No announcement yet.

Cris Cyborg opens as massive betting favorite over Amanda Nunes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cris Cyborg opens as massive betting favorite over Amanda Nunes

Oddsmakers don’t appear to have much faith in Amanda Nunes’ ability to snap Cris Cyborg’s 13-year unbeaten run.

Cyborg (-300) opened as a massive 3-to-1 betting favorite over Nunes (+230) on Friday morning ahead of a potential superfight between the UFC’s current female featherweight and bantamweight champions, according to odds released by online bookmaker Bovada. The news comes as Cyborg and Nunes continue to rage against one another on social media in debate over the date of their proposed meeting, with Cyborg calling for a Sept. 8 date at UFC 228 and Nunes requesting a Dec. 29 meeting at UFC 232.

Cyborg (20-1, 1 NC), the UFC women’s featherweight champion, is undefeated since stumbling in her professional MMA debut in 2005. Over that time, she has captured a litany of major titles — from UFC to Strikeforce to Invicta FC — while establishing herself as one of the greatest female fighters to ever compete. Her résumé includes victories over Holly Holm, Gina Carano, Tonya Evinger, Marloes Coenen (x2), and Shayna Baszler, among others.

Nunes (16-4), meanwhile, rides a career-best seven-fight win streak into the potential superfight against her Brazilian countrywoman. The reigning UFC women’s bantamweight champion, Nunes has defeated a slew of notable names over the course of her title run, including Ronda Rousey, Miesha Tate, Valentina Shevchenko (x2), Raquel Pennington, and Sara McMann.

If Cyborg vs. Nunes does take place, Nunes will vie for the chance to become only the third champion — and first woman — in UFC history to hold two titles simultaneously, joining the ranks of Conor McGregor and Daniel Cormier.

As good a striker as Nunes is...I just think Cyborg's too much woman for her.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
      As good a striker as Nunes is...I just think Cyborg's too much woman for her.
      Outside of the Rousey and Tate wins, Nunes has been a bit flat in her wins.

Comment

When is Cyborg not a favorite? Hasn't she pretty much dominated everyone to this point? Okay, she lost by kneebar in her first fight, but has steamrolled through everyone else.

Comment

Surprised Cyborg wouldn’t want the extra time, isn’t it catch weight or is Nunes fully moving up? And even if that’s the case Nunes definitely should take the time to add proper muscle properly.

Cyborg should definitely be a massive favorite but Nunes is legit. However I think Cyborg does every she does but better and stronger. If Holms couldn’t out point her Nunes only real hope is too land something big and hope it catches.

Comment

Cyborg is just a beast. Juiced or not she's one bad ass chick. The way she took Gina Carano's shots lets you know she's officially not the chick to argue about doing the dishes over.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
                Any chance of an upset.

Comment

No surprise.

I have a soft spot for Nunes and I hope she pulls off the upset.

But I don't see it happening, Cyborg is too much. Too big, too strong.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
                    Any chance of an upset.
                    None.

Comment

Working...
                    X