No announcement yet.

*American fans want Joshua vs Wilder right away but not Crawford vs Spence

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *American fans want Joshua vs Wilder right away but not Crawford vs Spence

Now I'm hearing *American fans saying they have to build the Crawford vs Spence fight while demanding Joshua vs Wilder right now. Double standards! The Joshua vs Wilder needs more marinating because it's a true mega PPV fight with a PPV star in Joshua while Crawford vs Spence is a good fight but not PPV worthy cause both of them ain't PPV stars.

people get very defensive about a crawford v spence fight happening for some reason. if it was two uk fighters at the top of the weight class the whole country would be urging them to get it on asap, yet all i hear on here is 'promoters doe'. yeah promoters have a preference for inhouse fights but it doesnt mean the fighters cant force their hand. To be honest i jsut get the sense that the americans would rather have two unbeaten guys than one so they can brag more, noone really seems to be taking sides out of the two of them.

Comment

You're not reading very well.

Everyone wants Spence-Crawford right away. Everyone also realizes the chances of that are slim and none.

Comment

Crawford just got into the division I don't think in his second fight bob arum is going to put him in the ring vs spence. spence has stated he wants to unify and has been saying it for the past 2 years so he wants the winner of porter Garcia which is a great fight. if Crawford vs spence was next id be happy to watch it but we all know that due to promotions it wont be NEXT

aj vs wilder are 2 champs in the HW division, whoever wins it is undisputed. there is no reason the fight cant be made next. they have already started negotiations and were in talks for a fight next, contracts have been sent and money has been offered so why exactly does it need to marinate? I can see if it was just talks from the fans but there have actually been meetings, talks, and aj was sent a 50mill offer. none of this has happened with spence n Crawford. I have no issue with aj/wilder fighting one more fight before they fight but my thing is why wont hearn just admit that's what he wants instead of all this madness? it can be next year but who exactly do you all want to see them fight outside of eachother or maybe ortiz???

Comment

This American wants both fights to happen the sooner the better and considers Spence and Crawford far better fighters PFP than Wilder and AJ. Marinating is promoter talk. I want top boxers to fight each other right away while they are both still in or near their prime.Maybe the promoters and the boxers make a little more money by letting the demand for the fight build but I sure don't get any of that extra money.

Comment

Hugely different circumstances.

Promotional uses being what they are we understand Crawford-Spence will take a year or two and then you’ve got the fact neither is likely to lose anytime soon and heavyweight boxing being what it is we can’t say the same about Joshua-Wilder.

Also Joshua is already about as big a draw as you can get in the sport whereas Crawford and Spence though both fine fighters are barely starting to create fan bases of their own beyond their hometowns.

Comment

Spence has 2 title defenses, Crawford just won the title. Joshua has 5 and Wilder 7. See the difference?

Comment

dont get american fans fcvked up with the floyd fans. they the one demanding aj vs wilder right away but is making excuses for spence vs crawford...

Comment

Working...
                X