dumb decision.

Comment

Well, Cornball Hearnetta did say Joshua kept asking for Whyte! Now they all 3 can come together again, share the stage again, and play house for their scared marksman.

Comment

This may actually be a smart play by Wilder's people if they're doing what I think they're doing. Eddie likes keeping Joshua in the UK over in his comfort zone while they develop him a little more. Makes sense. If Wilder goes there for the AJ/Parker fight, they can take the press from it and say, "See?! The fight has to be over here! Look how much attention they've paid to him! It would be a mega-fight over here!" A lot of the chatter from former heavyweight boxers, other promoters and some of the ESPN guys think that Vegas is where that fight should take place as it is (somehow) believed Vegas could generate more for the two fighters than a soccer stadium. If that's Wilder's team's play--it's actually a pretty solid no show.

Comment

I realise this post will get ignored cause I'm not taking sides or trolling, but anyway...

I don't blame Wilder for not going to Cardiff, ego and clout-wise it would've been a bad move, and Hearn clearly was going to use it as a platform to push Wilder-Whyte and not Wilder-Joshua. You can guarantee Whyte has spent this past week rehearsing his ringside confrontation of Wilder for the cameras, Clubber Lang style in Rocky III.

That said, Hearn all along is actually just trying to expose Team Wilder economically. They don't have the funds to match Hearn's purse offer to Wilder for Wilder-Whyte, let alone offer Whyte the money needed to stage it themselves in the States. If they could that would be the obvious move, get Whyte to the States and look to do a better job than Joshua did on him. But Wilder doesn't generate the money needed. Same reason Wilder couldn't get Parker in the ring, which would also have been the best move, giving Wilder a highlight reel KO potentially and two belts to match Joshua's two.

Overall the sad truth is this now does look like turning into another Mayweather-Pac situation, or GGG-Canelo at best... This will drag on for a while.

Comment

Working...
                      X