Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do people think Spence would beat Crawford?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I watch all their fights and study them. I love them both but my pick is Spence to win and not because he might be slightly bigger. Spence averages throwing almost twice as many punches per round as Crawford. With two highly skilled boxers throwing that many more punches will make a difference. Spence has more punching power, a better chin and he is a terrific body puncher. Spence is a great finisher with the killer instinct and he is a relentless attacker who wears guys down with constant pressure and a fast pace. Guys Crawford went the distance with Spence would knock out. I think Spence knocks out all current welterweights. Nobody lasts the full distance with him now.I think Crawford would beat any welterweight but Spence.

Comment

Originally posted by John Locke View Post
      I don't think people realise how skilled Spence is, in addition to being huge at 147. He matched Brook skill for skill and had the grit and mental strength to breakdown a top 3 welterweight and world champion at the time, away from home. Lets not rewrite history, going into the fight people were picking both ways and it was pretty 50-50, with Spence being a slight betting favourite.

Spence has a great jab, punch variation and workrate in the ring. His sustained body attack and accurate punching would overwhelm Bud imo, I have underestimated Crawford before so I don't want to sound too confident, but Spence is a monster. Anybody who beats him at 147 gets a real signature win.
      Good post. Spence really isn't getting the credit he deserves here imo.

Comment

Some will understand me:
        Spence is Winky Wright with power. Will give problems to anyone who fights lead hand down.
        It would be like Wright vs Bhop in whc Bhop clicnhed his way out for a robbery.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          I think Bud's chin finally gets asked the question it can answer vs Spence. Spence is a naturally bigger dude & he's not untalented himself. Hopefully the fight gets made, but I kinda feel its at best a long shot & if it does get made its in 2020 or thereabout.
          I'm guessing that Spence will be moving up to JMW at some point within the next 2 years (he turns 30 at the start of 2020 - the usual age at which fighters reach their lasting weightclass). If this happens it's likely to be - as you say around late 2019 early 2020 just before Spence moves up. Honestly though I don't see this as being as inevitable as some people seem to think. I don't think either Haymon or Arum are gonna be too eager to risk one of their stars when it would be relatively easy to steer them around one another.

Expect it in 2025 or so if they both keep winning...

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
            I'm guessing that Spence will be moving up to JMW at some point within the next 2 years (he turns 30 at the start of 2020 - the usual age at which fighters reach their lasting weightclass). If this happens it's likely to be - as you say around late 2019 early 2020 just before Spence moves up. Honestly though I don't see this as being as inevitable as some people seem to think. I don't think either Haymon or Arum are gonna be too eager to risk one of their stars when it would be relatively easy to steer them around one another.
            Agree. I think its very likely it doesn't even happen.

Expect it in 2025 or so if they both keep winning...
            IF they both keep winning yea perhaps. But I mean I tend to lean towards Bud being in the last division he'll compete for the top sport in at 147. And I feel like Spence might have a 154 & 160 run in front of him still. So basically I think once Spence goes to 154 this fight I think might have a 15% chance of happening right now goes down to about a 3% chance of happening.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              Agree. I think its very likely it doesn't even happen.

IF they both keep winning yea perhaps. But I mean I tend to lean towards Bud being in the last division he'll compete for the top sport in at 147. And I feel like Spence might have a 154 & 160 run in front of him still. So basically I think once Spence goes to 154 this fight I think might have a 15% chance of happening right now goes down to about a 3% chance of happening.
              I agree completely, this fight will never happen. It would be a dumb move to put Spence in with Crawford, and from Crawford's end, it would be dumb to risk fighting Spence right now. If they box, I will take Spence, but Crawford is a dog.

Comment

I'm on the fence for this fight. Crawford the far more skillful fighter imo, and perhaps even the harder puncher but Spence has that dog in him and relentless workrate.

To be fair they both have.

One of the best fights in boxing!

Comment

Spence has the better jab, power, punch variation, better at cutting off the ring, and he is just bigger and stronger. This fight will be a lot like Hurd vs Lara but end quicker. After watching Crawford's fights against Postol, Molina, Diaz, Indongo, and Horn it is clear that he has had some huge advantages in either size or skill. The only fighter who was able to match him in the "skill and speed" department was Gamboa, and we saw how Gamboa was having some success and even hurt Crawford while being a much smaller man. Since then, Crawford has yet to fight a puncher with speed and skill. This is why I kind of find it laughable for him to be favored over guys like Thurman and Spence who are much more skilled than anyone Crawford has fought but also have certain advantages over him. I think Spence will take Crawford out of his comfort zone and as time goes on, Spence will unload his arsenal and stop Crawford. Let's look at this objectively, you guys. Brook is bigger, stronger, and more powerful than Crawford. Brook was able to go up to 160 and be competitive against GGG even though he faced the inevitable and got stopped. Crawford could not go up to 160 and do to GGG what Brook was able to do. He's just not strong enough. Brook was basically a man amongst boys at 147 and Spence was able to walk him down and break him. I do not see Crawford being able to to do any better than what Brook could do. If anything, it will end much faster due to the fact that Crawford does not have the defense, strength, or power to gain Spence's respect. I honestly think Thurman would have a better shot than Crawford.

Comment

Sizes , Spence coming in at 170 the next day for all his fights at 147

Comment

This fight happens at a catch weight I bet since this won't be made in a year or 2 which by then Spence would have out grown at Welterweight.

Comment

Working...
                      X