No announcement yet.

The "tainted Mexican beef" excuse was plausible

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
    I probably belong to that groups of fans myself. Canelo has a great team around him. Family is butchers. Of course they knew that Canelo should stay away from Mexican beef. How stupid do they think we are?

Accidentally ingested contaminated meat..... gtfoh.

It’s also possible that this thread gives a platform for nsb overspill in here even though you made an identical thread there.

I don’t think there is a specific number of years. We can have the thread here, but I doubt there’s any room for real debate other than just differences of opinion.
    battle I swear you got that Viking streak of "arrrgh guilty!!!" Canelo is also a young guy...who might, when he is not at the gym, like to go out with friends and grab a local nosh now and then... Young guys have a hard time understanding the types of things that cause problems. We see it often enough.

And what would be such the benefit that would compel one to use a substance like this? balanced against the risk? To me the balance is such that it is more likely Canelo did something reckless.

Having followed this now a couple of things come to mind:

1) Queeny you do not know 5h1t about Comte... I happen to know a bit about him. Your prostrations about contamination are wonderful but Balco and Victor are topics foreign to you trust me.

2) I understand the need for a clean playing field, but guess what? we are at the tail end of how substances alter us and some will always see this a a means of progress. Its a big problem and going to get worse and in this way Queeny is quite right imo: Stop worrying about a few illicit antihistameans lol they are the least of our problem.
    Last edited by billeau2; 02-13-2019, 04:56 PM.

Comment

--- Here is a trillion scale model for dummies in $100 bills that would represent 100 nanograms.

2 nanograms that Canelo showed divided by his 180lb training and fighting weight represents 1/41st trillions of contamination. So add 40 more fields of the trillion scale shown and the raise the vertical scale 100x to represent a single dollar as a nanogram, and there you have it.

Now, I'm not sayin' that represents the average boxing fan IQ always blithering about drugs in boxing. They haven't passed a IQ test yet nor a drug test...only in boxing!!!

http://https://www.diffen.com/difference/Billion_vs_Million[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
        battle I swear you got that Viking streak of "arrrgh guilty!!!"

Canelo is also a young guy...who might, when he is not at the gym, like to go out with friends and grab a local nosh now and then... Young guys have a hard time understanding the types of things that cause problems. We see it often enough.
        Yeah. He could even have had a meal at his mom’s. It doesn’t matter though. He is a professional boxer and should be treated as such.

And what would be such the benefit that would compel one to use a substance like this? balanced against the risk? To me the balance is such that it is more likely Canelo did something reckless.
        I think it was (Mexican) Victor Conte who called clenbuterol very potent and useful for boxers. So the benefit is definetely there. Add to that a built in excuse of contaminated meat and you have a recipe for cheating.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post

Yeah. He could even have had a meal at his mom’s. It doesn’t matter though. He is a professional boxer and should be treated as such.

I think it was (Mexican) Victor Conte who called clenbuterol very potent and useful for boxers. So the benefit is definetely there. Add to that a built in excuse of contaminated meat and you have a recipe for cheating.
          Thank goodness some people here still have a sense of humor. I am on board with the belief he should be punished, I just have a bias for young people. As a species human beings have been made with certain factory defects (lol). One of them is that we develop relatively fast in the scheme of evolution... A young female is biologically prime at the age of 12 and on, and young men are most able to fight, heal and grow from about 20 and 0n. First let me be clear here: I am not making a valued judgement about a female child and sexual activity.

Where in we get to the paradox that confronts human kind: To be socially cohesive, strong, and stable we must forsake our biological Being in favor of our social Being. There is a very good reason why a young lady should wait as long as possible to become sexually active...and what of young men?

Well young people act impulsively and it can destroy their lives. What hurts me as a former teacher of High school and College is that it is a real bind. Human ethical structure in the brain especially does not form until we are upwards into our late twenties. So human beings truly made a deal with the devils...We have the fire Prometheus gave us but must forsake our biological imperatives at times.

I think this shows when a perfectly reasonable kid might do something really off the reservation! I know Canelo has more guidance, structure and incentive than most, I still would not be suprised if he did something on a lark, but that is just me lol.

Comte was a jazz musician who learned about nutrition and bought/invested in a very sensative detection machine for trace elements we need in our bodies. Not only Vitamins and Minerals, but beyond that measure...He learned how to use the machnery and started to get professional athletes as a client. I have friends that are in his circle from when he was a musician and nutritionalist.

Contrary to what many believe Comte did not want to get into illegal substances, but was interested in maximizing substances to enhance performance. This was his initial foray into the field. At the molecular level these substances are not so distinguishable. They all help the body in essentially a similar fashion. And a lot of what he does/did was using nutrition to enhance.

Comment

--- Whatever.

Bottomline is BALCO Conte kicked off the undetectable designer steroid era.

