Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would people be saying if Golovkin had signed to fight Khan?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    Khan is taking on a risk, no where in my post did I say that doesn't impress me, it's a big risk. I'm replying to what you said that Khan, a former Lightweight, is making former Super Featherweight champion Floyd Mayweather, former Featherweight champion Juan Manuel Marquez and former Flyweight champion Manny Pacquiao, look soft by taking on Canelo at 155lbs when they've already done even more than that. And what's crazy is that Floyd already fought Canelo at junior middleweight when he was undefeated, and Floyd comnig from 130 to 152 to fight Canelo is actually a bigger risk than Khan coming from 135 to 155 to fight Canelo. So I can't really understand your where these three fighters are averting risks, and how Khan fighting Canelo at 155 is so much more dangerous than what those 3 have gone through in their career? If anything, if Khan beats Canelo at 155lbs, then he'd be on his way to match what those 3 guys did already.

You have a case with Bradley for sure, Bradley has an excellent resume but Khan has him beat in risk taking now with the Canelo fight. The other 3? No way.
    Nobody was stopping PAC or Marquez from fighting Canelo.
    Nobody is stoping Canelo from fighting GGG. As a Mexican, khan is making dudes look less awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
      Not only because of what Bradley said but the fact that those 3 names have fought everyone in the sport, they had the rights that Khan doesn't have to get a fight with them. Bradley on the other hand at that point didn't have those right.
      You got me there Ray. I agree. Well put, and well said.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
        I'd be saying Khan is the best boxer he's fought. That's how sad his resume looks. All hype, no substance, nothing.
        You wouldn't be lying.

Comment

Working...
        X