No announcement yet.

Wilder fans were like 15m is a low ball, he made 7m for fury

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JRB123 View Post
    Problem is that Tyson Fury has said repeatedly how much he received for the fight. Either he was on target or he was a bit off.

The base purse split was reported as $4m for Wilder and $3m for Fury, with the extra money coming from PPV revenue and gate receipts.

If the actual purses will be released, then not only will we see if Fury got what he said, but also if Wilder got the 14 million that many people were claiming soon after the fight...which I doubt.
    No, I was referring to their upcoming rematch purses Doc. Both Deontay Wilder and Tyson Fury have been rumored to earn upwards of more than $54mil for that bout. $39mil for Wilder and $25mil for Tyson respectively for their return May 18th bout in New York City.

Comment

Originally posted by lfc19titles View Post

These fools have been exposed

First it was like joshua is low balling wilder

Wilder and fury was 50-50 which they all confirmed and fury said he made 7m

This ducking coward turned down more than double from Joshua

Wilder first after saying don’t low ball now saying money doesn’t matter

Pathetic duck exposed

Rejected 10m for Whyte too to fight for less, it’s pathetic
      I don’t have a dog in this yes I’m American but that doesn’t play into my decision. Fury is a smaller fight. Th AJ fight is the biggest in boxing right now so why should he accept $15mil? AJ will probably make a lot more so it needs to be negotiated and i say 60-40 or 55-45. Isn’t that fair?

Comment

Originally posted by Chrismart View Post
        DAZN wasn't launched then. It would of been Showtime which was Wilder's money to keep. He fought Ortiz instead, for what..half that?

It wasn't a shit offer at all. I imagine it would of been easily his highest payday at the time.
        DAZN deal was formally announced May 2018, the Wilder-Joshua talks broke down August 2018, and then Hearn tried the bait/switch to try and get a two-for, with Showtime frozen out of the talks.

Joshua-Povetkin on DAZN in September, Wilder-Whyte on DAZN in Fall 2018 (as the US debut), and Wilder-Joshua on DAZN April 2019. Not that difficult a scheme to see, tbh.

Deontay Wilder is an 80/20-85/15 split fighter at this point in his run; any tickover on non-name voluntary isn't going to see anything beyond that to fight Wilder.

Whether it's in front of 100 people on some private island, or 100000 at Bryant-Denny, Wilder is getting his proper share on any voluntary fight.

$7m doesn't come close to 80% of the take on Wilder-Whyte, at O2 Arena, on Sky Box Office/DAZN.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
          Perhaps you would be better off asking the author of the article to answer that question for you rather than me since he is better suited in answering it because after all he was the one who wrote the article in the first place.

Moreover, in this instance you don't need to know the sources of these financial projections anyway because they are just mere speculations and rumors at this point; Which means there is no way of even substantiating the validity or credibility of them.

However, in just a few days the official purses would be disclosed to the public anyhow.
          Exactly, it is just speculation by one of the worst tabloid papers in the country, so why are you using it as a tool to promote this idea that the fight will make huge sums of money and both guys will be making more than AJ?

There is no need to bother mentioning it.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
              No, I was referring to their upcoming rematch purses Doc. Both Deontay Wilder and Tyson Fury have been rumored to earn upwards of more than $54mil for that bout. $39mil for Wilder and $25mil for Tyson respectively for their return May 18th bout in New York City.
              They were saying the same last time. Turned out to be very wrong. Now they have spat these numbers out before a deal has even been reached but the real reason was because word had got out about what Joshua and Miller were rumoured to get so they thought they needed to 1 up it.

Its very easy to say $90 a PPV and 1.2 million homes will buy it but last time it was 2.5 million PPV's and it didnt even do the point 5 let alone 2 million.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                DAZN deal was formally announced May 2018, the Wilder-Joshua talks broke down August 2018, and then Hearn tried the bait/switch to try and get a two-for, with Showtime frozen out of the talks.

Joshua-Povetkin on DAZN in September, Wilder-Whyte on DAZN in Fall 2018 (as the US debut), and Wilder-Joshua on DAZN April 2019. Not that difficult a scheme to see, tbh.

Deontay Wilder is an 80/20-85/15 split fighter at this point in his run; any tickover on non-name voluntary isn't going to see anything beyond that to fight Wilder.

Whether it's in front of 100 people on some private island, or 100000 at Bryant-Denny, Wilder is getting his proper share on any voluntary fight.

$7m doesn't come close to 80% of the take on Wilder-Whyte, at O2 Arena, on Sky Box Office/DAZN.
                People don't even think AJ should be making 80% against Whyte and he already beat him.

How much do you think Whyte vs Wilder was worth at the time considering Whyte wasn't much of a draw an neither was Wilder?

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
                  I don’t have a dog in this yes I’m American but that doesn’t play into my decision. Fury is a smaller fight. Th AJ fight is the biggest in boxing right now so why should he accept $15mil? AJ will probably make a lot more so it needs to be negotiated and i say 60-40 or 55-45. Isn’t that fair?
                  He was offered 40 percent recently lol and refused

Either way

Wilder was offered at that time 4 times his biggest pay day and refused

That was a fair offer

Wilder is keeping his belt hostage but will lose to fury and won’t get more than 5m next time to fight aj

Comment

Originally posted by Fabes88 View Post
                    I agree with the premise but according to both fury and wilder they are bigger stars than aj so wilder and fury should’ve been a mega fight no?
                    No, they said they're better, not more famous.

AJ's more famous that's not debatable

Comment

Originally posted by lfc19titles View Post
                      He was offered 40 percent recently lol and refused

Either way

Wilder was offered at that time 4 times his biggest pay day and refused

That was a fair offer

Wilder is keeping his belt hostage but will lose to fury and won’t get more than 5m next time to fight aj
                      Stop picking your facts. You know that 40% came with so many contingencies on the fight and any rematch that the offer was absurd. That offer was as valid as the $50M for AJ- both were BS.

Comment

Working...
                      X