You can Nancy Dance around the obvious all you want, but that don't change the truth of the matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post
              A field expert says the values of Clenbuterol were consistent with meat contamination.
              • Clenbuterol used for weight loss or performance enhancement can be acquired as a tablet, liquid, or injection. People using clenbuterol for this purpose typically use between 0.06 and 0.12 milligrams per day, which is higher than the recommended dosage for asthma treatment.

0.06mg is 60,000ng. The clenbuterol found in Canelo's urine was 0.6 and 0.06ng...far below ANY therapeutic levels

So, yes, Clenbuterol levels in Canelo were "inconsistent with therapeutic use".

The event we are discussing is Canelo's drug testing results. His past and future results are literally - by definition - relevant.

Canelo never tested positive before or after and the instance in which he did test positive was the first time he was tested in Mexico.

Relevant.

Opinions and suspicions are - literally - irrelevant.

For example, I suspect you're a registered republican and don't like minorities. I have "inside sources" that suggest anyone who ignores research/science is quite possibly compensating for having a little weiner.

The only thing about Canelo that I've always found suspicious was how much weight he lost and put back on in between fights. His muscularity never bothered me (see Tim Bradley and Anthony Joshua or...RJJ).

That is a possibility. When interpreted with all other available information though it seems less likely because:
              • - His levels weren't therapeutic and were declared "consistent with meat contamination" by WADA lab director
                - Mexico has an established issue with specifically Clenbuterol in their meat
                - Canelo lives in Mexico
                - Canelo eats meat
                - Canelo never tested positive before or after
                - Canelo agreed to hair follicle test which came up...clean

Nobody said that the hair follicle test alone vindicates Canelo. However, it's just another piece of evidence that aligns with existing information which supports Canelo's innocence.

And the fact that you disregard the test from 100% to 0% because the validity of a test is affected by hair colour says enough about either your intelligence or prejudice (I suspect both are involved).

Sorry Donny Trump wasn't the hero you hoped he was XD XD XD

...we won't be having that discussion as you've proven too emotional to rationally review anything.
              Those are all excellent observations. If we look at the facts and analyze them logically then Canelo's "excuse" is quite plausible.

That doesn't mean that it's 100% the truth beyond any shadow of a doubt. Just that it's plausible.

But the fact that people can't bring themselves to admit even this obvious point shows how emotional they are being about this argument. They aren't debating from a place of rationality.

They are either sore Golovkin fans or Canelo "haters." Or both.

Comment

Canelo is also a young guy...who might, when he is not at the gym, like to go out with friends and grab a local nosh now and then... Young guys have a hard time understanding the types of things that cause problems. We see it often enough.
                If you've ever eaten street tacos in Mexico you know how tempting it can be to go grab a "nosh." With some hot salsa and cervezas.

Frankly, giving that up would make life a lot less worth living.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                  If you've ever eaten street tacos in Mexico you know how tempting it can be to go grab a "nosh." With some hot salsa and cervezas.

Frankly, giving that up would make life a lot less worth living.
                  I have not but I have eaten truck taco's in San Francisco and my sons grew up eating them after fencing practice... So good. Nothing compares, so simple! fresh and clean. Good stuff. I am trying to arriange it so me and brother Z can grab a few tacos.

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
                    --- Whatever.

Bottomline is BALCO Conte kicked off the undetectable designer steroid era.

You can Nancy Dance around the obvious all you want, but that don't change the truth of the matter.
                    Your a real idiot at times Queeny. You post intelligent stuff and then say the dumbest crap. Steriods were way in full swing before Comte. Yes Comte helped with masking stuff but he did a lot more than that and a lot more people were into the masking. Lets talk about the long count again shall we

Yes Comte was involved and so were a lot of others.

Comment

Your a real idiot at times Queeny. You post intelligent stuff and then say the dumbest crap. Steriods were way in full swing before Comte. Yes Comte helped with masking stuff but he did a lot more than that and a lot more people were into the masking. Lets talk about the long count again shall we

Yes Comte was involved and so were a lot of others.
                      --- You quoted yerself dummy, not me.

Steroids became available in the 40s, but more as an experimental component to physiological research. The most targeted group were the weightlifters because of obvious strength gains.

Mexico 68 Olympics were probably the first time wide drug testing was started at scale.

I'm thinking BALCO Vic is small patooties as to the level of Fraud he and the WBC are committing. Elizabeth Holmes was a wunderkind entrepreneur in the mold of elon musk with a blood testing company quickly bid up by wallsttreet to 4 billion+ until the wheels came off when it became obvious it was all a marketing scam. She's in deep doodoo, but since she didn't kill anyone save the inevitable bankrupt suicides, she needs a soft place of easily duped dolts to fleece.

Natural blonde with baby blues and still quite young, she could properly generate billions flowing into boxing with a come thee hither flick of here little pinky.

I least we wouldn't have to look at Vic's smirking rat face any more. Maybe she could let him stay on in an Igor role...yeah cleaning up boxing by cleaning it out.

Comment

Working...
                      X