Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Canelo makes Golovkin quit/corner stop, you MUST recognize the new TBE.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Szef View Post
    I think you don't know what TBE means to be honest. What kind of fighter you have to be to be even considered as the potential TBE.
    Not sure how many times I have to repeat the same.

With where these two fighters are at you have one guy in Canelo who's only ever lost to the best to ever do it over three weight classes of the current generation, and another guy who hasn't lost, yet hasn't fought anybody outside of their comfort zone.

In other words, we don't know how good Golovkin is because he refuses to test himself outside of his weight class. Thus, he has a harder hill to climb to get to TBE because he started late. That's not his fault, but it's fact.

Hell, I rate Bradley higher than Golovkin simply because Bradley has only ever lost to the second best to ever do it of the current generation yet has competed and beaten guys in two weight classes.

Amir Khan has lost a grand total of FOUR times. Even he I rate higher than Golovkin because he's competed over four weight classes.

Broner - four weight classes.

Now, the reason I make the statement about Canelo is that he is not nor has he ever been a knockout artist AND we believe Golovkin has an iron chin. Thus, it's LONG odds that Canelo makes Golovkin quit, stops him or knocks him out. I'd dare say impossible.

If you grant that, it means that IF he does this, he deserves the ultimate credit for doing the impossible AND next to Floyd, of the current generation, has the most credibility in terms of weight class, resume of names he beat and titles.

TBE.

Comment

Added the pill pop from the weigh in as another potential excuse. Just in case.

Comment

Can't see it happening!

Comment

It would be a great win, no doubt. But Ward will still sit happily at #1.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
            Added the pill pop from the weigh in as another potential excuse. Just in case.
            Lol. As corrupt as boxing is...sometimes these so called "excuses" are the truth.

You're no better than the people who are making these so called "excuses" before the fight by dismissing the f8ckery that can potentially happen.

Both are terrible sides to take. Wait until the fight is over.
            Last edited by Blue Heffner; 09-16-2017, 09:42 PM. Reason: removed "and" between terrible and sides.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Heffner View Post
              Lol. As corrupt as boxing is...sometimes these so called "excuses" are the truth.

You're no better than the people who are making these so called "excuses" before the fight by dismissing the f8ckery that can potentially happen.

Both are terrible sides to take. Wait until the fight is over.
              Reality is, it's up to G and his team to avoid bad judging by KO'ing Canelo. That shouldn't be hard for him if he's as good as people think he is.

To me, it's G that has something to prove here, because he's in there with someone that's faced the best. If Canelo is able to do what nobody thinks he can do, you have to acknowledge him with no excuses.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
                Reality is, it's up to G and his team to avoid bad judging by KO'ing Canelo. That shouldn't be hard for him if he's as good as people think he is.

To me, it's G that has something to prove here, because he's in there with someone that's faced the best. If Canelo is able to do what nobody thinks he can do, you have to acknowledge him with no excuses.
                Cool. I gotcha. I'm going to give Canelo all the credit he deserves if he wins. GGG is not an easy guy to overcome.

Comment

Working...
                X